Spirit Walker, chapter 18.

kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Re: Spirit Walker, chapter 18.

Post by kd7mvs »

Like I said, research

I got paid to do research, now back to MythBusters

[yes, a blow-by-blow recounting of my viewing habits as I respond on this thread, now ya know I'm into both WWE Smackdown and Mythbusters]

And on getting spoilt, can't beat the delivery of The Saga of Kit, now can ye?
Barack
Novice

Post by Barack »

Then copy and past the sentence before and after.

Both are good guesses one is completly wrong. The other is closer (in other words the right Book) but still off.
Aightaight
Initiate

Post by Aightaight »

That quote puts me in mind of Jason in Subjugation too.

Not sure why - maybe it's because Tarrin very rarely got into big fights while in rooms with floors & ceilings. And when he did, the ceilings and walls had a tendency to get blown apart :evil:
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

It sounds to me like a younger Tarrin, I'd say it's in the fight with the demon for the book of ages.
giddiani
Initiate

Post by giddiani »

Subjugation Chapter Two
If she did that to curry his favor, well, it worked.
Then came the dizziness. The ceiling traded places with the floor, and he felt himself sway dangerously. She slid her hands down to his shoulders and steadied him, and his grip on her arms gave him a foundation on which to cling while the earth seemed to bounce around wildly.
Jyslin had just finished inserting the knowledge of Fey into Jason's mind. (Along with a racy picture of herself in combat boots)
giddiani
Initiate

Post by giddiani »

Here's a better one for ya:
But if he made it or not, he had no idea. His consciousness lost its footing, and he felt himself spiralling into a vast prison of black emptiness, and he knew no more.

He had been defeated.
Barack
Novice

Post by Barack »

We have a winner.
I also accept your challeng.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

giddiani wrote:Here's a better one for ya:
But if he made it or not, he had no idea. His consciousness lost its footing, and he felt himself spiralling into a vast prison of black emptiness, and he knew no more.

He had been defeated.
Too lazy to go dig it out of the book.

Julia collaring Tarrin.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
giddiani
Initiate

Post by giddiani »

Lochar wrote:

Julia collaring Tarrin.

Aaah, aah, ahh... :lol: you broke the rules. I shall have to submit your name to Fel for flogging.
By the way you got your facts wrong...close but no cookie.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Sorry guys, but I'm not interested in chasing quotations taken 'out of context.' But perhaps that's because I've just spent every spare moment for the last month and a half researching the historical background of a specific area so I can base my next Science Fiction story there. Yes, I do write Science Fiction, but I use actual geography for my background and in this case, I've been trying to do research of a very specific area as it existed almost 10,000 years ago. I'm actually astounded at how much information I've been able to obtain from research done by various universities. I was expecting to have to 'fly by the seat of my britches,' but I now have a tremendous amount of info to use.

Sometimes research is actually enjoyable!
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
FinalChapter
Sorcerer

Post by FinalChapter »

Lochar wrote:
giddiani wrote:Here's a better one for ya:

He had been defeated.

Julia collaring Tarrin.
Lochar was right:

"With a strangled cry, his claws snapped out and he lurched at that pretty face, a face etched in stone as it calmly watched the Were-cat struggle against the magic trying to wrest control of his mind.
He had been defeated.

Jula swallowed, putting a hand to the pit of her stomach."
FinalChapter
Sorcerer

Post by FinalChapter »

Here is a harder one.

"They did not charge forward. They just stared at him. It was then that he felt it, and saw it on their faces. Despair."
giddiani
Initiate

Post by giddiani »

FinalChapter wrote:
Lochar wrote:Julia collaring Tarrin.
Lochar was right:

"With a strangled cry, his claws snapped out and he lurched at that pretty face, a face etched in stone as it calmly watched the Were-cat struggle against the magic trying to wrest control of his mind.
He had been defeated.

Jula swallowed, putting a hand to the pit of her stomach."
FinalChapter, you will notice that Lochar misnamed the character it's Jula as you noted, not Julia. :-P

Demons Bane chapter 8

Tarrin snapped out his wings and held the Firestaff like a weapon, and was already in the act of weaving a spell of Sorcery that would blast them all out of his vicinity…but they did not move. They just looked at him. They turned from where they were sitting and standing, and they just looked. They did not rise up and draw weapons. They did not charge forward. They just stared at him.

It was then that he felt it, and saw it on their faces.

Despair.

They did not rise up to attack because they did not have the heart to do so. They were in despair because the One was in despair, and their sorrow was an apathy that even prevented them from rising up to attack their most hated adversary, the one that had dealt their god a stinging defeat on Pyrosia.
giddiani
Initiate

Post by giddiani »

He had killed helpless men and women, killed people trying to run away from him, people that had never been a threat to him.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Tarrin coming out of his first real rage, where he destroyed the temple of Karas. Remenicing, mainly on the maid that was the first to die. And all the others.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com