Demon Power Structure

UbberDude
Talent

Demon Power Structure

Post by UbberDude »

Whats the Demon Power Structure again?  I thought in one of the earlier book where Tarrin replaced Spyder as the portal guardian, Tarrin referred a "Balor" as a Demon Lord... or did I miss something?
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: Demon Power Structure

Post by Hearly »

ubberdude wrote:Whats the Demon Power Structure again?  I thought in one of the earlier book where Tarrin replaced Spyder as the portal guardian, Tarrin referred a "Balor" as a Demon Lord... or did I miss something?

He did, but I think Fel decided that a demon lord was something stronger than a Balor...
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Balor might have the power of the demon lords, but maybe not the mind to control other demons? All brawn and no brain?  A demon lord controls other demons, and balor's might not be smart enough to do that.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Peter_Koopman
Initiate

Post by Peter_Koopman »

I seem to remember I've read somewhere, that Balors are the Barons of Hell. I'm not sure if it was in Fels books or that it was in some AD&D book.

But it's clear to me that Fel has something worse waiting for Tarrin... Poor kitten :-)
"Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

sotho wrote:I seem to remember I've read somewhere, that Balors are the Barons of Hell. I'm not sure if it was in Fels books or that it was in some AD&D book.

But it's clear to me that Fel has something worse waiting for Tarrin... Poor kitten :-)

hehe ya really, I mean they seem to be throwing everything including the Kitchen Sink at him, I don't think the plan's he has about the demon Lord stepping aside will pan out, as the Demon Lord has given a lot of demon's to defeat him.. (and lost almost all of them)
Peter_Koopman
Initiate

Post by Peter_Koopman »

hearly wrote: I don't think the plan's he has about the demon Lord stepping aside will pan out, as the Demon Lord has given a lot of demon's to defeat him.. (and lost almost all of them)
I'm no expert on demons, but I'm pretty sure a demonlord doesn't  give a damn about his underlings.  Demon's life for death and destruction, no matter what or who's destroyed.

Plus, the only thing Tarrin has killed sofar, can be called cannonfoder. The Marilith and one Balor are the only real Demons, this lord has thrown into battle.

Fact is, a Demon cares only for itself. The Demoness Empress from Sennadar is an exeption, because she's [s]created[/s] modified by a magic spell. She is in no way comparable to her kin of the Nine Hells.

---

Hmmm... I heared about the Spoon of Doom, but this Kitchen Sink from Hell is a new one for me.  :D
Last edited by Peter_Koopman on Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

sotho wrote:Fact is, a Demon cares only for itself. The Demoness from Sennadar is an exeption, created by a magic spell. She is in no way comparable to her kin of the Nine Hells.
The Demoness Empress of Arak, Shi'ka, was not created by magic spell. She is Succubus, heavily modified by 'revert personality' spell. Described somewhere in books; "Axe of a Dwarven King" I think...
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

sotho wrote: ---

Hmmm... I heared about the Spoon of Doom, but this Kitchen Sink from Hell is a new one for me. :D
Fear the spoon!!

MD
(No work today for MommyDoom. Home with feverish baby).
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

mommydoom wrote:
Fear the spoon!!

MD

Uh oh.  Get well soon little James.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

mommydoom wrote:
Fear the spoon!!

MD
Do fevers respond to threats of the Spoon of Doom.  Or does the Spoon of Doom get used for administering exlirs of medicine?

BTW hope your progeny gets well.

J-Man5
The_Namer
Initiate

Post by The_Namer »

Bu the way, you do remember that Tarrin knows Wizardry short-range Teleport spell, from his encounter with red dragon Firestaff Guardian? I wonder if it works on Pyrosia. It would help immensely in fight with shadow dragon, if it isn't a demon with innate Teleporting, in which case Tarrin would need to block all teleporting.  

Tarrin learned the Sorcerer's Teleport spell in the battle with Big Red from a Weave echo, not the Wizard's version. Nevertheless, he's almost certain to have learned the Shadow Step spell from Kimmie or Phanderbrass, and maybe other Wizardly methods of quick travel.
Here lies an atheist: All dressed up and nowhere to go.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

the_namer wrote:Tarrin learned the Sorcerer's Teleport spell in the battle with Big Red from a Weave echo, not the Wizard's version.
I'm too lazy to look it up in a book, but I'm quite sure that it was Wizard spell, as it required saying words (and Sorcery doesn't need that).

Shadow Step is long range Teleport. That was short range one.
The_Namer
Initiate

Post by The_Namer »

During the battle, Tarrin did learn a Wizard spell by listening to the dragon, but it was one that confused the senses, not Teleportation. He discovered how to Teleport when remembering the Sha'Kar mentioning it, and the Weave responded by showing him how to do it by Sorcery. He used it to Teleport short-range to dodge around the dragon.
Last edited by The_Namer on Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here lies an atheist: All dressed up and nowhere to go.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Ah. Thanks for correcting me.

Sorcery Teleport wouldn't function, as it needs Weave, if I remember correctly. Wizardry confusion is still useful spell in the battle.
Peter_Koopman
Initiate

Post by Peter_Koopman »

shadowhawk wrote: The Demoness Empress of Arak, Shi'ka, was not created by magic spell. She is Succubus, heavily modified by 'revert personality' spell. Described somewhere in books; "Axe of a Dwarven King" I think...
(Grin) That's what I meant. :-) English is not my native language, so sometimes my words come out garbled.

I know I should have written 'modified' and not 'created'.