Jason to form his own Noble House?

Astardis
Initiate

Re: Jason to form his own Noble House?

Post by Astardis »

The railgun is using a strong magnetic field to propel a metallic sphere very fast out of the barrel. The 'hell marbles' have a magnet as a core that switches it's magnetic polarisation when hitting a solid object (maybe another magnitic field?) . I am no theorethic physician but I have a bad feeling about using the marbles as ammunition for the railgun.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Astardis wrote:The railgun is using a strong magnetic field to propel a metallic sphere very fast out of the barrel. The 'hell marbles' have a magnet as a core that switches it's magnetic polarisation when hitting a solid object (maybe another magnitic field?) . I am no theorethic physician but I have a bad feeling about using the marbles as ammunition for the railgun.
The marbles had to be held by something to begin with, I'm assuming a magnetic field since that's what was used to corral them afterwards. Shooting the marble would be the same as smacking one end of it with a magnetic field and watching the marble shoot off.

Modify the railgun to have the whole barrel as a magnetic field, so there's only one possible exit path and then you have it moving at a few thousand feet a second in the direction you want.

But like I said, it'd have to be a remote weapon. Ricochet on a weapon like that would literally be murder.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

I still think that rather then dealing with items as small as the beebee's, jason should build an absolutely huge railgun, kind of like a astroid launcher. heck, build a giant hell marble launcher, stealth the sucker and then launch giant hell marbles at battle ships. You can't move out of the way fast enough, and plasma isn't going to do a lot to a solid ball of armor with a giant magnet inside. If jason could build defense platforms around earth that launched these (probably would have to be after he gets put in charge of earth) then I don't think many people would mess with him. Simple, but probably very effective. Even if a magnetic shield were to block it, the force distributed to the shield and the entire ship, that was targeted, would be such that either the shield emitters would blow, or the entire ship would be shook so hard that people would die. I keep thinking about the story "nano virus" by cmsix on storiesonline.net. In that story they figure out how to launch projectiles while in folded space and the force of the projectiles goes through any type of shield. Maybe jason can take his "rail gun to the next level" and use gate technology to make the ultimate railgun?

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

michaelsuave wrote:I still think that rather then dealing with items as small as the beebee's, jason should build an absolutely huge railgun, kind of like a astroid launcher. heck, build a giant hell marble launcher, stealth the sucker and then launch giant hell marbles at battle ships. You can't move out of the way fast enough, and plasma isn't going to do a lot to a solid ball of armor with a giant magnet inside. If jason could build defense platforms around earth that launched these (probably would have to be after he gets put in charge of earth) then I don't think many people would mess with him. Simple, but probably very effective. Even if a magnetic shield were to block it, the force distributed to the shield and the entire ship, that was targeted, would be such that either the shield emitters would blow, or the entire ship would be shook so hard that people would die. I keep thinking about the story "nano virus" by cmsix on storiesonline.net. In that story they figure out how to launch projectiles while in folded space and the force of the projectiles goes through any type of shield. Maybe jason can take his "rail gun to the next level" and use gate technology to make the ultimate railgun?

~Michael 8)

Thats it....... thats the one i was trying to remember

like in Wing Commander .....Jason could Combine a few things
He could build a Few Skipper missles ...only Build them like Claymore Mines ...using Marbles for the Payload.

The Missle's would Skip in and out of Real space taking quick target locks untill it found it's self inside a Faey Ship there it would Explode like a Claymore Firing Marbles outward in all directions .....the Marbles now allready moving very fast would start to do their bounceing thingi ....

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Why not just go and dump a bunch of the itchers near there Noble House on Draconis(sp?) maybe toss some Marbles also in just for kicks...

To me so far he's just struck in the vicinity of Earth, he needs to show that he can attack them anywhere..
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Hearly wrote:Why not just go and dump a bunch of the itchers near there Noble House on Draconis(sp?) maybe toss some Marbles also in just for kicks...

To me so far he's just struck in the vicinity of Earth, he needs to show that he can attack them anywhere..
He goes after Draconis, the response to that may be genocide. He pushed the envelope by taking out Orbital One.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Lochar wrote:
Hearly wrote:Why not just go and dump a bunch of the itchers near there Noble House on Draconis(sp?) maybe toss some Marbles also in just for kicks...

