Where does everyone live, geographically?

Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Where does everyone live, geographically?

Post by Mizriath »

Journeywoman wrote:
Greymist wrote:Hamilton, New Zealand
Mizriath wrote:
Spec8472 wrote: It's a very nice place, from the little bit I saw :) Just a tad to humid for my liking though... but those botanic gardens and the orchid gardens are great :)
Yeah, a very humd and sweaty place to be in the sun :lol: . Good for plants and all "plant" like creatures. But now it is kinda covered in "fog" like haze. The sun is hardly there. I stopped smoking but it is like now it is natural smoking. :cry: for everyone here.
All these people from these places a used to live :D , now all I need is a Samoan and I'll have all the places I've lived for more than a year covered :P !

I liked Singapore. Don't really remember much smog but then again I lived there like 13 years ago and was young at the time. Do remember it being a very green place and had a lot of peculiarities. The $500 fine for not flushing the toilet always got me. We joked that there must be toilet police or something :lol: !
Hey, I just realise... on the "QUOTE" thingy. I am just a bit slow on the uptake. Must be cos Singaporeans are careful... peeing wrongly.. Fine $500. Spitting... $25. Parking indiscriminately.... $60. Forgetting to insert cards in car....$70. Littering...$50. Littering CHEWING GUM... $500. OMG.. the list go on.. but Chewing gum top it all to me.

Well I like living in Singapore anyway... cos its a FINE city. Cos when the current government, PAP, is in power. Its Pay And Pay.

Well its better than the opposition, SDP.. where it is Sure Dont Pay. Well the other opposition party is WP and the people will say Why Pay. Political Party in Singapore is about Pay.

Its a lovely city with all the Pay and Fine... I cannot imagine myself anywhere anyway. It amuses me to see the characters in play.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Insert cards in car? I'm a little confused about that one. Could you explain it for all the Self-Absorbed Americans on the thread that don't realize there's a wider world out there? :twisted:
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fiferguy wrote:Insert cards in car? I'm a little confused about that one. Could you explain it for all the Self-Absorbed Americans on the thread that don't realize there's a wider world out there? :twisted:
To drive through certain parts of Singapore, there's a user-pay system of electronic traffic tolls.

In each car, there's a transponder type system, which needs a card (I think it's a credit card) inserted into it, for it to work (and charge the user).
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Ah, so it's a little like PikePass. PikePass is a prepaid Toll Road thing that lets you get through faster than the cash lines. I understand now. I really must get to Asia at some point. I've been to Europe, Africa, and South America, but never Asia...Sounds like an educational thing.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fiferguy wrote:Ah, so it's a little like PikePass. PikePass is a prepaid Toll Road thing that lets you get through faster than the cash lines. I understand now. I really must get to Asia at some point. I've been to Europe, Africa, and South America, but never Asia...Sounds like an educational thing.
Oh yeah, educational is one word for it...

I was speaking to a bunch of young (18/19) Aussie guys when I was in Berlin... They flew from Australia to Vietnam, first time overseas - they were talking about getting moped races around the crazy Vietnamese traffic, drinking very cheap beers, and eating... uhm... "exotic" things (certain parts of the male anatomy, shall we say).

They had fun though -- despite the risk to life, limb, and continued wellbeing. :)

Asia is a lot closer for me, so probably easier for me to get to (well, mostly - it's still an 8hr flight to Singapore) - but I haven't had a chance to explore much yet. Soon, though, soon! :)
tyx2
Novice

Post by tyx2 »

Oxford-England
had to read every one else's post to find out how many other brits are here well that was intresting,
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Spec8472 wrote:
I was speaking to a bunch of young (18/19) Aussie guys when I was in Berlin... They flew from Australia to Vietnam, first time overseas - they were talking about getting moped races around the crazy Vietnamese traffic, drinking very cheap beers, and eating... uhm... "exotic" things (certain parts of the male anatomy, shall we say).

They had fun though -- despite the risk to life, limb, and continued wellbeing. :)
Oh my.... people in Asia do eat almost every part of ANIMAL anatomy.. from monkey's brain, chicken skin, duck's tongue, all the parts in the body, liver , heart, stomach ++++.... I never had the stomach for some of it... they eat it ugh... supposedly to strengthen some MALE anatomy parts. That is never scientifically provenon Earth. Elsewhere .. well...... Sennadar perhaps.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
matrix
Novice

Post by matrix »

Cape Town South Africa
Call me Matrix ,Enzo Matrix.
the_scot
Sorcerer

Post by the_scot »

The base of Lookout Mountain in NE Alabama
Drivr
Novice

Post by Drivr »

New Hampshire
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

South Central Iowa. So far out in the country it's not even worth knowing which city. If the bad guys want to shoot at us, I'll still be around because the only thing to shoot at is cows and corn. I guess soybeans and a few big pig farms.

Lapland - Where Iowa laps over Missouri
Peter_Koopman
Initiate

Post by Peter_Koopman »

Greetings from Meppel in the Netherlands. :D
Attachments
Peter en Roelinde.kmz.zip
Our location in Google Earth
(572 Bytes) Downloaded 668 times
"Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."
Balthazar
Talent

Post by Balthazar »

Hampton, VA
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Peter_Koopman wrote:Greetings from Meppel in the Netherlands. :D
You don't need to zip a KMZ file... it's already zipped. :P

Edit: Oh, right... KMZ isn't permitted. heh
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Don't you just love it when a SysAdm forgets his system? :wink: