Spy/karate novels?

Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Spy/karate novels?

Post by Mark_Reed »

Does anyone know of any good stories involving a character that knows some form of martial arts? S/He doesn't have to use it constantly, I'm just looking for something with at least a *litte* martial arts in it.

Story can be online or offline. Any help would be appreciated. Perferably within 2 hours of this posting so I can check with the library or on the internet before my computer time is up today. ;) Thanks!
MattD

Re: Spy/karate novels?

Post by MattD »

See if you can find "My Name Is Legion" by Roger Zelazny at your library.

matt
kenposey
Talent

Post by kenposey »

Try reading The destroyer series. There are 133 books in it so far. The first 70 to 80 books were written by Richard Sapir and Warren Murphy but Sapir died and Murphy is the only author named after that. First book in the series is called Created the Destroyer. Remember this is a long series and it started in the early 70's. There is another series called Rogue Agent by Drake. This one takes place in the early 80's. The best spy novels are by Ludlum. the Bourne series are great.
SenMasi
Talent

Post by SenMasi »

You should really try Arties stories. They are on ASSTR.  All are really good, but in "Hand" the main character is a martial artist and as someone who has dabbled a bit myself, he seems to know what he is talking about. There is lots of reading in his site, and I have yet to read bad Artie story.
Gath

http://www.asstr.org/~artie/hand.html
Life is a bitch and then you die ;)
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

You should really try Arties stories. They are on ASSTR.  All are really good, but in "Hand" the main character is a martial artist and as someone who has dabbled a bit myself, he seems to know what he is talking about. There is lots of reading in his site, and I have yet to read bad Artie story.
Gath
Truly! Artie's great. "Growing Up With Beth" was one of the most influential stories I have yet to read (the other one being Tim the Teenage MC, although that strikes completely different cords).

Oh, in case anybody loosely follows Artie but hasn't checked in a while, he completed "Hidden Images" a couple months back. That's a good story too.

MattD and kenposey, thank you both very much. I will definitely look into everything you've mentioned.

Oh, and whomever it was that recommended Sabrial (and sequels) by Garth Nix, thanks to you as well. I'm currently in the middle of it and am really having a good time.
Sancria
Da'Shar

Post by Sancria »

Hmm..

Helm by Steven Gould is has Aikido in it.  It got me interested enough in Aikido to get my black belt in it.

Lots of pain and lots of sweat, but worth the effort :)
I'd gladly travel back in time, except I would have to wait longer for the next chapter of Fel's work...sorry, pass.