Automatic image duplicate remover?

Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Automatic image duplicate remover?

Post by Weresmilodon »

Does anyone know of an automatic image duplicate remover? I'm getting really fed up with a particular 33 GB folder of almost 700 000 images, of which maybe 550-600 k are duplicates, and sorting through them myself, even with a duplicate finder is a nightmare. I'd rather just run a program sorting it out itself.

Bonus if it can have prioritized folders where it only removes files if there is a better duplicate.
Prefer that it does not remove or change the current folder structure.

VisiPics can handle everything else.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: Automatic image duplicate remover?

Post by Spec8472 »

Did you want the comparison to be solely a hash of the file, or did you want it to be a comparison of the actual image content?

The difference being that if the file had been altered (resized, captioned, etc) or re-compressed then the hashes won't be the same.
However analysing the actual image content can find duplicates if the image had been altered slightly.

Doing it with just hashes is/shoould be really simple - probably even with a batchfile.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

The image content, if possible. The quality is very inconsistent. Even then, another type of comparing software could at least cut down the number into one easier to handle...
arargh
Katzh-dashi

Post by arargh »

I use http://www.uniquefiler.com/ Version 1.4. I didn't like the way the new version looked.

I use it mostly to find the visual duplicates, but not delete them. If you want to use it to actually delete them, you probably need to register & pay for it. Otherwise, it is a free download.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Thanks, bit is seems to be one more comparer that let's you pick and choose what to keep and delete. I use http://www.visipics.info for that, and I like it enough that I doubt I’ll ever change...