New Book

riduan

Re: New Book

Post by riduan »

Robert Jordan!

Whenever I read his book, I tend to skip/browse through the section which focus on female characters. He is pretty lousy in bringin up his female characters. But excellent for the male characters part!

Go Rand!
Go Perrin!
Go Matt!

Go Go Go Ashaman!
Die Die Die Aes Sedai!

:) <- male chauvinist lol!
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

mommydoom wrote:
Yep, that's them. It's the Riftwar Series by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts. Did you read Magician and Magician's Apprentice? They are the first 2 books in the series and set up most of the main characters (Mainly Pug or Milamber as he is called on Kelewan) on the home world. Daughter/Servant of the Empire are set on Kelewan, the invading world, that sends armies through a Rift. The sentient "ants" are called... hmmm... choja. That's it. Choja. I love those books also and really admired Mara for her ingenuity.

MD

Do you think you could list all the book, in the order they should be read? I haven't even heard of the rest of them, so it's about time for me to read them.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
negativecow
Initiate

Post by negativecow »

he has 4 series in tha verse
riftwars
the Empire
serpant wars
rift legacy

but i am sorry to say that i dont know the books names and order
pets: just in case we run out of food
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

Just thought this might help; these authors should be on here:

http://www.scifan.com/

They list by series, author, and title, so do a search for riftwar and it'll get you all the information you need. It's also a good place to check for upcoming books in the SF&F arena.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Thanks! A real useful site, if i can say so myself. It'll be real useful in the future.
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

wildcat wrote:Just thought this might help; these authors should be on here:

http://www.scifan.com/

They list by series, author, and title, so do a search for riftwar and it'll get you all the information you need. It's also a good place to check for upcoming books in the SF&F arena.
Wildcat you are too cool.  Saved me from writing all those down!

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

Thanks. *laughs* I found that site over a year ago on another forum, so I thought I'd return the favor by giving it to people who could really put that engine through a workout.
MISER
Katzh-dashi

Post by MISER »

I was sitting here getting ready to list them in order as well. Ah the joy in it all. The most recent related series here, started with a book called Talon of Silver Hawk. The second or next in this new series is also due out soon. The new series is the Conclave of Shadows series and the new book is due 30 March 04 entitled King of Fox's.

Feist has good works and some other quality Females as well.  So does mercedes Lackey. She has a female weapons master/mistress I am particularly fond of.

I too have on occasion a problem with the strong female character. But the probles is usually with Hollywood's interpretation and presentation of the versus men. I know very few men who are the emasculated, wimpy, pansies that hollywood puts on everything from commercials to primetime. I like reality and balance here and there. Fantasy is great. Lies are lies even if told in character depiction. (whew soap box moment over!)

On second thought re females in entertainment, just to be a male for a moment, lets have more redheads please! There request in and filed.  ;D

Thanks for that new link. That was a site i too had managed to bypass previously.

Have a good one all.

Miser
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John
Taltos
Sorcerer

Post by Taltos »

guardian_mike wrote: Sweden.

The annoying thing with Books translated to Swedish from English, is that they tend to almost double in size. I've got some 16-18 books from Jordan. It gets a bit expensive at that point...
just out of interest guardian_mike: where exactly are you from in sweden?
(it's because i'll spend autumn term in sweden - student exchange )

Taltos
Taltos
Sorcerer

Post by Taltos »

and yes, this was my first posting, although i've been a disciple of fel's for, well  ??? two years now...
always been too lazy to write, i enjoy reading way more..

taltos
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Sundsvall
taltos wrote:and yes, this was my first posting, although i've been a disciple of fel's for, well ??? two years now...
always been too lazy to write, i enjoy reading way more..

taltos
Yeah, i know how that is. This is probably the only board out there that i actually post in, instead of just reading...
Last edited by Weresmilodon on Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

guardian_mike wrote:Yeah, i know how that is. This is probably the only board out there that i actually post in, instead of just reading...
And you've posted quite a bit. LOL

I think I need to read some of these series.  I'm running out of things to read while waiting on Fel.  That's the only thing I hate about reading stories that arn't finished.  I read them faster than the author can write them.  Not a big problem though.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

And i know how that is too. I'm almost always looking for new things to read thanks to that. Cybernetic implants to allow authors to write as fast as they can think wouldn't be so bad...
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

Except then it would be tempting to just breeze right through things. I know the act of writing it down forces me to think about my plots a bit more, and the stories in my head usually confuse anyone I try to tell about them until they get the order of a written form.

Still, I'd certainly try one out! Maybe when they decode the pattern for thoughts, we'll have a new toy.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Yeah, not to mention a tool for spying...

And good authors never post their works without having at least double-checked them... At least as far as i know.