Sea Kittens?

boballab
Sui'Kun

Sea Kittens?

Post by boballab »

This has been brought to us by the village idiots at Peta: They want to change the general species name of fish to sea kittens.
http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
expedient
Mi'Shara

Re: Sea Kittens?

Post by expedient »

Had to check to see if it was April 1st.

It makes me wonder if land kittens are just as tasty and nutritious. I saw some for sale once in a chinese market but haven’t eaten any. Anyone here had some?

Hmm, Jessica and Jesmind love seafood and are cats I somehow think they might object to the comparison...
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

expedient wrote:Had to check to see if it was April 1st.
Same here.
expedient wrote:It makes me wonder if land kittens are just as tasty and nutritious. I saw some for sale once in a chinese market but haven’t eaten any. Anyone here had some?
I've heard it tastes somewhat like chicken. Which is pretty much what any 'unknown' non-red-meat tastes like.

Also, does that make feeding sea kittens to kittens canabalism?
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

I'd hardly trust anything which PETA says. In spite of their claims to care for animals, they prefer publicity.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... DC9BK1.DTL

http://www.newsweek.com/id/134549
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

It makes me wonder if land kittens are just as tasty and nutritious. I saw some for sale once in a chinese market but haven’t eaten any. Anyone here had some?

Hmm, Jessica and Jesmind love seafood and are cats I somehow think they might object to the comparison...
If Jessica and Jesmind are cats or related to them its stands that they would probably love seafood. So then they would probably eat or try sea kittens. My question is would that be considered cannibalism on their part? As for PETA I can't really stand them. I perfer People Eating Tasty Animals and the acronym :lol:
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Cougar2k2 wrote:

If Jessica and Jesmind are cats or related to them its stands that they would probably love seafood. So then they would probably eat or try sea kittens. My question is would that be considered cannibalism on their part? As for PETA I can't really stand them. I perfer People Eating Tasty Animals and the acronym :lol:

This article comes to show you , how stupidity isn't a national or time based commodity.Its found everywhere and by everyone.
Notice how tree lovers found a care for the prevention of cruelty to animals, years before anyone founds societies to prevent the cruelty to children.Warped humanitarianism at its very best!

cruelty, prevention of.

cruelty, prevention of. In the 19th cent. many laws were passed in Great Britain and the United States to protect the helpless, especially children, lunatics, and domestic animals, from willful and malicious acts of cruelty. At first, cruelty to animals was deemed criminal only when severe enough to constitute a public nuisance. But in 1822 the British Parliament passed the Martin Act for animal protection, and two years later Richard Martin formed the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The Cruelty to Animals Acts of 1849 and 1854 firmly established protection for animals.
Not until 1884 was the first British law passed to protect children from cruelty. This movement to protect the helpless soon spread throughout Europe and to the United States, where the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was formed (1866) by Henry Bergh in New York City.

The American Humane Association, for the protection of animals and children, was organized in 1877. In the United States, as in Great Britain, protection of children came after that of animals, the first Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children having been formed in New York City in 1875. In all states, parents guilty of bodily cruelty to, or moral corruption of, their children may now be lawfully punished, and the children may be taken from them to become wards of the state (see child abuse). Societies of both types—for the protection of children and of animals—promote better legislation and enforcement, investigate and report alleged cruelties, establish shelters and sometimes (animal) hospitals, and carry on education against cruelty. While most of these societies are private, philanthropic organizations, some receive public funds.

See R. C. McCrea, The Humane Movement (1910, repr. 1969); L. G. Housden, The Prevention of Cruelty to Children (1955); P. P. Hallie, The Paradox of Cruelty (1969); D. Bakan, Slaughter of the Innocents (1971).