Happy Canada Day!

Sancria
Da'Shar

Happy Canada Day!

Post by Sancria »

Woot! 141 years old.

We're the new kids on the block :)
I'd gladly travel back in time, except I would have to wait longer for the next chapter of Fel's work...sorry, pass.
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: Happy Canada Day!

Post by Fel »

Congratulations eh!
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
IdiotPaste
Sorcerer

Post by IdiotPaste »

It's aboot time, Oh Canada.
"Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Yeah, O' Canada.
And it's a lovely day, however there's a small downer here in BC, overnight the gas price just climbed by a little over a dime a US gallon due to the new tax put in place by the provincial government. Sigh :? :(
Since this is a 'carbon tax' I should be happy, I guess, but I'm not. I mean each individual taxpayer was sent a $100.00 check, but that was spent in ten minutes, just buying one tank of gas. So I used that tank of gas up, then sold my old Jeep and used the money from the sale to buy an "electric assisted" bicycle and a raincoat.
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

happy birthday!

let me tell you, that when it come to the commonwealth games ,we Aussies know who our real competition is. :wink:

Though, I am surprised its such a young country, though we cant really say we are much older , having our Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act passed in 1901. Though we still reconzise the Queen as head of state, her role in Australian legal system is vastly different from her role in the English system.I am sure , that pretty true for the Canadians but I am not sure.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Dellstart said:
Though we still reconzise the Queen as head of state, her role in Australian legal system is vastly different from her role in the English system.I am sure , that pretty true for the Canadians but I am not sure.
Well, the Queen is the government's 'figurehead' in Canada as well, but she's quite well respected.

LOL, as an example: when the Commonwealth Games were held here in Vitoria a few years ago and they knew the Queen would attend, they included a special 'waiting room' into the new stadium, it even included a separate 'biffy' so she wouldn't have to stand in line - (Just in case of course!) :lol:
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/