Jason to form his own Noble House?

Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Jason to form his own Noble House?

Post by Mizriath »

Sangoma wrote:So the Kimdori just sat around on their home planet without a care in the world, until the Faey came about and then all of a sudden they decide, "Hey lets go bother those blueskins"? If so then, why didn't the Faey make them join the imperium? despite their cool form changing abilities, it'd be really easy to threaten thier homeworld, how did they stay independant? and why? and how many other empires have tried to subjugate THEM?
I believe being 10,000 years of space faring, my bet is that Kimdori has been flying in space collecting information on their own before the Faey met them. The Faey never even get to the Kimdori homeworld... outside of the Imperium. That is why it is not common to see Kimdori. (PS they are shapeshifters)

The Faey could have even gone to their homeworld but all they see are some non-intelligent beings occupying that planet.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

Fel wrote:Well, that's rather simple. No one ever got close enough to their home system to realize they were there, and the Kimdori didn't really care to make the first move. Only when they felt it was in their best interest to put a hand in with their less civilized, more impulsive neighbors did they leave their home and start snooping.
Well, Fel does not specifically say that ANY race actually found their homeworld. I find myself re-reading Fel's posts very carefully nowadays as he drops hints with what he Doesn't say, as much as with what he does. My interpretation of the above quote is that no one may actually have found their homeworld, that it might be pretty well outside the Imperium, but there were some species that were starting to get close enough for the Kimdori to believe that they should start getting involved. I am willing to bet that while the Kimdori hadn't left their homeworld, they were still monitoring the activities of their "less civilized" neighbors so action could be taken at an appropriate time.

Fel, you've Really got my interest piqued now, and I can't Wait to read the next chapters.

-Miraborn
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

miraborn wrote:
Fel, you've Really got my interest piqued now, and I can't Wait to read the next chapters.

-Miraborn
Hey, Mira.

Whether he drop hints or not, I always cannot wait for his next chapters. But for sure, the Kimdoris has always piqued my interest. They are the unknown quantity outside the Imperium but in the Imperium.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

I think, Jason has just become the first new member of the long dead house Karinne when he put on the Getsalt. Anywhere he goes within the Imperium with the getsalt on, peolpe will recognize a Kiranne.

cyberia
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

I agree that it would be recognised as a sign of being a Karinne. But what will the Imperium do.

Remember that the KArinne was hunted and persecuted. Fear of their power and telepathy.

I believe Jason will stay in KAris until something else happen. He cannot claim a noble birth right without the Empress recognising it.

A minor house at the most.
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

it is not for the empress or the other Faey to recognize him as a Kiranne. He is a Kiranne because of his genes.. and oly one other known person can claim that right. The Getsalt can only be worn by the Kiranne. and like it or not, Jason is one. Well u can say it's a slap in the face of all people who dont/willnot recognize the house Kiranne. House kiranne has once agin become an active house, even if they are finished with the project. I think the house Kiranne will expand like all the other house. i.e. through marriage / political assylum etc. I see Jys as one of the First KArinne Nobles of this generation.

cyberia
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

aberia wrote:I see Jys as one of the First KArinne Nobles of this generation.

cyberia
Remember, males marrying outside their house didn't bring their wives in, it put the males into the house of their wives.

Which probably doesn't count, since Jyslin was a commoner anyways.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Danl
Novice

Post by Danl »

Jason may not be able to but Myleena Merrane might be able to and when she adopts Jason as her brother... Could this be another facet of his sister with a sword shielding him?
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Danl wrote:Jason may not be able to but Myleena Merrane might be able to and when she adopts Jason as her brother... Could this be another facet of his sister with a sword shielding him?
She is a merrane, not a kerinne, she has a karinne heritage but is of house merrane. If she adopted jason, which she probably couldn't to an adult, then he would be a very low level merrane and that would also put him under the direct control of the empress and her house (read as not a good thing*). Basically, Jason is the only real Karinne out in the open, but he hasn't broadcast the return of his house yet. We really need to wait until the end of today when Fel publishes his chapter 18 (partial) christmas gift. I believe that will give us a little better light of understanding.

