Subjugation Chapter 16 - Spoilers

Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: Subjugation Chapter 16 - Spoilers

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:Actually, what surprises me most about this thread is no debate about other things I thought people might find interesting...not a single comment about Jason being a married man. ;)
The marriage was basicly a foregone conclusion since Chapter 3(?) where Jason decided to go all goo-goo over Jyslin. ;)

There are some.... interesting things mentioned. Need to sit and ponder on it this weekend.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Spec8472 wrote:
Fel wrote:Actually, what surprises me most about this thread is no debate about other things I thought people might find interesting...not a single comment about Jason being a married man. ;)
The marriage was basicly a foregone conclusion since Chapter 3(?) where Jason decided to go all goo-goo over Jyslin. ;)

There are some.... interesting things mentioned. Need to sit and ponder on it this weekend.
I Always thought Jyslin would get pregnant Before the wedding.

I wonder if this means Kumi will Give Jason and Jyslin's First child Marbles for a Birthday Present.....

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Phantom, I think we all thought of those things, well, perhaps without the Kimori with Faey DNA, but they are just more cliffhangers, and we were too busy abusing Fel, His Evilness, for his inhumane act before Christmas. Who, by the way, just stuck some salt packs in our wounds to hold us during the holidays. :roll:
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Metatrone wrote:Phantom, I think we all thought of those things, well, perhaps without the Kimori with Faey DNA, but they are just more cliffhangers, and we were too busy abusing Fel, His Evilness, for his inhumane act before Christmas. Who, by the way, just stuck some salt packs in our wounds to hold us during the holidays. :roll:
Actualy Everyone seem to have forgotten Fel left us with almost if not just as as big a Cliffhanger as this at the End of Subugation chapter 12
that was back in what april ?
One hundred and fifty nine. That was how many were in Chesapeake. One hundred and fifty nine
people, people he knew, people he had sworn to help protect…they were all dead.
“Oh, God,” Leamon said in a low, shocked voice.
“Amen,” Tom Jackson agreed.
Ok maybe not a Total Cliffhanger ...but a shocker

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Dart
Talent

Post by Dart »

my question right now is what is a mindstriker? we know what a mindbender is but not a mindstriker.
Wingsolution
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wingsolution »

a telepathic sniper, that's just fel making up telepathic warrior jargon...
bored and lazy... it's more fun to talk on gaia...
dadrago
Novice

Post by dadrago »

Dart wrote:my question right now is what is a mindstriker? we know what a mindbender is but not a mindstriker.
I'm guessing that a mindstriker would be one that could potentially take over and 'remote-ly' control someone's mind or be able to lanch a telepathic attack so devestating that it shut's their mind down completely.

and just finished reading the chapter and comment's about the chapter. in other words most everything is seconded and continueing "Aye's" about Fel's evilness. although great chapter.

and i do believe that Jason the Empiress will eventually give Jason the House Karriane back and also the governorship of Terra as a way to appease that the house has somewhatly been resurrected by the fact that Jason is a direct decendent of the house leader. and that his family has been on Terra, or Earth, for over a thousand years. and at this point even though Myleena can be considered a relative she's given up her title within the house of Merrane to be in the Marines and serve the Empire in the spec ops. so when they realize that they are distantly related Myleena will be even more pissed at Trillane.

gotta get to bed now.

Later all,
drago
Texfire
Sorcerer

Post by Texfire »

Seems the biggest decision the Empress needs to make now is to eradicate Jason and through him the remnants of the Karienne noble family, or embrace them covertly and eventually assign his "house" governorship of Earth. The answer will probably be what is the best option politically for her.

Tex
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Texfire wrote:Seems the biggest decision the Empress needs to make now is to eradicate Jason and through him the remnants of the Karienne noble family, or embrace them covertly and eventually assign his "house" governorship of Earth. The answer will probably be what is the best option politically for her.

Tex
I thought that Fel gave us a tidbit earlier, where the Emperess's House was a Major benefactor of the destruction of House Karienne, So she probably would not want to see his house returned as it would probably take a lot of Cash/Property from her house.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:Spoilers?
Spoiler
Show
I have explained EVERYTHING in this chapter. It's all there. All of it. Every answer to every question was given in this chapter, but yall were so wrapped up in the cliffhanger that you missed it! I snuck it by all of you, so NYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or....DID I? :twisted:

(Why yes, yes I am evil. So nice of you to notice.)
Fel, maybe why it didn't come as a suprise or even something to debate is that Most of us Knew that Jason was part of a noble house for a long long time, that his sister most of us knew it was her in the last chapter because of her ability with tech, etc.. (spoilers from a long long time ago you gave us..:P )

Now dealing with his marriage, Why no Internal Conflict for Jason? I mean earlier in the story, he left because of his princples(sp?) now all of a sudden before he found out he was part Faey he "losses" them to marry her.. Did her going AWOL remove those morals/beliefs?
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

I think it was. I can't remember, but in one of the opening chapters, Jyslin asks what it would take Jason to be with her. He says her leaving the Marines. It was some time after the pranking and such...I think around the time Jyslin got him a base ID. I'll see if I can track it down.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Found it...
In Chapter 4 of Subjugation, Fel wrote wrote: She nodded, then sighed and looked at him. “I want you to move in with me.”

