Return of the King best movie EVER!

dustyX
Novice

Return of the King best movie EVER!

Post by dustyX »

I'll say or at least until I can convince japanese anime makers to create the Firestaff series, ^_~

~dX
negativecow
Initiate

Re: Return of the King best movie EVER!

Post by negativecow »

i bet it will be beter with the extended version (i pursonely am gonna see all 3 of them when the extended version comes out for the last one)
pets: just in case we run out of food
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Saw ROTK last night (Aussie Time) --- very very good.

From what I've heard, they're going to be making the extended DVD version of ROTK around 5 hours long.

Can't wait! :)
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

5 hours cool! The last 2 extended editions were cool, espcially Two Towers Easter Egg; Gollums acceptance speech at the MTV awards  :D ;D !
The movie itself was great but I must admit seeing the first session in Australia was kind of a let down :'(. Having been to the 1st 2 at midnight in NZ I guess I was spoiled ;) ;D. The Felowships' midnight session had the feel of the theatre with people doing a standing ovation when they saw a name of a person they knew as the credits rolled 8). The Two Towers, 5/7 cinemas in Hamilton (near Hobbiton) were filled :o. And I go in Australia to the first session and I see 1/2 a cinema  :o and it is at 9.30 am  :'( ??? !
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

journeywoman wrote:...The last 2 extended editions were cool, espcially Two Towers Easter Egg; Gollums acceptance speech at the MTV awards :D ;D !
Yup, very good :)

Note: for those of you that have the Two Towers Extended Edition DVD, and havn't seen the "Easter Egg", then follow these instructions:

1) pop the first disk in,
2) go to Scene Selection,
a) Press Select/Enter
b) press RIGHT
c) Press DOWN several times until "29-30" is selected
d) press Select/Enter
e) press DOWN several times until a ring appears next to "* New scene"
f) press ENTER
3) Sit back and watch Andy Serkis accepting the MTV "Best Virtual Performance" award.

(There is a similar process for Fellowship, which gives you MTV's version of the Council of Elrond.)

The movie itself was great but I must admit seeing the first session in Australia was kind of a let down

For all my efforts, I wasn't able to secure myself Gold Class seats (MAJOR dissapointment).

---

So, all three extended versions, that's what:
FOTR: ~3:30
TTT: ~3:45
ROTK: ~5:00
Around Total, somewhere around  12 hours.

Crikey...