It IS Tuesday!  Well, here it is.

Graewolfe
Initiate

Re: It IS Tuesday!  Well, here it is.

Post by Graewolfe »

ahh but your forgeting, his goal wasnt to kill the one but to get kimmie out, and he did it. from what he said before he left the others he knew that there was a large chance that he wouldnt be able to defeat the one so all he tryed to do was delay, the oprtunity to kill him was just a bonus.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Realize too that the One is going to be weaker now since a good chunk of his religion was wiped out with Pyros.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

;D Great chapter! ;D
Now all I want to know is if anything happens to Dolanna!
By Karas hammer! Ulger swore as he jumped up from the ground, staring at Tarrins body.
     Miranda! Dolanna shouted as she rushed over to him.  Miranda!  She knelt by his body and turned him over, and was immediately covered in blood.
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Hands were covered in blood.  Remember way back in Tower of Sorecery that Severn's hands were covered in the blood too.  I'm guessing as long as the blood is washed off before it sinks through the pores it's ok.  Now if she had a cut or something like that, then that would be different.

Support my brother.
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

It would however be an interesting thought, Dolanna a werecat :o ! Well there would go any hope of Dolanna and Haley :'( ! Then again she would gain another level in her were expertese ;) .
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
MISER
Katzh-dashi

Post by MISER »

HOWDY

I TOO WAS WONDERING ABOUT THE BLOOD ON DOLANNA. HOWEVER IF I READ IT WRONG AND IT WAS MIRANDA THEN IT IS EXPLAINED. I HAVE A TERRIBLY DIFFICULT TIME AFTER HUNDREDS OF WARNINGS FROM DOLANNA WITH HER DELIBERATELY CREATING A SELF EXPOSURE TO LYCANTHROPY. SHE HAD MAGIC STORED UP AND WOULD HAVE USED POWER TO TREAT OR TOUCH TARRIN, I WOULD THINK.

ON THE OTHER HAND I ADMIT THAT I HAVE BELIEVED DOLANNA WOULD BE INFECTED IN SOME MANNER AT SOME POINT!

SO HERE I GO I AM BEGGING NOW FOR SPOILERS.

AT EASE MD AND OTHERS.  LOL ;D

I WOULD LIKE THEM SENT BY E-MAIL INSTEAD OF POSTED HERE TO RUIN OTHERS EXPECTATIONS ETC... I HAVE FOR SOME TIME BEEN WRITING SHORT STORIES BASED ON THIS WORLD FOR MY OWN PLEASURES. AN WITH PERMISSION. I HAVE POSTED AND SHARED NONE AS I SAVED THEM ALL FOR A BIT AND THEN REVIEWED THEM. EACH AND EVERY TIME I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE GERMAIN TO THE RULES OF THIS WORLD FEL HAS CREATED. MY RESPECT FOR HIS WRITING HAS GROWN INCREDIBLY NOT ONLY FOR THE QUALITY BUT THE CONTINUITY AND STABILITY OF HIS WORKS.

SO THERE, FEL, OR SOMEONE TRULY IN THE KNOW, PLEASE SHARE. YOU CAN SEND THEM HERE MISERABLESPAMS@AOL.COM

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

JOHN

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR. I JUST REALIZED IT IS 2:35 AM HERE ON THE FIRST AND I MISSED THE BIG MOMENT.

AINT AGE AND MEMORY LOSS GRAND.... ::)
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

lochar wrote:Realize too that the One is going to be weaker now since a good chunk of his religion was wiped out with Pyros.
Not to mention that people in other places might finally understand that the One is not all-powerful. They might lose a bit of faith in him now...
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

As to the question i dodn't ask earlier...

From what i remember, the Firestaff was a side-effect of the creation. That's where it gets it's abilities from. Wouldn't it be logical to have something of an similar nature in this world as well? That might cause some things to change... But not necisarily.

I'm just tired and rambeling, but this hit me, and it might happend. That's why i'm asking...
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

The firestaff was a creation of a race long forgotten, with the echo of creation in it.  I'm guessing the elves made it, but all knowledge of HOW it was created was burned from the weave, since we don't want every crackpot creating one.  Spyder might know what was done to make it, but I can guarentee that if the Elders ever got wind of another one in the making, there wouldn't be enough left of the one trying to make it to put into a thimble. :-)

Support my brother.
rick
Sorcerer

Post by rick »

The way I think it works (About the blood that is) From other times in the stories is that they need to keep the blood away fromthe mouth and cuts .Aka when tarrin was attacked by the wrath Serrin only froze the blood before he neeled in it .And the point i was trying to make is once again A god "the ONE" was harmed by underestermating a mortal.Also if the rules about God icons Are the same on pryos as Sendar it will be a verry long time before he can re-create his icon and return to the world.Also a Question When the Goddess`s icon was indanger all of her priests were in danger of dying too .I know that it was because they were tied to the web .But my question is will the Ones priests die too or only lose their powers.It might be fun to watch a prest summon a demon and have it turn and attack them.because they no longer have the power to control a demon.
My mind is a terrable thing to leave empty, It comes up with weird things to fill the empty places.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

The One's icon wasn't destroyed, just had a huge crack put into it.  It's still there, so it's still pretty much completly formed.  all he has to do is fix it.  But while it isn't whole, he still can't bring his power to bear.  If it were possible to bring their full power to bear with even just a little bit of the icon, then a defeated god could come back within days by forming just a slight bit and working from there.

Support my brother.
azarah
Talent

Post by azarah »

lochar wrote:The One's icon wasn't destroyed, just had a huge crack put into it.  It's still there, so it's still pretty much completly formed.  all he has to do is fix it.
Right, but you are forgetting about the volcano ... if he cannot
manufest in the world, I cannot see who is going to stop it ...  ;)
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I think the city was pretty well destroyed.  There's no real reason to save it.  He has no followers left alive there, and he's putting all his energy to fixing his icon, so unless he goes bonkers, he should probably just write it off as a lost cause and try to blow away tarrin again.  I wonder if Tarrin would get more powerful if he had followers though...

Support my brother.
azarah
Talent

Post by azarah »

Yes, but putting his followers aside - if the city goes because the
volcano erupted, so does his icon ... and supposidly it does take a
long time to fix,  so I cannot see how he is going to do it.  So either
way (except if I am missing something), he cannot do a thing, and
Tarrin _did_ win, as his icon will be destroyed ...
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I thought that only divine things could harm his icon, well that and demons, but they're otherworldly.

Support my brother.