“No.”

“But—“

“Don’t start—“

“I’m not going to get combative,” she cut him off in a level tone. “Just listen to me.”

He was a bit surprised. “Alright,” he agreed.

“Look me in the eye and tell me you’re not attracted to me,” she challenged.

“I am attracted to you,” he admitted with a straight face.

“Alright then, you’ve stipulated that you think I’m a sexy beast,” she said with a slight smile. “And we established last week that you don’t see me as the Imperium anymore. So, why not? You’re not moving in with the Imperium, Jason, you’re moving in with me. Jyslin Shaddale, remember? If you can’t trust me by now with this between us,” she said, tapping her temple meaningfully, “then when will you ever trust me?”

“Remember when I told you about belief, Jyslin?” he asked in reply, and she nodded. “You represent something every fiber of my being opposes. No matter how much I like you, or how much I feel you’re not the Imperium, my beliefs simply will not allow me to move in with you. If I do that, I’m admitting defeat and allowing the Imperium to win.”

“But we go out. We have fun, we talk, we get along great together, we have great sex, and we do that other thing,” she protested.

“I know, and sometimes it destroys me,” he answered candidly. “Every time I come back from a date with you I’m kicking myself for being so weak, for compromising my principles because I wanted to spend time with you. I know you’re the enemy, but I keep falling right back in with you, because I do like you, and I do want to be with you. I know I have to keep with you because of that other thing, and that contact always breaks my will and leads to the dates and the sex. Part of me wants to move in with you, but that part of me that opposes the Imperium won’t allow it, and I know that if I did, I’d never be able to live with myself. Doing that would be admitting defeat, and that is something that I will never do.”

She sighed, looking at her knees. “So your pride won’t let you be anything more to me,” she said.

“My pride, my beliefs, my upbringing, my conscious, just about everything but my affection for you and our stipulated mutual attraction,” he answered honestly.

“So…at least I have one thing going for me. Aside from my cute ass,” she said with a wan little smile. “What would it take to change that?”

“Oh, just your resignation from the Marines,” he answered bluntly. “I cannot even think of having a relationship with a Faey who’s a direct representative of a government I despise. No matter how much I understand that you are not the Imperium, Jyslin, you still represent it, and that makes you untouchable to my conscious. If you were a civilian, though, I probably wouldn’t feel that way.”

“I can’t resign. I’m still in my conscription.”

“Then we’ll just have to wait,” he told her.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Dart wrote:my question right now is what is a mindstriker? we know what a mindbender is but not a mindstriker.
Mindstrikers are basicly what Marines are, Faey with enough power to fight telepathically rather than physically. Where the ENTIRE unit is comprised of these individuals where Marines are concerned, in Army units, only a few have that kind of ability, and it requires special training to use. This is not something your average Faey telepath knows how to do. Most Faey are trained in the basics of telepathic combat, and they receive more traning during conscription, and against non-telepaths, that training is more than enough. But when fighting another telepath, it is NOT. Not every Faey is fully trained in the full use of their power when it comes to fighting other telepaths. Mindstrikers are. Outside of the Marines, they have this special title.

Needless to say, Mindstrikers are basicly a weapon only used against other Faey. Given their violent history of civil war, you could understand how the need for them evolved. ;)

The Trillanes attacking Myleena's unit had only one Faey with this training, whereas Myleena's unit has two. That's a decided tactical advantage.

Marines may carry an MPAC, but they really don't need to use it. Not when they can dominate the mind of their opposition, then have their new toy turn around and fire on her own allies.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

Fel wrote:Marines may carry an MPAC, but they really don't need to use it. Not when they can dominate the mind of their opposition, then have their new toy turn around and fire on her own allies.
Now, I thought you were being sadistic by leaving us with this cliffhanger, but That bit of strategic use of mental warfare is Truely evil!
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

jason captured. big prize. Presents him before empress. States claim of slave trade, imperial telepaths say no lie. claims to be noble, claims assets and rights. chap sixteen mentioned a ringlet image, official crown of head of house, noble challenging noble , equal standing. Karinne was neutral, no declaration of war, so no one can claim assets, legally goes to jason. moridin secure accounts would go to him. what assets would a science and artistic house actually have, a few planets and such, patents and so forth, so he trades, empress keeps the stuff need, while they get earth. why WERE KARINNE KILLED. WHO? The kimdori owe dept, this is because mabbey their fault for the death of the family. mabey it was not being involved in the civil war, it was being involved with kimdori. jason is not kimdori decent, mabey. they saved treasures of karinne, karinne been on earth for over 600 years, they claime it, jason crimes do not apply, noble defending home from invaders, all kate info gatherered flood the net, no execute if everyone wants him
.S.A.M.K.M