Spirit Walker - Spoilers - Chapters 1 through part of 14

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions about the Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Elsh
Initiate
Location: Under the cupboard, reading chapter 14 of spiritwalker.

Re: Spirit Walker - Spoilers

Post by Elsh »

I kinda wish the farmer was alive and following Kyven to Haven.

It would be a mucho good time to watch the Shaman/Arcans play with him.
Missing chapter 14, making my way through chapter 15 and awaiting chapter 16 of Spirit Walker.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Cougar2k2 wrote:
alkiera wrote:
Phantom wrote: (snipped lots of LARGE TEXT...)
Well i guessed some of it correctly ....but I feel like I've missed something important here along the way....hummm
Anyone else notice he droped his compass ?
Where do you read that? The last time the compass is mentioned that I found was when he picks it up from his pack and puts it on his neck, before leaving to taunt the Toby the Hunter.
I can't say I remember reading that he dropped the compass either. I'll have to reread the chapter and see if I can find anything. If he did end up dropping it thats a good catch Phantom.
Opps My Bad ....i thought he'd placed the compass in that little Pouch.
Cougar2k2 wrote:
alkiera wrote:
Phantom wrote: his blood inside her ...humm a Loreguard turned Arcan interesting thought. oh wouldn't that just scare the piss out of the Lordguards and others the thought that Arcan Blood could turn them Arcan .....into Slaves!. Makes the possiability of becomming Touched just a bit weak by comparison when you think about it.
It's anyone's guess just what it will do. I'm wondering if it won't throw off the following equipment a bit. Or perhaps let the spirits affect her or track her somehow. I dunno if it's a contagion, that's a little weird... tho perhaps that was another gift, or perhaps it's part of the whole shadow fox thing. Who knows? (Fel does, of course)
As for the blood/loreguard thing I would imagine it has something to do with tracking, the effect The Touch has on her or it might even instill some Shaman tendancies in her thus making her less likely to reveal the location of Haven? Also I'm pretty sure that it was just before the spirit changed Kyven that she granted him the power to cure The Touch in both himself and others. But since he no longer has his powers I would imagine that he will be getting them back after getting to Haven and some type of outbreak occurs or while on the the way to Haven they come across a wild Arcan with The Touch and he has to reconcile with his Totem in order to cure Himself, the captain, and/or Toby. Could be a lesson in forgiveness for Kyven.
I'm not convinced her having the Blood in her has anything to do with throwing off tracking .....remember her (The Foxes) thoughts at the end of the chapter. She wants them to track and follow Kyven to haven.
Fel wrote:The seeds were all planted. Now came the patience of waiting for the harvest.
Her Shaman was on his way to Haven, with the woman and the hunter hot on his heels.
He was leaving the human lands with a full understanding of what the real world was, and was filled with resolve to do something about it. He had learned the value of deception, but had also learned the value of truth. He had learned the value of mercy, but had also learned the value of ruthlessness. He had learned how to communicate with the Arcans, empathize with them, had lived life seeing the world through their eyes, and fully appreciated the hardships of their lives in ways no other human could.
He had gained much wisdom.
He now wanted to join the Masked, and his time as an Arcan had taught him both the harshness of their lives and how to relate to them on their level. He was ready to go to Haven now, to see the other side of the real world, bringing the hunter and the woman along with him, and ready to resume his training in the spirits and Shaman magic.
Things were moving along just as she wished.
She Really wants them all in Haven..... for some reason it's important so what do we have here

She's happy with what Kyven has learned She's ready to to restat Kyvens Training as a Shaman, Toby won't stop untill he's caught Kyven and takes him back and he has a lot of expensive magical devices to help him do just that, so he's going to Haven and the Fox wants him and is using Kyven to get him there.
Captain Pannen the Loreguard has his blood both in and on her (for what purpose's?) She is also not going to stop following Kyven. So she to will be going to Haven and the Fox wants her there as well.
Plus she seems to to have some of the same thoughts about Kyven the same as he does about her.

Sounds like a Kimdori Plot

Phantom
Last edited by Spec8472 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bad Phantom! No playing with font sizes, thanks :P
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

I think some of you are reading way more into the "seed" thing than there actually is, To me it meant that Captain Pannen had the seed of Mystery planted in her not like his blood did something to her.

Or I could be totally wrong too.. I think Pannen might be on the verge of being a shaman or sympathetic to there plight? (arcans that is)

Ok, I was re-reading it and the Shadow fox did say about the blood getting in her body, so it might make her a shaman also? But I think the "seeds" are getting equal rights for the Arcan's and not be slaves.
Stephen
Talent

Post by Stephen »

I'm thinking that the blood inside her will let the Shadow Fox start tormenting her with visions of herself.
hoppy
Sorcerer

Post by hoppy »

She got those thoughts out of her head quickly. That man was a human changed into an Arcan, and finding out how it happened was of vital interest to the Loreguard and the Loremasters. She would track him down and find the truth. It was her job, she was good at it, and she loved doing it. She could find him easily, she had his blood all over her, and that blood would lead her right to him. So he could run as far and as fast as he wanted, because she’d be able to find him no matter where he went. His blood would lead her right to him.
And she would find the truth.

