It snowed!!!!!

Fel
Weavespinner

It snowed!!!!!

Post by Fel »

I'm safely in Maine, and par for course, it started snowing the instant we reached Portland, it was raining in New Hampshire, traffic was @#$%@#$%#@ in Connecticut, and the people still drive like maniacs in Boston.

Now to get some sleep.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
MISER
Katzh-dashi

Re: It snowed!!!!!

Post by MISER »

Ah so you got it huh.

Here in the middle of Colorado its 60 degrees and beautiful.

Glad you are there safe.

Cheers and spirits of the season to all.

John
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

17 hours in a car...ugh.

Heavy rain in New England.

Thick fog in Pennsylvania.

Heavy snow in the mountains of West Virginia.

I'm going to bed now. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Welcome back home and sleep well. Hope all the visions of fruitcake and turkey and family revved up your writing juices. Still good to hear you made it back ok!

J-Man5
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Post by Were_Fan »

Fel wrote:17 hours in a car...ugh.

Heavy rain in New England.

Thick fog in Pennsylvania.

Heavy snow in the mountains of West Virginia.

I'm going to bed now. ;)
That reminds me of the "trip from Hell" I had a few years ago. I had attended some conferences in Los Angeles and visited my sisters. There was only one glitch on the way out when my car slowed for no apparent reason. At 11 PM in the mountains you don't want your car to fail. There was no smoke and guages were all OK. Then I passed a 7,500 foot elevation sign and I figured out the problem. ;-)

On the way back, I was planning on stopping in the Denver area on my way back to Illinois. I had just wrapped up a visit in in Pueblo, south of Denver when it started to snow. I didn't want to get stuck in Colordo for a week or few (they close off the expressways during bad snowstorms) so I kept driving. Took Rt 24 from Colorado Springs to I-70 to save an hour or so. Just before getting to I-70 I thought there were bad explosions and fire ahead of me illuminating the sky. However, it was cars going up and down hills illuminating the descending fog. Then I drove into the fog. There was rain, sleet, snow, fog and ice after that. Finally got out ahead of the storm but short cat naps let it catch up. Burgers and instant cappucino kept me going. My Illinois scheduled arrival of late Friday or early Saturday turned into late Thursday after 30 something hours of driving. Friday mornings newspaper weather map had ice shown all across the nation. I could have been delayed a week! After eating breakfast, the rest of Friday was spent sleeping. :-o

Then there was the blizzard I drove through getting home from the first "cold fusion" conference in Boston, MA. The conference, cold fusion and the trip were all a "bust" but it was an experience. :-)

Ah, well, enough deja vu ramblings from an over the hill programmer, truck driver and soldier Hope y'all are having/had nice holidays.

--
Jim