Demons Bane, Chapter 4 Discussion [SPOILER]

Spec8472
Weavespinner

Demons Bane, Chapter 4 Discussion [SPOILER]

Post by Spec8472 »

Download Here: http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=428

Please post anything SPOILER related about this chapter here.
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Re: Demons Bane, Chapter 4 Discussion [SPOILER]

Post by Were_Fan »

Spec8472 wrote: Please post anything SPOILER related about this chapter here.

Woo Hoo! What a fight! It was too bad Tarrin couldn't grab a few Demon soul amulets while he was having fun. However, he was too close to the Core for that particular power to work.

Afterwards, I didn't mind Tarrin smashing up the head sage but I wish he hadn't burned the library. The only gold embossed, leather bound, illustrated, autographed hardback copies of the Firestaff and Pyrosian chronicles know to exist in the Multiverse were in that library. Hopefully, Mother Wynn's helper got those out before they were converted to ash and smoke.

--
Were Fan
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

I LOVED the pegasus :twisted: , you can just tell they get on like a house on fire, wait, better make that a library :wink: . I'm a bit sad about the library burning however, don't mind the rest of the building, but to lose that much knowlege... such a shame :cry: !
And Damn! That was one HELL of a ambush :shock: :!:
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

damn that was good :twisted:

He should have killed a few more sages. Damn good chapter Fel. Can't wait for more. Just thinking about syder vs Tarrin has me going nuts.

aberia
Lunchbox
Initiate

Post by Lunchbox »

that was a great chapter, the fire pegasus was bad ass too. And while i was reading i was wondering why he wasnt snatching soul amulets, but then i remembered that it was a power he gave himself. And how were the balors flying dont they use their demonic power to fly?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Balors have wings.

The only Demons that can fly naturally are vrocks, chasme, nabassus, nalfeshnees, succubi, Alu-demons, and balors.

Most marilith are wizards as well, so most of them know magic that allows them to fly, but that wouldn't work there.

And btw, thank that marilith Tarrin half-blinded, not me. That particular trap was a product of her mind.

Perhaps now you understand the cunning of the marilith. They ARE the most dangerous of all the Demons...not because of their raw power, but because of their intelligence. And in groups of Demons, they are the most dangerous because of their discipline. Marilith are just about the only Demons who can quell their own Demonic impulses and act in concert, working as a TEAM instead of a collection of individuals, and they can impose that discipline on Demons under their command. Even balor obey the commands of a marilith on the battlefield, despite them being of higher rank, because they KNOW the marilith is following her plan, and a marilith's plan usually ends in success.

Shaz'Baket was always at a serious disadvantage in dealing with Tarrin on Sennadar, and so her machinations were never quite up to the marilith bar of proficiency. This particular marilith has much more room to work with, and the quality of her work shows it.

Oh, and by the way, I'm glad you like Fury. Ain't she fun? ;)

It's about time Tarrin found a mount/animal that shares his malevolent disposition.

And don't worry, she'll be around for the rest of the book. Fury's in heaven right now...she's finally got a master she can understand and appreciate, a master that understands HER. That loyalty was the only thing that brought her back to him during the ambush. And after Tarrin sends her back to the material plane, she'll be around. He'll have to send her to Pyrosia first, and then on to Sennadar. So she'll be prevalent through the rest of the book.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi

Post by Were_Fan »

aberia wrote:damn that was good :twisted:

He should have killed a few more sages. Damn good chapter Fel. Can't wait for more. Just thinking about syder vs Tarrin has me going nuts.

aberia
Yeah,Agreed! A few or a lot more dead sages would make them think twice before trying to deceive anyone else. I kind of feel sorry for the receptionist, though. She was just a low level worker doing her job and didn't have anything to do with the treachery of the sage council. Burning her precious desk would have been enough "punishment".
However, it is Tarrin's were-cat nature to kill those who simply bother him, let alone send him into a trap. The sages will need to write a book or two or three about the mighty Were-God when they buiuld a new library.

--
Jim
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi

Post by Were_Fan »

Journeywoman wrote:I LOVED the pegasus :twisted: , you can just tell they get on like a house on fire, wait, better make that a library :wink: . I'm a bit sad about the library burning however, don't mind the rest of the building, but to lose that much knowlege... such a shame :cry: !
The loss of all that knowlege is what saddens me also. Maybe later in the series Fel can have Mother Wynn give Tarrin a library with all the books? However, maybe really important books like the Sennadar Blood War history are already in Mother Wynn's library.
And Damn! That was one HELL of a ambush :shock: :!:
Yes, those Demons really were surprised by Tarrin's ambush of their ambush, weren't they? <LOL>

--
Jim

ps-spelling edited
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

It'll be amusing seeing Tarrin run into these next guys... he's not exactly in a good mood. Wonderful fight in this chapter. I was so surprised when I came to the last page. Oh, well. I guess I'll just reread it again.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Lunchbox
Initiate

Post by Lunchbox »

Fel, are we ever going to find out what was up with that phoenix? it has been bothering me for a while
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Lunchbox wrote:Fel, are we ever going to find out what was up with that phoenix? it has been bothering me for a while
Are you talking about the phoenix in Axe of the Dwarven King, Chapters 9, 10, and 12 (Caution: Links to Axe of the Dwarven King timeline)?

I can't find it anywhere, but I think Fel said that he had been planning to take that somewhere, but never did.
Lunchbox
Initiate

Post by Lunchbox »

yea, and it just now hit me that i never found out what was going on with that, i was think it was going to be his new pet but then he got the gold drake
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

lol, well, the phoenix is more or less out of the story, so why not. If you didn't catch it before, you never will. ;)

the Phoenix was an Avatar of Ahiriya.

If you pay attention, you'll notice the connection if you re-read. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

“Are you about done?” he asked levelly, directly addressing her as a Druid would any animal he wished to understand him.

Is the Druidic communication with animals Druidic spell, or innate Druidic ability? If I uderstand correctly the number of places where Druidic magic work isn't that large... I wouldn't expect Druidic magic to work on Crossroeads.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Didn't Tarrin lost the arrows in fight? Or were there additional supply in the saddle?
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")