Good Grief

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Good Grief

Post by michaelsuave »

543 posts and 5 years, half of the posts asking when the next chapter will be done...

Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

michaelsuave wrote:543 posts and 5 years, half of the posts asking when the next chapter will be done...

Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...
Not yet... :twisted:
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Lochar wrote:Spec was the one that gave me my avatar as well. Can't quite remember the reason anymore though...
T'was something to do with Christmas, given the christmas hat. I think I still have your old avatar sitting on my old laptop too.

You *can* change your avatar, right? I think I took those rights away for someone at some point, can't remember who/when/why though.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Spec8472 wrote:
Lochar wrote:Spec was the one that gave me my avatar as well. Can't quite remember the reason anymore though...
T'was something to do with Christmas, given the christmas hat. I think I still have your old avatar sitting on my old laptop too.

You *can* change your avatar, right? I think I took those rights away for someone at some point, can't remember who/when/why though.
I think it was me at one point, but I can edit mine now...
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

MommyDoom wrote:Lemme see, for those programmer geeks out there: Which is worse?

1. Trying to figure out someone else's code
2. Trying to figure out someone else's code written from a LOUSY spec
3. Trying to figure out a LOUSY programmer's code written from a LOUSY spec

I'm flowcharting #3 tonight. i'm in hell.

MommyDoom
Omegano wrote:4. Trying to figure out a programmer's code who specializes in a completely different type of code, and tries to make it function like that type, using a LOUSY spec....
(IE, a Networking and Windows programmer trying to make an basic game engine from scratch, using his own takes on how an engine should be built. He made the entire thing function like a cross between Windows code, and a Networking system... The Engine my second year game team made was better, AND made more sense...)
Isengrim wrote: 5. Trying to understanding code that has been modified at least two dozen times by a dozen different people over six years. When all of them were willing to do whatever it took to make the code work, and none of them were programmers. None of them had even heard of code standards. The damn thing is full of statements like "if 1=0", "if username = tim" where "Tim" hasn't been with the company for years, and statements that undo what the previous line did.

Let me present you with:

6. Trying to figure out a just plain incompetent programmer's code, which was developed from a word-of-mouth, and maybe a few dozen emails spec - where the client changed their mind every other day, and the project manager didn't have the cojones to push back on change requests without an appropriate change in budget allocation. ...and the reason I was trying to figure out the code? Because it was crashing, no orders were processing for the customer, and they were getting Very Mad at lost sales.

Gladly, that was a few years ago...

Though, did I mention I'm looking for a new job?
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Spec8472 wrote:

I can, never felt the need to though.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Lochar wrote:
Spec8472 wrote:

I can, never felt the need to though.
I always thought it was your girlfriend or something, Lochar. Guess I was wrong, huh? :twisted:
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Only if it was your daughter, Fifer.

Support my brother.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Lochar wrote:Only if it was your daughter, Fifer.
If I was married and had kids, I might be scared with you and a daughter on the same planet...
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Bah, with the advances in time travel technology these days, I could always just go back in time and be your personal creepy stalker.

Support my brother.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Lochar wrote:Bah, with the advances in time travel technology these days, I could always just go back in time and be your personal creepy stalker.
Been there, done that. Restraining orders do work, you know. And if that doesn't, my .45 does. :twisted:
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

You didn't have a .45 when you were six. And your Dad's was broken, remember?

Support my brother.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Lochar wrote:You didn't have a .45 when you were six. And your Dad's was broken, remember?
LOL... Actually, I did. And both my dad and I were gunsmiths at the time, so there weren't any broken guns at that time. Besides, who said I only had one? :twisted: