"Secession-"- your thoughts please

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Re: "Secession-"- your thoughts please

Post by expedient »

CRYUnicornClear wrote:With chapter 3 out we now know Jason intends for the Karmines to suceede from the Imperium. Now the question is: How will he do it? Any ideas?
Abandon Karis.

The Karinnes can jump across the galaxy in real-time when the rest of the sector cannot. With the hyperspace catapult they could potentially leave the galaxy altogether.

It is only the Generations who are are at real risk however and with a few more CBIMs they will be very difficult to defeat. They could even just move where the radiation levels are too high to support most other lifeforms.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

Why not just lock down Karis so tight no one can get within 100 light years. It may take time but he has everything he may need. Including methods to let his friends in. Butmost likely, after hedefeats both invading forces with enough weapons and tech he just unleashes on the fey by destroying all jump gates and putting interdictors in every star system. Let them try to get around it. Especially when the Karines jump inoccationally and harras them. Whose going to try to go up against the one peace loving group who stomped two races of bad guys from another system, and shut down this galaxies biggest threat with relative ease?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

expedient wrote:
CRYUnicornClear wrote:With chapter 3 out we now know Jason intends for the Karmines to suceede from the Imperium. Now the question is: How will he do it? Any ideas?
Abandon Karis.

The Karinnes can jump across the galaxy in real-time when the rest of the sector cannot. With the hyperspace catapult they could potentially leave the galaxy altogether.

It is only the Generations who are are at real risk however and with a few more CBIMs they will be very difficult to defeat. They could even just move where the radiation levels are too high to support most other lifeforms.
There's just one problem with this idea, exp...what happens to Cybi? She can't leave Karis.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

Yeah! You heard him! She can't leave Karis. Yet.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Yet indeed. This is something that you've previously stated is possible.
Unification, Chapter 3, Fel wrote:[If we build everything you need, could you transfer yourself to the hardware of another CBIM?  I mean, if we move your core memory to new hardware, would you be able to make the move?]

She was silent for a surprisingly long time.  [An…intriguing idea,] she noted.  [My core isn’t designed to be moved out of this facility, but it is designed to be mobile, which is why I can withdraw myself into the mantle.  I was the only CBIM built with such a feature, which makes my core more, ah, modular than other CBIM cores were.  I believe that it just might be possible, if my entire core module, the part of me I withdraw into the mantle, is moved as one, I have extensive remote transceivers to maintain connection to my non-core systems during the move, and I do not lose power.  If that can be done, then yes, I believe I could be moved to Karsa without harm.  I’m not sure if such an engineering feat could be accomplished, though.]

[But, if I find a way to do it, would you be amenable to being moved to Karsa and being placed in a more powerful system?  I’m serious, Cybi, I won’t accept another CBIM.  I want you.]

[Your loyalty to me is touching, Jason,] she communed with warmth.  [Yes, I would be willing to try, but not until there is another CBIM online.  I will take no chances that an accident destroys me while I am the last CBIM in operation.]

[Alright then, we build a CBIM in Kosigi first, then we move you to Karsa.  Now, on to the other question, which I believe will make you see how this is possible.  What if I said I wanted a CBIM installed in the Aegis?  Could it be done?]

She was quiet a moment.  [Yes, I see where you’re going, Jason, and I’m impressed,] she answered brightly.  [Yes, the Aegis would have enough power and is big enough to accommodate a CBIM.  You’d have to install another singularity plant just for the CBIM, but a CBIM could definitely be installed in the Aegis.  It could be installed in a battleship as well, a battleship would be able to hold one.  But anything smaller than a battleship would not.]
The Interdictors can be overcome or circumvented. Karis needs more CBIMs hooked up to Generations for a near insurmountable defence or House Karinne needs to become completely mobile. Becoming mobile seems safer, long-term IMO.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

Some sort of super nomad civilization? You never know when or where the hundred thousand strong Karinne fleet will drop out... But what to do with Kosigi? Add jump engines like the Consortium is doing in Trieste?
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Fel wrote:
expedient wrote:
Abandon Karis.
There's just one problem with this idea, exp...what happens to Cybi? She can't leave Karis.
TLGG wrote:Yeah! You heard him! She can't leave Karis. Yet.
Maybe she dosen't need to.

Maybe Jason just needs to find a way to move Karis ? ..... Trade it with another planet some how.....? 8) :lol:

But even so then what About Earth.... leaving Concerns about Cybi aside, what about all the people left on Earth :(
Jason has to think about them as well as everyone on Karis.

And the unanswered Question? Where did the other Lost and missing desendants (and maybe Generations) of the original House Karnines end up ????

I'm begining to see and think that there are still some things Denmother hasn't told Jason yet. :shock:

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

It’s far from simple. Lots of unanswered questions, indeed.
ettoren
Sorcerer

Post by ettoren »

dellstart wrote:It’s far from simple. Lots of unanswered questions, indeed.

Which is one thing I LOVE about Fel's work. Those unanswered Questions typically get answered and yer not left hanging like you are with some other authors.
soarerschild
Talent

Post by soarerschild »

Can the hyperspace catapult also be used against the Syndicate? If the Karinnes capture the one the Consortium has built or build their own, they could use it against the Syndicate fleet. They would have to install an interdictor on whatever planetoid they fire or get an interdictor in the right spot to knock the planetoid out of hyperspace but since the Karinnes know where the Syndicate fleet is that shouldn't be too hard. I think they would like using the Consortium's idea against the Syndicate.