updatish things.

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: updatish things.

Post by Lochar »

Yes, but is it strawberry or grape jam?
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Lochar wrote:Yes, but is it strawberry or grape jam?
Apricot is much nicer.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

perhaps Raspberry?

There's only one many would would dare give me the raspberry! LoneStar!

8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

Fel wrote:It's going to be delayed, someone at work got fired today. I have to work 16 hours for the next 2 days, then 2 8 hour days, then 1 more 16 hour day, then I get 1 day off before starting it all over again.

1 got fired, 1 is in the hospital, 2 are on vacation, so the rest of us are kinda in a jam.
My goodness! Almost sounds like you're a nurse or something like with those crazy shifts.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

You know what? I think somebody should tell Fel's boss about this thing called a "temp service." Help the unemployment rate and our story consumption in one foul swoop... or is that fowl swoop? Well anyway, far be it from me to deprive Fel of overtime cash, but we miss you and your stories bud. Hope you are having a fun summer in between sleeping, eating, and overtime. Save time for the game playing, friends, and writing fun... not necessarily in that order. :wink:

~Michaelsuave
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
alkiera
Initiate

Post by alkiera »

Fel wrote:It's going to be delayed, someone at work got fired today. I have to work 16 hours for the next 2 days, then 2 8 hour days, then 1 more 16 hour day, then I get 1 day off before starting it all over again.

1 got fired, 1 is in the hospital, 2 are on vacation, so the rest of us are kinda in a jam.
Ouch. That kind of stuff is why I left the job I had at a small company. The people and company atmosphere were pretty nice, but if someone is out sick or needs vacation, it's a huge pain for everyone else.

I've since worked at a Much larger company, which also had good people and a nice atmosphere, but wanting to take a week off wasn't the end of the world for everyone you worked with.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

michaelsuave wrote:perhaps Raspberry?

8)
Yeah, raspberry jam isn't bad either. Has to be a specific brand, or home-made though. The regular apricot jam I buy has nice big chunks of apricots in it.

(For the americans wondering wtf, we're talking Jelly, Preserves, or Conserves. :P)
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

Spec8472 wrote:Yeah, raspberry jam isn't bad either. Has to be a specific brand, or home-made though. The regular apricot jam I buy has nice big chunks of apricots in it.

(For the americans wondering wtf, we're talking Jelly, Preserves, or Conserves. :P)
Along the lines of sandwich makings - I love a good Fluffernutter with chunky peanut butter.
Strawberry, raspberry, apricot - all good choices as long as they have the big fruity bits :)
or a chunky pb with AppleButter - YUM!!!
deane
Sorcerer

Post by deane »

hope mr boss and staff doesn't wear you out fel. hoping to see a new chapter before the move this friday. if not at least I'll have something new to read at the new place. peace and get some sleep!
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Spec8472 wrote:

8)
Yeah, raspberry jam isn't bad either. Has to be a specific brand, or home-made though. The regular apricot jam I buy has nice big chunks of apricots in it.

I'm American, and I would hope you don't really consider jelly to be the same thing as preserves. I'd have to harm you for that. :evil:
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

Lochar wrote:
Spec8472 wrote:

8)

I'm American, and I would hope you don't really consider jelly to be the same thing as preserves. I'd have to harm you for that. :evil:
I have to agree w/ Lochar. I'm also American. If you think that jelly and jam are the same thing, then I would have to say that u are completely ignorant and need to find some nice old lady to make fresh, warm scones with butter and jam and then compare that to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Big difference!
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

Jelly, well, jell-o is what jelly aspires to become. Sometimes you get a runny jelly, and you better hope you have a good thick biscuit, no holes please, or it'll drip all over the place. Sometimes you get a stiff jelly, and can use it to fill the holes in your bread so the peanut butter doesn't fall through. You hope for one that will spread fairly evenly. But it has nothing in it, no seeds, no fiber, it's just juice and pectin.

Jam. It depends. But at least in theory it has seeds, if from a berry, and you can tell it used to be something. It will vary in consistency a bit, running from runny-with-fruit-fragments, to well-blended-and-nearly-stiff-puree. Unlike marmalade, no citrus peel need apply.

I've always been fond of raspberry or strawberry jam myself, although I think the most exotic I've had was a cactus/jalapeño jam, actually rather nice if a tad spicy.

Yes, I'm a Yank, although my paternal grandmother was a WWI war-bride from England; never knew her, she died when dad was a couple of years old, still a young lass at the time. Significant front page obit, she'd rather taken the place by storm I guess, was well thought of.

Oh, and Fell, about that story?

When you get around to it, if you can?

Thanks.

I'll have some jam while I wait.
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

We can tell there's a distinct difference between jelly and jam in europe too. Maybe they mix them there. I've never made the attempt myself, I'm not a big fan of either. :lol:. Something to experiment with right after testing coke with mentos (supposed to be nearly explosive) while we're waiting. Hmmm.
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

look on youtube for the diet coke and mentos video! A group of *artists* did a full water show with it and made a really awesome extended display.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Far be it from me to take a good "off-topic" and bring it back to topic, but how goeth the update sir Fel? Still drudging through the muck of an overtime work week I assume??? Well, just know that we miss you and hope you're doing ok.

And now back to an off-topic.

Pengins or monkeys, which is the true ninja of the animal world? :wink:

~Michael 8)