He goes after Draconis, the response to that may be genocide. He pushed the envelope by taking out Orbital One.
I'm not talking about him doing it to everyone on Draconis, but just there Noble house on Draconis..
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

In Jason's anouncement that was sent to the Faey news he specifically stated that this was an area related combat only. I think he is restricting his attacks to our system only and will not go after draconis. I personally agree and think he should go after draconis also, but apparently fel doesn't want to go there. Besides, it would be hard to convince the empress that it wasn't a war against her if he attacked her capital planet, even if it only targeted certain noble houses and their facilities.
~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Hearly wrote:
Lochar wrote:

I'm not talking about him doing it to everyone on Draconis, but just there Noble house on Draconis..

The Problem with doing that is if he does it's gives away the Fact that he's importing his own Materials from them.. and gives away a lot of info on how he is able to obtain them without the Faey figuring it out.

Right now i think they may think hes using stuff he stole or parts he had with him when he fled from them. but if they figure he's getting this from off world ...would it take the Faey long to shut down all of his offworld suppliers?

Remember he doesn't have Jump capable ships so he's using the Stargate to get all of this stuff right now.

I think Attacking any targets out system could and most likely would Hurt his being able to obtain needed Parts and supplys

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Post by codewarrior »

I think a cheaper way to mess with the Faey's minds is just send boxes of regular marbels to random location and just to make the Faey get really worried but a small ocsilatingmotor in the bottom of the container to make some noise. The Faey would freak out and practically shut down and place until they were sure that it was safe and then they would be really pissed to find out that they were just regular marbles. I men he could do that several time in a row just until they get comfortable and then send a box of regular marbles and a few hell marbles. They would for ever be forced to scan every package afterwards which take time and money.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Phantom wrote:
Hearly wrote:
Lochar wrote: He goes after Draconis, the response to that may be genocide. He pushed the envelope by taking out Orbital One.

The Problem with doing that is if he does it's gives away the Fact that he's importing his own Materials from them.. and gives away a lot of info on how he is able to obtain them without the Faey figuring it out.

Right now i think they may think hes using stuff he stole or parts he had with him when he fled from them. but if they figure he's getting this from off world ...would it take the Faey long to shut down all of his offworld suppliers?

Remember he doesn't have Jump capable ships so he's using the Stargate to get all of this stuff right now.

I think Attacking any targets out system could and most likely would Hurt his being able to obtain needed Parts and supplys

Phantom
They already know that he is purchasing supplies. They know he purchased plasma weapons. That is why they are searching for his suppliers, voltech was audited.
~Michael

SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

he could randomly seed areas of space with the marble so thjey target at random ships of house trillane,
.S.A.M.K.M
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

SYED wrote:he could randomly seed areas of space with the marble so thjey target at random ships of house trillane,
The problem with that is that the marbles are not smart marbles. They cannot differntiate between who owns what. They just build up speed and momentum to smash through most anything. As Fel mentioned somewhere on the forum the marbles were too successfull. Funny Yes. What Jason planned No.

Jason can't just cut off all connection to the empire. The Battleships and other military grade ships are most likely to be jump capable. Same with some merchant and house ships.

I think that Jason is: 1) going to be stunned for a while with the effects of the Marbles 2) that he will nearly be caught by a trap setup by the Black Ops Lt., 3) will need to change tactics to a PR campaign to change public opinion. I'm sure Fel will surprise us with the next installment. I hope he does well with his finals and then writes furiously to de-stress.

J-Man5
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel's already said that in the next chapter Trillane is basically going to burn down the reserve trying to smoke him out. So we already know part of the impact. But I think that his "sister" in Black Ops sent to stop him will be a surprise...I don't know if it'll be a good or a bad surprise, but a surprise. At least that's what my gut tells me.

Gut...mmm...beer fries...
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

the after effect of the marbles will be so bad than the sister will warn or give some kind of help to jason, also if they photo or record the activities then they show that trillane is messing up earth
.S.A.M.K.M