Hey Fel Something With Chapter 13...

Hearly
Speed Racer!

Hey Fel Something With Chapter 13...

Post by Hearly »

Ok, Reading the chapter a few times, Because Tarrin isn't native of the world, wouldn't He himself be a "weapon" he could use against the Demon Lord?  I mean even his Dragon form isn't native so couldn't he just land on him, and kill him by flatening him to a pancake
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Hey Fel Something With Chapter 13...

Post by Lochar »

The problem with that is getting close enough to do so.  If he does while he is not a native, then the Demon Lord has his full powers.  If he tries it when they bring the Weave to Pyrosia, it is in effect changing part of Pyrosia to Sennadar, and he IS a native of Sennadar.  While inside the Weave, most of his magical abilities would be nullified and he'd have to rely on divine abilities, which means no dragon.

There's a mind twister for ya.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

lochar wrote:The problem with that is getting close enough to do so.  If he does while he is not a native, then the Demon Lord has his full powers.  If he tries it when they bring the Weave to Pyrosia, it is in effect changing part of Pyrosia to Sennadar, and he IS a native of Sennadar.  While inside the Weave, most of his magical abilities would be nullified and he'd have to rely on divine abilities, which means no dragon.

There's a mind twister for ya.

If he brought part of sennadar to Pyrosia, (and it didn't weaken him too much) couldn't he kill the demon lord the same way he killed him when he was doing Spyders Job?
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

When he killed that one he removed all magical poewers from the area using druidic magic, it was also only 1v1
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

greymist wrote:When he killed that one he removed all magical poewers from the area using druidic magic, it was also only 1v1
Yes but if he brought part of Sennadar to Pyrosia, wouldn't he also bring the "all" with it? allowing him to cut him off of all his power?
Forbidder
Sorcerer

Post by Forbidder »

Hmmm but without the weave/all of sennadar, the demon lord has powers, so the demons/demonlord has some kind of channel through pyrosia to access magic.  how is bringing the weave/all from another place going to cut off access to their powers?

From what I had read, I got the idea that Tarrin was going to bring the weave over and set up a containment field, which would confine the majority of demons and any new demon the demon lord calls into the area enclosed by the containment field.  They demons will still have their magic/powers, but after wiping out the demons outside the field, these people can slowly work their way in and kill off the demons inside the field.  And the whole deal with the gods was that they needed protection from the demons while within this containment field because they needed to be in touch of the weave to maintain the field.

I don't know why, but there is probably a reason Tarrin doesn't make the area with the weave extra large, and put the containment field within that area so they could stand on the edge and be in the weave and still maintain the containment field so they are not inside the containment.  But perhaps they have to be at the center of the containment field for it to work right?  Who knows.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Bringing the weave into pyrosia is going to supersead any other access routes magical power has, it will have to go through the weave, it's altering that part of the pyrosian universe signifficanltly.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

You know as I was going to bed last night, I was thinking.. Is tarrin a WereCat anymore? Before you do knee jerk reaction and say yes he is.. Think about this, He can Transform into a Dragon at will, he probably can take any other form he wants, but to do this, he becomes pure fire first. Then he becomes Pure Fire again to go back to his werecat form...

Wouldn't his "true" form be the Fire? And if it is, He's not "mortal" already (well Mortal for a werecat...)
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

Wouldn't the demon lord himself be at a disadvantage of another sort in the Sennadar-ish area? He's built this form, presumably, for Pyrosia, not Sennadar.  And if Tarrin is dangerous just because he's not native, then everyone who came with him would be too. . .
Last edited by Wildcat on Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
ez

Post by ez »

ok well,

i think what was meant by native of that world was more like natrul (maybe mortal plane would be a better way to say it) think about it the demon lord are not from sennadar or from pyrosia and these to place though worlds apart (lol could not help it) have some same things.
if you follow your way of thinking neather off the 2 races would of had any trouble with the demons as they would all be able to kill them, so you have to assume that if they cant its not just a planet thing its more like a dimention thing
onto the weave:
i sort off understood from it that it depends on the sort off weave i.e directional destruction would play from the caster and area would play around
addmitedly this is all assumption but again it come down to logic we can not assum that all the demond would come iat terren in a straght line would just be silly there going to try to swarm him and its not much of a swarm if they all attack from lets say the north
i sort off agree with lochar that his magic would be lsot but not totaly, in this chapter we are lead to beleave that it maybe possable to use the all,  which means drude magic

but hay i dont know anything and if i did i would never tell - lol - lesss the price was right

hay fel ty anyway this is great but get back to subjugation make use wait - lol i really need to work on making freinds not enemys
Forbidder
Sorcerer

Post by Forbidder »

oooh I've been having the subjagation shakes again. :-P  any clue what we're gonna seem more of next?  Atleast tell us which one you feel like working on, so we can focus our addictive habits towards that end.  It would suck if I was dying for some Firestaff and you hand us some Subjagation and vice versa.

[spasms slightly from minor withdrawal]

oh no here it comes....
ez

Post by ez »

lol aint that the truth well no i love it adds a nice surprise - lol
i just cant make up my mind most days sub is the koolest greatest book ever (creeping is of if its done by me) then other days i want fire its more then a mood thing most days i like the complex inner struggle other days i want the wrighter to lay  it all out for me basic
some days i like stories that struggle with issues other days i want blood and mayhem
so which is you fav?

(small note: while i was rigthing this i had a thing (lol - cant think off the word and if i did i could not spellit so thing willdo or idea if you like maybe just nothing at all but i am  trying to think off that darn word so am wasting time nope i cant get it)
well we realise terrin is part god was god is not god anymore can do god like things. well i think you get were i am going with that so next point
fel is studying to be a doc (read someplace) - and they say docs have a god like dispostion hmmm studies to be doc
as a doc or trainie doc fel has to deal with the burecrutes inside i hospital enviroment would that not be in line with jakes situation hmmm i wonder
naaaa well maybe umm wonder if he right about terrin when hes a had a terrinable day and wrights about jay when his bosses act all domm with him   lol