Lost & Found

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
arargh
Katzh-dashi

Re: Lost & Found

Post by arargh »

kd7mvs wrote: -snip-
edit: By looking through SOL author by author, until one looked familiar, I found it! Getting Away, by Sam177. Death of boyfriend and best friend, not brother, but this is the one! Too bad its on hiatus, it looks like, but there's much more written than was there last I read it. Yay!
I started reading that story back in 2009. Don't remember it at all. That's about when I changed my reading policy to not reading incomplete stories, unless they were being updated weekly or so. I got tired of reading a good story and then getting to the )*(^&&*%^& "to be continued" tag.

That's also about when I stopped reading stories by cmsix. Way too many not finished.

arargh
dawich
Novice

Post by dawich »

arargh wrote: That's also about when I stopped reading stories by cmsix. Way too many not finished.

arargh

Has cmsix EVER finished a story?
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

dawich wrote:
arargh wrote: That's also about when I stopped reading stories by cmsix. Way too many not finished.

arargh

Looking at his SOL account, maybe five or six of fifty-six stories are complete, the rest all have that cute yellow highlighting for inactive and incomplete.

The one I'm wishing would start writing again is Don Lockwood, formerly publishing as Frank Downey; very nice romances.
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

actually. most of them were completed. he started rewriteing most of them before he disappeared.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

kd7mvs wrote:
dawich wrote:

arargh

Looking at his SOL account, maybe five or six of fifty-six stories are complete, the rest all have that cute yellow highlighting for inactive and incomplete.

The one I'm wishing would start writing again is Don Lockwood, formerly publishing as Frank Downey; very nice romances.
Yea well Cmsix started his idea of posting like 2 or 3 chapter teasers and if you liked it you could pay him to finish them thingi... back just before everyone started buying their own websites and all the Self publishing bugs hit.

As for Frank we'll have to see as Frank has said most of his romantic style of writing at that time was because of his Wife.
Who Ripped his Heart out and then Divorced him so once he finishes School and get awarded a Teaching Degree he may have time to write once again
we're just not sure if he will ever be the very nice romantic writer he once was.

So many of the great Story authors have dissapeared... Got sick....or Died....left in the great exidus......left to earn $$$ owning their own website....Self publishing ect.

Now all we're left with is a hand full of good or great authors and lots of pulp fiction stroke writers

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

SOL, unfortunately, doesn't have 'music' as a searchable category.

Protagonist is studying classical music, think piano, don't remember much else, romantic, slow, not Opus One. Serial story. Been several years since I was reading it. A very pleasant read, but I really can't remember anything else about it, sorry about not much to go on. Private lessons, not at a conservatory, as best I recollect, but may be wrong.
sharky
Novice

Post by sharky »

Not sure but possibly "Rachel". Doesn't quite fit but worth a read anyway.
fortress
Sorcerer

Post by fortress »

Hmmm, maybe Rachel by Will Bailey. One I've always enjoyed at least.

http://storiesonline.net/s/44219
Morry Stewart was a successful classical composer and pianist. He was also a drinker and a womanizer. More accurately, he was a rat with women. The combination of a fatal car accident and a brilliant young woman would change his life in ways he'd never have dreamed were possible.
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

No, not it. Central character is a music student. I have a sense of it being a gal, post-high school possibly, don't remember if she's in school or not, but very late teens from what little I can remember; the details are not coming to me, unfortunately. A slow story, I don't remember any sex up through where I'd read it. I'm grasping at straws and they're slipping through my fingers.
rand
Novice

Post by rand »

Rachel not a bad story,
ralbloke
Sorcerer

Post by ralbloke »

Hi All

I am searching for Asa Strongs The High Mountain Kingdom series. Actually I only need part 3. “A Journey of Fate”.
Anyone know where I can get it or does anyone have it please.

In Hope.
Ralph

P.S. - It is a great series but very frustrating to miss the last part
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

I don't think it was ever written. At least not that I recall. His stories (last updated April, 2008) are here:

http://www.beyondthefarhorizon.net/phpB ... php?a=2285

Didn't he start his own web-site that specifically excluded any erotica? That was a good site that just poof! went away. I always thought that maybe he had joined the Norwegian Blue. Anyway, sorry I couldn't be of more help.
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

It may be Rachel after all. Just read the first chapter, and I've read it before. Will see. So, those who pointed it out as a possibility, good call. Hadn't thought it was it due to the Lolita code, which didn't feel right; so one has a very mature fourteen.
Aseglave
Talent

Post by Aseglave »

Morning all. Long time reader and troll finally saying something. Unfortunately, asking for some help. Read a story a while back about a group of high school students that were abducted, turned into slaves, then genetically and mechanically enhanced. Eventually they return to Earth tracking a colony of bug type aliens. Been a while since I've read it but it is an outstanding story. I do not remember if it was on SOL or FP but would love to find it. Been driving me nuts for about a week looking for it.
Mezzanotte
Talent

Post by Mezzanotte »

OK. Might be easy or impossible to find since I cant remember the name perfectly and with that I can't find it on SOL.

It's a story about a teen who starts off having a horrible life and so decides to kill himself. as he is about to die he has a feeling of deja vu. Realizes that deja vu is him actually talking to another him from a different universe and so joins with the other him. This is an extremely long story and the affect snowballs over the course of the story to the point where he attains powers of godhood in a way. If anyone can find this that would be awesome. If what I've given isn't enough info I can pull up more from memory because this particular story line is really really really long like 140 chapters.