Demon's Bane, Chapter 6 (Spoilers)

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Demon's Bane, Chapter 6 (Spoilers)

Post by Lochar »

Fiferguy wrote:
Were_Fan wrote:
I have a funny feeling that the GoG has plans for Tarrin and thats why he is helping him. In the end i think tarrin will end up with us much power as a Solar but with the abilities he already has that would make him so powerfull nothing but an entropic could challenge him.
heck, the job of Elder God of Pyrosia is still open! 8)
I don't think that's going to happen. Tarrin I don't believe wants to be a god; he just wants a place to live in peace. Course, now that Pyrosia has a Weave, it could be that he decides to live there, but who knows at this point?
I seriously doubt Tarrin wants to be any God. Elder or not. It interfers with the Mi'Shara ability.

I can see him taking up the post though, just not in name, to keep anyone else from abusing the power. Depending on things fall out there he may end up with family in Pyros. Dolanna may end up being elevated to the Pyrosian Goddess of the Weave, Fireflash is now a semi-permanent resident of Pyros. Just depends.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Lochar wrote: I seriously doubt Tarrin wants to be any God. Elder or not. It interfers with the Mi'Shara ability.

I can see him taking up the post though, just not in name, to keep anyone else from abusing the power. Depending on things fall out there he may end up with family in Pyros. Dolanna may end up being elevated to the Pyrosian Goddess of the Weave, Fireflash is now a semi-permanent resident of Pyros. Just depends.
FireFlash has to go back to Sennadar, the only reason he is still there is because of the necklace...
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Hearly wrote:
Lochar wrote: I seriously doubt Tarrin wants to be any God. Elder or not. It interfers with the Mi'Shara ability.

FireFlash has to go back to Sennadar, the only reason he is still there is because of the necklace...
I have to wonder, do those necklaces last indefinitely, or are they like a battery that needs to be recharged after a certain amount of time? If they last indefinitely, maybe he doesn't have to go back...
Bodak
Novice

Post by Bodak »

Ok…why can’t Tarrin take up his body and go Demon lord killing with a certain Bow and quiver with pointy arrows that kill things :twisted: , and can be used as a throwing weapon or a hand held weapon.
(note:“The quiver too,” Tarrin called. “You’re not going to try to stab me with any arrows.”) The arrows will work without a bow..
There is not an end without a begining.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Right, and all the Demons the Lord called will be sent back with him, as i understand it.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Bodak wrote:Ok…why can’t Tarrin take up his body and go Demon lord killing with a certain Bow and quiver with pointy arrows that kill things :twisted: , and can be used as a throwing weapon or a hand held weapon.
(note:“The quiver too,” Tarrin called. “You’re not going to try to stab me with any arrows.”) The arrows will work without a bow..
It's the same issue as when the Solar said Tarrin couldn't use them. He's not a Deva. He can kinda-sorta get around it using Deva materials (hair), but he can't kill with it. Or at least that's what the Solar thought.

We've seen them out smarted before though. But that quiver could very well make the rest of the game easy. Having trouble with a major demon? Stab it and poof!
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

I wonder if he's going to give them back when he's finished?
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Ladies and gentleman, tarrin is going to kill the One; Its the main plan and it gets rid of all of his enemies in one foul swoop. I'm more interested in figuring out what item in sennedar tarrin is going to be looking for. My money is on spyder's cloak made out of space. Woo hoo, we get to see spyder naked... um, I mean, no, bad idea. thousands of year old urzani... um, nevermind. :oops:
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

michaelsuave wrote:Ladies and gentleman, tarrin is going to kill the One; Its the main plan and it gets rid of all of his enemies in one foul swoop. I'm more interested in figuring out what item in sennedar tarrin is going to be looking for. My money is on spyder's cloak made out of space. Woo hoo, we get to see spyder naked... um, I mean, no, bad idea. thousands of year old urzani... um, nevermind. :oops:
Um, I'm assuming it's his Body that is the Item he needs to get in Sennadar, also If I remeber reading correctly, he isn't going to be killing the One..
schloaty
Novice

Post by schloaty »

Personaly i think tarrin is going to kill the One. I don't know how or when, but I think it will be near the end of the book. Mother wyn i think is the GoG or one of his personal servants. Only the GoG or his highest servant would have the power to freeze a solar. I have a funny feeling that the GoG has plans for Tarrin and thats why he is helping him. In the end i think tarrin will end up with us much power as a Solar but with the abilities he already has that would make him so powerfull nothing but an entropic could challenge him. I also have a feeling that Ayise and her children will learn what fear truly is when he finaly returns to sennadar. It will be interesting to see how they react to it.
I think this is pretty close to the money. Every system needs to be shaken up now and then, and I think the GoG has it in his head that the Gods & Demons are getting too full of themselves.

Need some changes around here, folks!

Of course, it's also possible that Mother Winn is another, vastly more power full entropic (with distinctly diabolical plans). I seem to remember that it was written in one of the chapters that Tarrin was an entropic, but not the really powerful kind.

Also, I sure do hope Tarrin wipes out The One God - even if it's only a side effect of the main goal. Didn't like that guy much.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

schloaty wrote:Of course, it's also possible that Mother Winn is another, vastly more power full entropic (with distinctly diabolical plans). I seem to remember that it was written in one of the chapters that Tarrin was an entropic, but not the really powerful kind.
This is the twist that I have been following. A plot that has yet to reveal. Could be the book after Demon's Bane. It may be a twist to see how Tarrin handle the Gods and a new project to get rid of some god/demon in their plane of existence.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.