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Well, we all know Jason forming the house Karinne is but a foregone conclusion. He needs to set up the House of Karinne it to claim Earth, the first Faey on Earth.

The question and the story is how he is going to do it and the excitement that leads to it. The plot thickens. Trillane will object for sure saying he does not have enough resources, money.

Well, Miaari mention that there is money in Moridon. Not specifically Jasons. so it must be Karinnes' money. Once he is ackowledged as the Grand Duke, he will be able to touch it.
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

Well chapter Nineteen answers all questions about this thread.

cyberia
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

michaelsuave wrote:
Danl wrote:Jason may not be able to but Myleena Merrane might be able to and when she adopts Jason as her brother... Could this be another facet of his sister with a sword shielding him?
She is a merrane, not a kerinne, she has a karinne heritage but is of house merrane. If she adopted jason, which she probably couldn't to an adult, then he would be a very low level merrane and that would also put him under the direct control of the empress and her house (read as not a good thing*). Basically, Jason is the only real Karinne out in the open, but he hasn't broadcast the return of his house yet. We really need to wait until the end of today when Fel publishes his chapter 18 (partial) christmas gift. I believe that will give us a little better light of understanding.

~Michael
Everyone keeps missing the Bull's-eye here ......She is a merrane, but also karinne.....

What happens if she Formally Recognizes and/or Introduces Jason as the Grand Duke of the karinne to the Siann, the ranks of the noble rulers at the Council (used correctly this time) on Draconis?

Would the Empress also then have to Recognize his Right as well?

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

aberia wrote:Well chapter Nineteen answers all questions about this thread.

cyberia
we have yet to see the end of 18 yet ...

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

Phantom wrote:
aberia wrote:Well chapter Nineteen answers all questions about this thread.

cyberia
we have yet to see the end of 18 yet ...

Phantom
sorry that 18. my bad.

cyberia
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Mizriath wrote:Well, we all know Jason forming the house Karinne is but a foregone conclusion. He needs to set up the House of Karinne it to claim Earth, the first Faey on Earth.

The question and the story is how he is going to do it and the excitement that leads to it. The plot thickens. Trillane will object for sure saying he does not have enough resources, money.

Well, Miaari mention that there is money in Moridon. Not specifically Jasons. so it must be Karinnes' money. Once he is ackowledged as the Grand Duke, he will be able to touch it.
Actualy she doesn't say anything about any other money
The Empress will expect the same from you she expects from Trillane, and unlike Trillane, you have nothing but your own self and the money you have stored away on Moridon. Understand this before you take that step. Be ready for it.”
But There is a Point Fel kept repeating over and over here
Karinne technology was much different from Faey technology . If you are to repair them, you must understand this.
Think of it Fel kept telling us over and over
the Karinnes had mastered the technology and never told the rest of the Imperium. And their mastery of it surpassed even modern standards.
and the one thing Zaa had to make sure of ....
Bringing Zaa to the core was a curious event. She stood there in the large room, surrounded by memory units, staring at the huge crystal spire that served as the primary core of the CBIM. She seemed to stop breathing for a moment, putting a hand to her chest, and then the CBIM projected its image out for them, the deceptively nude appearance of the first of the First Generation, of Sora Karinne. The image bowed to Zaa with flowing grace. “Your Majesty. Thank you for assisting us,” Cybi intoned respectfully.
“It is the least we can do for you,” she answered. “I wanted to come down and see you with my own eyes. I wanted to see a CBIM once more.”
Cybi bowed again. “Your visit honors me, your Majesty.”
“I must ask. Was the data of the Academy lost?”
“Everything that the CBIM of the Academy retained exists within my memory, your Majesty. We have lost no data. It was transferred to me at the onset of the attack, intact. The knowledge of the Karinnes is preserved.”
“Thank the gods,” Zaa breathed, patting her chest. “To lose that would have been a tragedy of untold dimensions.”
The knowledge of the Karinnes is now controled by Jason

Knowledge is Power ......And Jason Holds the Key (Or Ring) to that Power now.....Who needs a Bank account.... with that Knowledge Jason maybe be able to Make money quicker then it can be printed.

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born