Curse the evil of the Gamecube....

avitchel
Sorcerer

Re: Curse the evil of the Gamecube....

Post by avitchel »

Me neither! Too many buttons, too little time for decisions. Too old to be an adrenaline junky anymore. Now a decent Space humurabi with a good storyline, sort of a richer MOO, thats another thing. Sigh!
thisandthat
Sorcerer

Post by thisandthat »

Add me to the list of NO Gamecube people.

I have a Nentendo and Super Nentendo and that is adicting enugh, (never made it to NES-64).
"Molon labe!" ("Come and get them!")

—King Leonidas of Sparta,
when asked to lay down his force's arms.
sOmeone
Initiate

Post by sOmeone »

Well, although I don't have a gamecube :'( , I do have a computer ;D.   I spend most of my free time playing CS:S, Doom 3, Halo and other assorted games on my computer.  
thisandthat
Sorcerer

Post by thisandthat »

If your talking computor games ...

Diablo II, Red Alert and Doom.  All old games to be shure but fun!
"Molon labe!" ("Come and get them!")

—King Leonidas of Sparta,
when asked to lay down his force's arms.
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

As for computer games, I'm more a strategy person so I enjoy games like Pharaoh, Warcraft, Civilization (I prefered 1 a bit more than 3), and of course Worms World Party is always a hoot ;D!
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

I'm not too hot for FPS like Quake, Unreal, RedFaction, but sometimes I play them. I like RPG games: Might and Magic VI, Evil Islands, Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment (and have untouched Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale). I played some the Diablo II (with extension). And of course there are rouguelike games like ADOM or Nethack.

I don't feel like testing my mouse skills against computers, so the RTS (which are usually RTT, Real Time Tactic, not strategy) I play should have pause: like Warcraft, Kohan (nice new ideas there), X-COM: Apocalypse (realtime mode (with autopause on chosen events) is much faster than turn-based mode, especially on large areas). And that is why I considered buying Fallout Tactics but in the end didn't buy it. I have seen Submarine Titans played, and it looks like a nice game, with some good ideas, quite a good AI and supposedly nonlinear plot.

But the only games I finished playing (as opposed to watching somebody else finishing the game, which I quite like) are Civilization, Civilization III and Alpha Centauri...   :P

So, although I played for example some mech game (don't remember the title, though: heaviest mech there was Apocalypse) console doesn't hold much appeal for me. That, and I don't do gaming much  :)

Hmmm... maybe next sticky thread, "The games we play" ;P ;) ::) ;D
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

thisandthat wrote:If your talking computor games ...

Diablo II, Red Alert and Doom. All old games to be shure but fun!
Those are the 3 big games in our house, too.  Just got done playing C&C just now and hubby is a Doom and Quake man. We both like Diablo.

L
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"