online rpg(s)

hell_renegade
Talent

online rpg(s)

Post by hell_renegade »

sometime ago there was a topic posted by Fel that mentioned EverQuest and someone posted a link to a free online rpg, i tried to use the search option but got no results, i'm sorry for the trouble but can someone find it for me  ::)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: online rpg(s)

Post by Spec8472 »

hell_renegade wrote:sometime ago there was a topic posted by Fel that mentioned EverQuest and someone posted a link to a free online rpg, i tried to use the search option but got no results, i'm sorry for the trouble but can someone find it for me  ::)

Not sure if you mean just 'online rpgs' or mmorpgs (massively multiplayer online role playing games)

Guild Wars (still in semi-closed beta (buy the pre-order pack and you get access to the beta weekend events)) is a "sort of" mmorpg
- Common areas (outposts, towns, villages, etc) have practicly no limit to the number of people there.

- Instanced areas (missions, explorable areas, etc) are unique to your 'party'.

- PvP Arenas are common to the players in that "round" of the ladder.

---

There are plenty of other 'true' MMORPGS.

Anarchy Online have a free 1 year trial going at the moment (You can't get access to any of the 'expansion packs', but you can play for free)
hell_renegade
Talent

Post by hell_renegade »

I really meant mmorpgs. thank you for your help  :),the one i remember was still beta and you have to download it (approx. 500 MB), there was elelemntalists and tao monks as playable characters and the game was developed in Asia (korea or china I think) if that's any help.
Last edited by hell_renegade on Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

hell_renegade wrote:I really meant mmorpgs. thank you for your help  :),the one i remember was still beta and you have to download it (approx. 500 MB), there was elelemntalists and tao monks as playable characters and the game was developed in Asia (korea or china I think) if that's any help.

Lineage? It's rather popular there, I believe, with very very large numbers of players. Almost totally non-english speaking,  as I understand it.