Thor's Child - Chapter 8

Stories written by people other than Fel, set in Fel's universes.

Moderator: Contributing Authors

gesit
Sui'Kun

Re: Thor's Child - Chapter 8

Post by gesit »

Just take good care m8
your health is more important than writing another chapter!!
wish you all the best,
cheers

ham
Finn
Initiate

Post by Finn »

Hods_Sorrow wrote:No offense but its one thing that is constant irritant to me when authors decide to completely rewrite thier works before they finish them, I can only hope this will only happen once since i really enjoy this story
Welcome to real life. The editing process can cause complete rewrites of major sections all the way up til publishing. You're already getting a deal in reading the story before it's complete.
Hods_Sorrow
Talent

Post by Hods_Sorrow »

Finn wrote:
Hods_Sorrow wrote:No offense but its one thing that is constant irritant to me when authors decide to completely rewrite thier works before they finish them, I can only hope this will only happen once since i really enjoy this story
Welcome to real life. The editing process can cause complete rewrites of major sections all the way up til publishing. You're already getting a deal in reading the story before it's complete.
Actually I'd rather just wait and read the completed story. I understand about the editing what I meant was how some online authors post something like 20 or 30 chapters and then decide to completely change the story, sometimes its like pretty much just a new story and the old one is just eternally unfinished.
Finn
Initiate

Post by Finn »

Hods_Sorrow wrote:Actually I'd rather just wait and read the completed story. I understand about the editing what I meant was how some online authors post something like 20 or 30 chapters and then decide to completely change the story, sometimes its like pretty much just a new story and the old one is just eternally unfinished.
Then wait =) It'll be completed at some point, I'm sure.

It's not really up to you as to how the story is written, we can only appreciate the work put in without putting them down for actually working to make it better.

Also, anyone who starts a sentence with 'No offense, but...' usually means anything 'but...'
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

I think I 'miswrote' and you misunderstood. The basic plot and characters are IDENTICAL and I'm convinced that the story is BETTER - or I wouldn't have done a thing. There are minor changes made in the story, but they are just that, minor. As an example, two names are changed because my editors kept mispronouncing or confusing them - 'Olle' became 'Ollie' - which is the same pronunciation of the same name, just a different spelling. And 'Sammy' became 'Sami' - which is a change from a normally male specific name to a female specific name. (Actually there is another reason for one of the name changes, but that portion of the story hasn't appeared as yet.) (Actually, Finn might understand the reason for the name change now. - and Finn, shhhhhh, it's a secret!)

In fact, you won't even have to reread the first eight chapters if you don't want to, but I hope you do because I believe there is a general improvement, but if you don't want to, don't bother.

More importantly to me though, I had hit a spot where the first person singular viewpoint made writing the plot difficult - and I'm writing this thing for fun, not for gain of any kind.

(Now please excuse me, while I go back to writing)
KP
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Bigwind
Initiate

Post by Bigwind »

I'm writing this thing for fun, not for gain of any kind.
You write exactly how you wish. If you want to do a re-write, go ahead. The only thing that should concern us the readers is to say thanks and how much we enjoyed it whenever a new chapter comes out (and to say "its it ready yet" ad nausium (if that is how you spell it)!).

So, all I will say is thanks very much and I love the story!

Is it ready yet!!!!!! :wink:
I'm not completely mad, there are bits missing!
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Bigwind wrote:Is it ready yet!!!!!! :wink:
Yeah, it is.
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
samuelmichaels
Sorcerer

Post by samuelmichaels »

GBLW wrote: ...'Sammy' became 'Sami' - which is a change from a normally male specific name to a female specific name. (Actually there is another reason for one of the name changes, but that portion of the story hasn't appeared as yet.) (Actually, Finn might understand the reason for the name change now. - and Finn, shhhhhh, it's a secret!)
Hmm, would it have anything to do with the fact that, according to Wikipedia,
Another term for Sámi used locally in Hedmark, Trøndelag and Northern Norway is Finn
?
Florida Friends wiki: http://floridafriends.wikia.com
Do-over stories: http://do-over.wikifoundry.com/
Spearfish Lake Tales wiki: http://spearfishlaketaleswiki.com