Galloway Sucks, Edit:  impatient reader, post=jest

Brian

Galloway Sucks, Edit:  impatient reader, post=jest

Post by Brian »

Well, i'd simply like to say that, what i hate in this world more than anything is a soapie.. why?

Simple, you know how they catch your attention and then just leave you hanging until the next episode and the worst part is that they do it for almost EVERY episode?  Well.... thats what i hate

Only thing i hate more than soapies is a bad book, cause i always have to finish reading a book i start.

Only thing i hate worse than a bad book, is a GOOD book that is still being written.

Worst part about my whole dilemma is the fact that i have read two books by Mr Galloway and i like them both but it's like.. they're still works in progress and the only thing i can do is sit here and wonder when the next installment comes out and i'm thinking that if i could just slip my hands round the authors neck and snap it like a twig i would cause both books are going to keep bothering me til i finish reading them!

There i've now said my two cents  
Last edited by Brian on Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenposey
Talent

Re: Galloway Sucks, Edit:  impatient reader, post=jest

Post by kenposey »

Mr Galloway is a busy person if you cant wait for the next part of his story and treat the man with some respect for the entertainment he provides then read something else. Everybody else who wait on the next part do so without making death threats try acting a little more mature.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

You could also not read any of the stories "in Progress" and only read the completed books, you did it to yourself..
spider
Talent

Post by spider »

Well it seems to me that someone lacks patience...
There is no reason to be so rude and aggresive to someone who has spent valuable free time to provide us with stories of which are of good quality not to mention interesting and entertaining. Few online stories are as good Fel's stories here. So don't go dissing him just because u have no patience to wait for new chapters... You can just sit on ur posterior and wait until Fel finishes the book before reading it......

Patience is a virtue but it seems you don't have neither patience nor virtues... >:(
Last edited by spider on Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Itsy Bitsy Spider went out to Sennadar,
Down came Tarrin and kicked the spider out,
And now the spider has become a toast arachnid,
So the itsy bitsy spider just keeps posting on the board
rick
Sorcerer

Post by rick »

If I may add my 2 cents   theres an old saying 'Beggers can`t be choisey' . Something simular should be said about we who read FREE STORIES  on the web .These author do not get paid for their work .They have to  balence work ,life and writing. A lot of them also pay  for the web pages we read the stories on. and Out of their own pockets I may add.We owe them our respect  at  the verry least .for what they do. I`m not crazy about having to wait but I would rather wait then have my favorite  authors give up because someone   is rude to them .
My mind is a terrable thing to leave empty, It comes up with weird things to fill the empty places.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

brian wrote:Well, i'd simply like to say that, what i hate in this world more than anything is a soapie.. why?

Simple, you know how they catch your attention and then just leave you hanging until the next episode and the worst part is that they do it for almost EVERY episode? Well.... thats what i hate
I thought it would be more that: Soapies have poor writing, predictable plots (if they have any), lack of character development - or for that matter: total lack of character DEPTH.

Fel's books I certainly wouldn't say that about.

As for your obvious impatience:
If you're so eager to get the next chapter, why not pony up the cash equivilent to what Fel does/would earn upon him completing the current university course. I'm sure if you handed over, say, USD$60,000/year Fel might write full time, rather than "as time+energy+mood+creativity permits"

Now, please, stop making death threats against Fel.
Last edited by Spec8472 on Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle_Rand
Initiate

Post by Uncle_Rand »

Hey all. Now I don't know if this topic was started as a joke or not,(personally, I'm pretty sure it was) but the title of it is just plain wrong. How about one of you moderator types changing it to something else? Can you do that? If not, then just delete the whole thread, cause I don't think Fel needs to see that title every time he checks the board for new posts.

Uncle Rand
firefox
Talent

Post by firefox »

I absolutely agree , post like this tends to kill the creativity spirit. And i am sure we all agree we don't want the next installment to be delayed just because we could not be patient.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

I've given Fel death threats before and have never been called down for it, why don't you pick on me damn it, I want to be picked on!  :(

Spec: not sure about the paying him thing, it might help a bit but Fel has said he writes for fun and if it was a job it wouldn't be so fun.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Well, if could just publish his books, it could be at least a part-time job, and help with bills and confort...
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

greymist wrote:I've given Fel death threats before and have never been called down for it, why don't you pick on me damn it, I want to be picked on! :(

Spec: not sure about the paying him thing, it might help a bit but Fel has said he writes for fun and if it was a job it wouldn't be so fun.
Depends.  What'd you threaten him for?  If it was for dissapearing on us for weeks at a time, then it's all good.  ;D
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Taltos
Sorcerer

Post by Taltos »

greymist wrote:I've given Fel death threats before and have never been called down for it, why don't you pick on me damn it, I want to be picked on!  :(

*pick*
;D ;D
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

taltos wrote:
*pick*
;D ;D
oooh. Taltos, he's gonna get you now :P
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

hearly wrote:
oooh. Taltos, he's gonna get you now :P

SHE
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

mommydoom wrote:

SHE

heh, ops, Sorry Greymist didn't know you were female