Subjugation Chapter 16 - Spoilers

Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Re: Subjugation Chapter 16 - Spoilers

Post by Fiferguy »

I wonder though...with some of those big banks, one of two things may happen. #1, either the bank will absorb the account after a certain period of inactivity, or #2, the account will pass down, but you have to know the codes and such. Either one of these things is possible, but I have no clue which one is correct. Maybe the Kimdori will come through with something.

I did have a question. Fel said that the Kimdori are based on virii; does that mean that they can "infect" a host? Not only access their memories through touch but invade the host and use that as a way to spy?
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Fel wrote: not a single comment about Jason being a married man.
Yes, but since Subjugation is not primarily a horror story, we chose to comment on other things.
Jason hiding and fighting against Trillane to Jason trying to escape from his "guest quarters" on Draconis.
It will be interesting how the resistance fares in the mean time, especially without Jason to moderate their excesses.

People's exhibit 'Fel is a better writer than scientist' #1:
The Kimdori are a viral-based species.
Presumably these are 'virii Jim, but not as we know them.' :P

(Few posts later)
Marines may carry an MPAC, but they really don't need to use it. Not when they can dominate the mind of their opposition, then have their new toy turn around and fire on her own allies.
An obvious counter to this would be to build FOF technology into every combat weapon, or use enough weapons fire to distract the marines. Which is presumably why they still carry MPACs.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

(Post meant in Jest)

So, given the revelation that the Kimdori are viral based, does this mean that:
1) They'd get pissed off with you for taking antibiotics? (Killing relatives, etc)

2) You can damage a Kimdori by rubbing them with an agar plate of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penicillin">Penicillin</a> mould culture?
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

Question, Jyslin got a wedding ring that fit her perfectly yet Jason's was to large. Where did his ring come from?

Lago
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

lagomilo wrote:Question, Jyslin got a wedding ring that fit her perfectly yet Jason's was to large. Where did his ring come from?
I'm guessing that they happened to have a store somewhere on Moridon that was selling "exotic" off-world jewlery items... and just happened to have a few rings. Or perhaps rings arn't quite so unique -- there wasn't a description of any sort of engraving or something like that (I was expecting there to be a small Phoenix or Fox/Vulpar motif)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

On a more serious note...

A few more options to throw out there as to what the "great debt" is.

1) Someone in Karinne many thousands of years ago created the Kimdori Virus. (How/Why, I'll leave until later)

2) Someone in Karinne triggered an evolution from a lower-level virus, to a self-aware colony virus.

3) Someone in Karinne freed an "enslaved" Kimdori population (how they would be enslaved... Not certain. Maybe something chemical, plus some sort of programming to stop them adapting).
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

what if they are a biological, good version of borg, the ultimate bonding of telepathic beings, ascending to a higher state using the virri as a medium
.S.A.M.K.M
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Now that we know the Kimdori are virii based, that actually explains their shapechanging ability.

Remember what a virus does in your body. It uses other structures to manage it's duplication. That's what the Kimdori are doing. They're taking actual biological material and infecting it with themselves to make their changes.

Which would be the ultimate torture/killing device. Since we saw Kiaara drawing on the Earth's local flora, I'm going to assume that they draw either based on chlorophyll based life or carbon based life. If it's carbon based, the Kimdori must have to specifically exclude other sentient beings out of their draw. What if they instead specifically attempted to absorb a sentient beings body as change material? You could literally make a body disappear by absorbing it and then expelling the mass from it.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

bacteria, virri, mold fight each other all the time, in a place where virri creatures came from easily come about
.S.A.M.K.M
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Spec8472 wrote:(Post meant in Jest)

So, given the revelation that the Kimdori are viral based, does this mean that:
1) They'd get pissed off with you for taking antibiotics? (Killing relatives, etc)

2) You can damage a Kimdori by rubbing them with an agar plate of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penicillin">Penicillin</a> mould culture?
If I remember right anitbiotics don't effect viruses. You have to use a substance that limits the growth/expansion/divisions of cells to stop a virus. Then the body's own systems can hunt down the modified cells and remove them. Also Viri can go dormant for many years.

Could the virus that Jason picked up on Morridon have been a renegade Kimdori? Or was it something someone created to try and kill off the Kimdori and accidentally caught the Karrienne nobel instead?

J-Man5
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Spec8472 wrote:
lagomilo wrote:Question, Jyslin got a wedding ring that fit her perfectly yet Jason's was to large. Where did his ring come from?
I'm guessing that they happened to have a store somewhere on Moridon that was selling "exotic" off-world jewlery items... and just happened to have a few rings. Or perhaps rings arn't quite so unique -- there wasn't a description of any sort of engraving or something like that (I was expecting there to be a small Phoenix or Fox/Vulpar motif)
(Done Tongue in cheek)

Jason after having his arm regenerated by Faey doctors is now awaiting Trail when he receives a package from Jyslin's Aunt.
It contains only his wedding Ring that he got on Moridon and a Note stating I will wait for you my love. Jason being convicted for various crimes sentenced to spend 50 years in a dark damp cell on draconis. we leap forward many years and find Jason who hasn't seen the light of day since he was placed in this cell huddled in a corner his body sickly looking and twisted from lack of use, his skin looking very pale, his uncut hair turned white hair now and falling out as he is slowly becoming bald, he is wearing only a small loin cloth fashioned out of the rags that were once his clothes. he is holding a wedding ring in his hands as we hear him muttering over and over in the dark precious my precious. subugation we later find out is written by Fel who's last name is really jackson and he has an uncle named peter.

Phantom
Last edited by Phantom on Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Phantom, do you know how hard it is to clean coke off a computer LCD?

I actually think that the Black Ops people are going to help Jason, not hurt him. I mean, she is his sister, and they've already got the sibling squabbling out of the way. :lol:
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Fiferguy wrote:Phantom, do you know how hard it is to clean coke off a computer LCD?

I actually think that the Black Ops people are going to help Jason, not hurt him. I mean, she is his sister, and they've already got the sibling squabbling out of the way. :lol:
Shhhh all That's in the Sequel .

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Phantom wrote:Shhhh all That's in the Sequel
It's not in my [s]sequel[/s] SQL...

Code: Select all

SELECT
 t.* 
FROM 
 Chapters c 
   LEFT JOIN 
 Books b 
   ON b.BookID = c.BookID  
  LEFT JOIN 
 Timeline t 
   ON c.ChapterID = t.ChapterID 
WHERE 
 b.BookTitle = 'Subjugation' AND 
 c.ChapterNumber = '17' AND 
 t.Spoilers=1 
0 Results Returned. :(

(Ahh... SQL Jokes. Fun)
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

That is so very, very, very bad... and I have to know if it's worse that I get it... :twisted: