I don't do this often, but...

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fel
Weavespinner

I don't do this often, but...

Post by Fel »

Okay, that postcard of Angel Falls was just awesome. Thank you for sending it!

There are several I wish I could scan and show you guys, but I don't have a scanner. I avoid that evil modern technological stuff.

And just because I've never called out a particular postcard before, don't let it depress you. I've really got some GOOD ones, and I've had my share of giggles and appreciative moments, particularly the ones from the Netherlands. It's just that this particular postcard is on the good side of awesome. It's a panorama picture of the falls, from the top to the bottom, as well as it's surrounding terrain.

Thanks guys for not just sending them, but continuing to send them. I do truly appreciate it.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: I don't do this often, but...

Post by Mizriath »

Now you give me reason to start sending funny postcards as my appreciations for your writing.

The least I could do is hunt for funny and interesting postcards around Singapore where I am.

Thanks Fel for the writings.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Now I'm feeling bad for being slack and keep forgetting to pick up one of the numerous postcards in the shops next to work.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Now that I'm back in the UK I'm thinking I will have to pick up a card from every country I holiday in and send 'em to Fel.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Greymist wrote:Now that I'm back in the UK I'm thinking I will have to pick up a card from every country I holiday in and send 'em to Fel.
Oh hell yes.

The more different countries the better. I certainly don't turn down multiples from the same country (it makes my collection look large and impressive, and I love the variety of the different scenes), but it's getting ones from different countries that it's all about.

On a side note, i still haven't decided what to write next. I haven't even started anything yet, as I'm focusing a bit on school right now.
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

Fel wrote:On a side note, i still haven't decided what to write next. I haven't even started anything yet, as I'm focusing a bit on school right now.
We aren't the muses, but if we were, a bunch of us would fill your head with stories of tribulation... :twisted:

-DigitalMaestro
kal
Katzh-dashi

Post by kal »

DigitalMaestro wrote:
We aren't the muses, but if we were, a bunch of us would fill your head with stories of tribulation... :twisted:

-DigitalMaestro

/agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigkup
Talent

Post by bigkup »

Have any from Iceland?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

bigkup wrote:Have any from Iceland?
None I can think of at the moment, which means odds are good I don't.
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

any from Israel ?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

gnume wrote:any from Israel ?
Nope. I have several from Egypt, though, given to me by my grandmother after she went on a vacation there to see the pyramids...which was what more or less started me collecting postcards.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

How about from a different planet Fel, like Berkley California? :lol:

btw I'm going on vacation in June so speak up if you need one from Mt Hood, Astoria, Mt. St. Helens, Mt.Ranier, Seattle, Portland, Yellowstone or the Badlands of South Dakota.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

boballab wrote:How about from a different planet Fel, like Berkley California? :lol:

btw I'm going on vacation in June so speak up if you need one from Mt Hood, Astoria, Mt. St. Helens, Mt.Ranier, Seattle, Portland, Yellowstone or the Badlands of South Dakota.
I have one from SD with a picture of the Black Hills on it, but no to everything else.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

I'd pay good money if somebody could find me a postcard to send Fel that has "Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!?" on it. :D
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

michaelsuave wrote:I'd pay good money if somebody could find me a postcard to send Fel that has "Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!?" on it. :D

http://moo.com