broken link to fifth Firestaff book

dementer
Talent

broken link to fifth Firestaff book

Post by dementer »

I can't get my fix :) becauase the fifth book seems to be offline?
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: broken link to fifth Firestaff book

Post by Fel »

The links on the original website are broken, because the original website is broken, I can't get into it, and I can't get hold of Apex, who hosts it.

Follow the links up on the top for Sennadar Backup @ Plebian.net to go to the backup site, where you can find everything currently available, and the links work! ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Post by Were_Fan »

Fel wrote:The links on the original website are broken, because the original website is broken, I can't get into it, and I can't get hold of Apex, who hosts it.

Follow the links up on the top for Sennadar Backup @ Plebian.net to go to the backup site, where you can find everything currently available, and the links work! ;)
Fel,

You are listed as the administratve contact for sennadar.com so you can change your DNS registration. If you get a hosting package from another hosting company then you can simply switch your domain info to the new IP address. At that point, I'd suggest locking the registration.
--
Jim/Were Fan
http://ilcomps.com
Baen Book free SciFi CDs:
http://www.ilcomps.com/Baen/Baen_index.htm
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Fel,

Cant you copy that site to another webserver? The IP address of your site is controled by the company that you received your Domain Name from. If you purchased webspace on another web host and changed the IP address on your Domain Name at the Domain company, that would allow you to update your website. ( Just dont loose the username and password ) :wink:

Godaddy comes to mind, because that is what I use.

Fawks
dementer
Talent

Post by dementer »

Fel wrote:The links on the original website are broken, because the original website is broken, I can't get into it, and I can't get hold of Apex, who hosts it.

sweet thanks :)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fawks wrote:Cant you copy that site to another webserver? The IP address of your site is controled by the company that you received your Domain Name from.
The DNS is seperate from the hosting... looks like the domain is registered through http://www.networksolutions.com

FWIW:
I've got hosting all set up and ready to roll -- it just requires Fel (or whomever controls sennadar.com) to change the domain records to use the dreamhost DNS servers.

ns1.dreamhost.com - 66.33.206.206
ns2.dreamhost.com - 66.201.54.66
ns3.dreamhost.com - 66.33.216.216