The shadow fox watched the human woman with calm, mildly curious eyes. She watched her as the woman looked down at her bloody hands, then carefully cleaned the blood into a handkerchief and tucked it into a pocket.
Captain Pennan having his blood and it leading her to him sounds like it means more than metaphor, and it seems to be her thought; maybe the lore guard has their own way of training individuals with high spirit potential, and she can track him by his blood. The description of her cleaning the blood "into her handkerchief rather that off herself would support this. This would also explain Pennans high rank in what seems to be a rather patriarchal organization. Of course the cigar could just be a cigar too. :lol:
The seeds, most likely, refer to plans of the shadow fox. I think it has some for the captain, if not the hunter.
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

Just an idea, maybe the loreguard have an alchemical device, call it a "tracker," you touch it to the blood or body of someone you want to track and it works like a compass to always point at where that person is. It could even make the pointer longer when the tracked person is farther away. I think that may be why having his blood is so important to the captain.

-Choy-
hoppy
Sorcerer

Post by hoppy »

kabalman2000 wrote:Just an idea, maybe the loreguard have an alchemical device, call it a "tracker," you touch it to the blood or body of someone you want to track and it works like a compass to always point at where that person is. It could even make the pointer longer when the tracked person is farther away. I think that may be why having his blood is so important to the captain.

-Choy-
but it doesn't explain her rank, and autonomy/authority(as in she can take her command off to investigate a only slightly unusual person(crystal cutters pretty common and he only seems lucky) when they are investigating the death of a squad of lore guard and the theft of their equipment; a direct affront to the loreguard/masters power.)
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

Perhaps having arcan blood in her will give her some protection in Haven, with arcans seeing her as somewhat related, ala Kimdori and Karinnes. However, it just may literally be a seed.

A bit of a wild idea, but the fox may be forming a strike team, Kyven, a human Shaman, add in Toby and a loreguard captain (maybe with the rest of her team) and you'd have a pretty formidable force, if they pool their resourcefulness. I seem to remember that Fel mentioned Kyven having a task that could only be completed as an Arcan, that may be protecting the others long enough to enlist them in the ranks of the masked.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

The Shadowfox I believe has been planning this for a long, long, time. I believe that she has been influencing humans that have Shaman tendencies to breed with each other for generations until you get to Kyv. Now she has the tool she needs to complete her plans. Thats right to her Kyv is a tool, a means to an end, but she is not completely heartless. The other thing is that she doesn't put her eggs all in one basket, that was why she had Kyv impregnant that woman before he really got into his training. That child is a fallback postion in case Kyv doesn't fulfill what the Shadowfox wants. I also believe that the Loreguard Captain is intregal to her plans and with Kyv's blood in her she will start seeing things, like a certain fox. I wouldn't be suprised to find out that the Captain's family has been influenced by the Shadowfox to bring about her existence. I find it awfully suspicious how even before Kyv "screwed up" using his sight on her, that she sensed something different about him. I think the Shadowfox has been doing her own selective breeding program and the Captian is the Shadowfox's selected "mate" for Kyv, but time will tell. Final thought to me you see two aspects to the Shadowfox in the story. The aspect that interacts with Kyv which is a character in the story and the aspect you see at the end of each chapter showing that the Shadowfox is the author of the story. In other words the Shadowfox = Fel. Both are sneaky, deceitful, manipulative and lead us around by the nose
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
IdiotPaste
Sorcerer

Post by IdiotPaste »

boballab wrote:In other words the Shadowfox = Fel. Both are sneaky, deceitful, manipulative and lead us around by the nose
Flattery will get you everywhere! :D
"Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fel, isn't it about time you give us a hint or make some comment that has us jumping to new conclusions and heading down the absolutely wrong path? :?: I mean, I know we are good at doing it ourselves, getting confused and over-postulating that is, but I'm used to you being more "dastardly" than this... I hope you aren't sick, or even worse, becomeing lawful good! :shock:

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

michaelsuave wrote:Fel, isn't it about time .....
~Michael
He's busy, either finishing another chapter or studying.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I actually haven't been able to get on the site most of the day, kept getting SQL errors.

And no, I'm still chaotic evil: NO COMMENT!*

*assuming, of course, this comment denotes that someone, somewhere, actually guessed correctly, and I refuse to admit it because I have no more cookies to give out.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

The Great Fel, Guardian of the Sacred Cookies, Mater of the Glass of Milk.

I was wondering if I should tell Phantom that his enthusiasm is badly misplaced and the more he guesses the less likely he is to get a cookie but...
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:I actually haven't been able to get on the site most of the day, kept getting SQL errors.

And no, I'm still chaotic evil: NO COMMENT!*

*assuming, of course, this comment denotes that someone, somewhere, actually guessed correctly, and I refuse to admit it because I have no more cookies to give out.
or we're totally off base and your saying no comment to drive us nuts