Music (Contains mild spoilers for Subjugation)

Olli
Novice

Music (Contains mild spoilers for Subjugation)

Post by Olli »

I don't know how to start this, but...

Speed king by Deep Purple

Jason personafied!!!!!
?
He's aaaarrrgh...

Please :oops:
dadrago
Novice

Re: Music (Contains mild spoilers for Subjugation)

Post by dadrago »

I love Metallica. Most of thier music (especially their older albums) is pretty
hard. and if you want anger personified, thier latest release "Saint Anger" has
some really angry music.

but if you want to listen to good metallica, good as in good all around.

although if you like somebody like reba macintyre or clint black or (in my mind) god forbid the doors you won't like metallica.

later,
drago
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

dadrago wrote:although if you like somebody like reba macintyre or clint black or (in my mind) god forbid the doors you won't like metallica.

later,
drago
I beg your pardon... Just a small sample of the people that I like to listen to:

AC/DC, Alabama, Alan Jackson, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Bela Fleck, Blind Guardian, Brad Paisley, Brooks and Dunn, Chicago, Collin Raye (sometimes), CCR, Miles Davis, Diamond Rio, The Eagles, Eric Clapton, Gail Davies, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Jethro Tull, Jim Croce, Jimmy Buffet, John Denver, Johnny Cash, Kansas, The Kingston Trio, Loreena McKennitt, Louis Armstrong, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Wynton Marsalis, Metallica, Queen, Rascal Flatts, Reba McEntire, REO Speedwagon, The Rolling Stones, Simon & Garfunkel, Stan Rogers, Styx, Toby Keith, Willie Nelson, and ZZ Top.

This is just a small portion of what I have in my iTunes. I didn't put in any of the World or Classical music that I listen to, because not many of you would recognize any of the performers. Being a music major has a lot of advantages when it comes to music. :D
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

ABC.

Anything But Country.

If it don't twang, I listen to it. The only exception is bluegrass. I like bluegrass.

My preference, however, is hard rock and classical music.

Long Live Rob Zombie! Er, long un-live...hell, whatever.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

My preference is a little bit of everything except tejano, hard rock (i.e. megadeath...) and crap, I mean rap.

Alabama, abba, mama's n the papa's, james brown, lois armstrong, elvis, reba, Pachelbel, pat green, mozart, gloria estefan, poison, phil collins, willie nelson, eagles, beatles, toby keith, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, allman brothers, celine dion, simon & garfunkel, bad english, bryan adams, sir elton john, bob wills, blake shelton, garth, ccr (both groups)....
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel wrote:ABC.

Anything But Country.

If it don't twang, I listen to it. The only exception is bluegrass. I like bluegrass.

Here I was thinking you were the most perfect person in the world, and you go and say something like that... :evil: Besides, not all country music twangs...
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fiferguy wrote:
Fel wrote:ABC.

Anything But Country.

Here I was thinking you were the most perfect person in the world, and you go and say something like that... :evil: Besides, not all country music twangs...
Country music... if you play it backwards, you get your dog back, you get your girl back, you get your truck back... :wink:

Seriously though, I'm like fel and I like everything but country music. I don't "mind" some country ballads, but normally I lose a year off my life, my hair turns gray, and I start to go into epleptic seisures whenever I'm forced to listen to country music. Personally, I'm a fan of techno as the driving beat matches my A.D.D. energy level.

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

michaelsuave wrote:Country music... if you play it backwards, you get your dog back, you get your girl back, you get your truck back... :wink:

Seriously though, I'm like fel and I like everything but country music. I don't "mind" some country ballads, but normally I lose a year off my life, my hair turns gray, and I start to go into epleptic seisures whenever I'm forced to listen to country music. Personally, I'm a fan of techno as the driving beat matches my A.D.D. energy level.

~Michael 8)
I can think of but two songs that actually talk about a dog, a girl, and a truck in the same song... and I know a LOT of country music... You guys are just jealous of the superiority of Country Music...

**ducks and hides from the flame war he just started**
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fiferguy wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:Country music... if you play it backwards, you get your dog back, you get your girl back, you get your truck back... :wink:

~Michael 8)
I can think of but two songs that actually talk about a dog, a girl, and a truck in the same song... and I know a LOT of country music... You guys are just jealous of the superiority of Country Music...

**ducks and hides from the flame war he just started**
Oh yes, I'm so JEALOUS of country music... (read sarcastically if you can't get the drift*) I mean, who wouldn't want to be an inbred hillbilly married to his sister/cousin living in an arkansas trailer making moonshine and watching nascar... with a family tree that doesn't fork. Yep, boy, I wish I was a country boy. :P :wink:

*** ducks and covers because he also entered the flame war***

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Well... you have a point...but a lot of the music is good... just not the darned Rednecks... :lol:
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

I'm pretty eclectic, depending on my mood. I'll give anything a try if I haven't heard it before. I tend to like all of the mainstream genres except angry heavy metal and (most of all) rap. Even then there are exceptions. I like Baby Got Back and one of the rap songs off DC Talk's "Jesus Freak" albumn, to name two that are wide across the rap spectrum. I'm a fan of Will Smith, though that's pretty 'soft' for rap (Born To Reign is a particularly inspiring song for me). I'll listen to what I feel is Angry music occassionaly when I'm feeling really agressive. I'll enjoy a little country interspersed through my playlist. But then, I'll add the occassional polka dance too, especially if it's Weird Al.

Mostly I read when I listen to music, and for that reason I like things that make good background music. Classical, Trance, or Easy Listening. As long as it's not a saxophone heavy Jazz piece. Heavy sax usage drives me up the wall. No idea why. I suppose I should add Jazz to the genres I rarely listen to.

Enya, Enigma, and Sara Brightman are my favorite artists. I'm a particular fan of Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Carol of the Bells (heard a BRILLIANT version in Belmont School of Music's christmas show from this year. It's a travesty they didn't release it on a CD), and (strangely) the graduation theme. Vitamin C's "Graduation" is probably my favorite version, even if it's more pop than classical. Speaking of which, does anyone here happen to have that one, and is willing to pass it on to me? PM me, please.
Deeb
Sorcerer

Post by Deeb »

michaelsuave wrote: *** ducks and covers because he also entered the flame war***
~Michael 8)

As for music, just my CURRENT playlist is: 1680 Songs, most of it rock - I have no clue how many songs my complete library is, but it has everything in it ( Yes even Country :-o)
Last edited by Deeb on Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Deeb
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Actually, a flame war and the pictures related to it should be in another thread, this is what music we like. :wink: Blaim fiferguy for starting us down that road... I just followed his bad behavior... I blaim his pscionic powers... :shock:

~Michael 8)

Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

All your mind are belong to me.... :twisted:
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Add another vote for country, although I listen to just about anything but (c)rap.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com