What Story would make the best Movie?

Hearly
Speed Racer!

What Story would make the best Movie?

Post by Hearly »

When I say that, I mean thinking about the Time movies normally run vs the storyline fitting that type of a format, I think Sennadar would make a great 20 hour mini-series, but not so much a Movie.

the two stories I think that would work the best, would be..

1 Subjugation
2 A Perfect World (al Steiner)

The reason I choose those 2, I think they could be made into a Screenplay without Losing the Essence of the story, while The Sennadar Series, I feel would lose the essence of the story trying to collapse them into a 2 hour movie..

What stories (posted online, and not in book format) do you think would work best?
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Re: What Story would make the best Movie?

Post by afrigeek »

I think the firestaff series could be compressed into a great fantasy epic the likes of "Lord of the Rings"... May even be some many years in future when all of us here are now dead and Fel isn't around to enjoy the fruits of his labor :-)
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Screw the two hour movie. I say make each book into a separate two, three or four hour movie.
Lokis Advisor
Initiate

Post by Lokis Advisor »

Both Subjugation and A Perfect World are in many ways like Starship Troopers, a Political Sci-Fi Drama/epic. All three are vastly enjoyable in their printed word form.
I would not wish to see happen to Sub or Perfect world what happened to Starship Troopers when Hollywood got its grimy hands on it. It was turned into a B grade sci-fi comedy which barely had any releationship to the original book.
However I think both could be a great TV series, two or three seasons with maybe a movie to wrap them up.
I think Subjugation may be easier to make the transition to the big or little screen.
Time Travel and serious distortions to the time line would not fly to well with the non-sc-fi community (I think)
Enjoy the time you spend having someone else expand your mind.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

I think Subjugation would be the best movie, as it is continuous and has basically one main goal or plot line. Sennadar has many different individual goals it seems, and I think it would be better as a miny series. The way fel's chapters span periods of time and end on cliff hangers would be perfect for a TV series. I would liken sennadar to the Dresden series by Jim Butcher, which is now being made into a mini-series for the Sci-fi channel.

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Lokis Advisor wrote:Both Subjugation and A Perfect World are in many ways like Starship Troopers, a Political Sci-Fi Drama/epic. All three are vastly enjoyable in their printed word form.
I would not wish to see happen to Sub or Perfect world what happened to Starship Troopers when Hollywood got its grimy hands on it. It was turned into a B grade sci-fi comedy which barely had any releationship to the original book.
However I think both could be a great TV series, two or three seasons with maybe a movie to wrap them up.
I think Subjugation may be easier to make the transition to the big or little screen.
Time Travel and serious distortions to the time line would not fly to well with the non-sc-fi community (I think)
I always took A Perfect World, more to be a Love story than anything else, Love conquers all type thing even time... Now Greenie's I would consider Political Sci-fi Drama epic.
Lokis Advisor
Initiate

Post by Lokis Advisor »

I think Greenies would make an excellent movie, more so than A perfect World
Enjoy the time you spend having someone else expand your mind.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Lokis Advisor wrote:I think Greenies would make an excellent movie, more so than A perfect World
I think Greenies would be too long, or too much would be cut out.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

I saw Eragon at the movies today, and it felt rushed - I haven't read the book, but I'm sure there was more character development (and, heck _STORY_ too).

I think Sennadar couldn't really be translated into a series of movies. Subjugation would probably be best as a miniseries (About six 90-120min episodes).

Greenies and A Perfect World... probably also difficult to translate into a movie, again, miniseries or something like that.
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

I've read both Eragon and Eldest, and they are very nice story and decent writing, though it's rather painfully obvious which are the books that inspired the author. I still have to give it to him, it's quite a book for a 16-year-old.
And yes the movie is...nothing in particular. :roll:
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

I would vote for Subjugataion just for the toys and suprises. IT makes a persons day to win small battles. Just like in real life.

Miz
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

I think it also depends on the format of the movie. Cartoon, anime, live actors, CG? I think that Sennadar would make a great series in the anime format, and Subjugation would make a good live action movie with all those cheeky little special effects. :wink:
SirVal
Initiate

Post by SirVal »

I've read Eragon and am now reading Eldest .
The movie is a disgrace. (My opinion)
Sirval
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Post by codewarrior »

Sadly while i would love to see subjugation as movie or a mini series, I think it would just end up being messed up. The most decent movie/s that have been made from books that i can think of is Lord of the Rings and even then a lot was left out of them.
Lead me not to temptation. I'm sure, I know the way better than you.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Eragon ( the movie) was a total disgrace. Too rushed. That stunt of growing the dragon in seconds was probably the very worst. I am currently reading Eldest and I like the story. I just hope they learn from their mistakes when they come round to making a movie of it.

I happen to agree with everyone else here that subjugation would probably make a very good movie. Sennadar would be ebst for a TV series smoething along the liens of methos..
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.