Where does everyone live, geographically?

MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Re: Where does everyone live, geographically?

Post by MommyDoom »

Fiferguy wrote:
Wingsolution wrote:
MommyDoom wrote: Frederick, Maryland ... about 50 miles north of the top nuclear target on the planet. Yeah me.

MommyDoom
Don't complain about that, the train switchboard for the west coast is closer to me than that, and that's a priority target too....
you're outside anything but the long term exposure to radiation zone, I'm in the intiant-assured-death-by-melting-over-several-days-by-radiation zone of a bomb...
the switchboard is between Watsonville and Monterey... closer to watsonville, I'd say 15 miles at most...
15 miles from the headquarters for AWACS, a B1 service facility, and North American Air Materiel Headquarters. Yay for Tinker Air Force Base.
okokokok, I can top that. I'm 5 miles from the level 5 containment area that houses one of very few repositories for ANTHRAX and EBOLA in the US. USAMRID is on Fort Detrick, Frederick, Maryland. I get to die a hematoma-riddled, hemoraghic diarrhea infected, blood-spewing mess.

I win.
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Calimbor
Novice

Post by Calimbor »

Denmark in a (small) town called Frederikshavn in Nordjylland.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Sacramento, CA
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Hallmist
Sorcerer

Post by Hallmist »

Austin, Texas.

Started reading in King of Prussia, PA. Followed it through Chicago, IL, and then down to TX
Scientists dream it up.
Engineers make it work.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

MommyDoom wrote: okokokok, I can top that. I'm 5 miles from the level 5 containment area that houses one of very few repositories for ANTHRAX and EBOLA in the US. USAMRID is on Fort Detrick, Frederick, Maryland. I get to die a hematoma-riddled, hemoraghic diarrhea infected, blood-spewing mess.

I win.
Yeah... at least I won't feel it when the bomb hits us...
Dravok
Novice

Post by Dravok »

Time for input from the true NW USA. I'm sitting in Anchorage, AK at the moment, although tomorrow night I get to board a plane back to Kandahar, Afghanistan.

Phantom wrote:Oh well i guess i'm stuck in the middle again

Bellybutton of the midwest

Omaha Nebraska here
Umm, it's not the belly button. I lived outside of Elmwood for 13 years. Nebraska is a bit further south, and on the other side of the body, from the belly button. :P
The Evil Bastard, Dravok
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

If that's the case, I live somewhere in between the legs, about mid thigh...what's up with that?!?! :twisted:
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fiferguy wrote:If that's the case, I live somewhere in between the legs, about mid thigh...what's up with that?!?! :twisted:
(aussie in-joke) -- so, it's looks somewhat like the map of Tasmania? ;)
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Spec8472 wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:If that's the case, I live somewhere in between the legs, about mid thigh...what's up with that?!?! :twisted:
(aussie in-joke) -- so, it's looks somewhat like the map of Tasmania? ;)
No comment.
MISER
Katzh-dashi

Post by MISER »

COLORADO SPRINGS COLORADO

RIGHT UNDER CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN - NORAD, NORTH OF FT CARSON SOUTH OF THE AIR FORCE ACADAMEY, WEST OF PETERSON AND SHRIEVER AIR FORCE BASE'S, AND TOWERED OVER BY PIKES PEAK.

WITH AN ACTIVE BLIZZARD OUTSIDE AT THE MOMENT, SO I AM RE-READING THE SERIES JUST FINISHING BOOK 5 LOTS OF OLD FUN HERE.
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

MommyDoom wrote:okokokok, I can top that. I'm 5 miles from the level 5 containment area that houses one of very few repositories for ANTHRAX and EBOLA in the US. USAMRID is on Fort Detrick, Frederick, Maryland. I get to die a hematoma-riddled, hemoraghic diarrhea infected, blood-spewing mess.

I win.

I dont think Carswell AFB..er... Carswell Joing Reserve Base in Ft Worth is important anymore. Especially after SAC was decommisioned and all the B-52's left with their nukes. Oh well, MommyDoom wins.
sumerianus
Talent

Post by sumerianus »

Adana, Turkiye
Dvorak
Novice

Post by Dvorak »

San Francisco, Kah-lee-4-nee-a
Taltos
Sorcerer

Post by Taltos »

Spec8472 wrote:
Taltos wrote:at last, the non-americans get their turn :D

Vienna, Austria
Man, if I knew you were there I would've given you a call some time in April.
Got myself kinda lost in Vienna -- not badly, but there were no maps or friendly looking people around.
ah, a pity...i would have loved to give you a city tour....well next time, i hope..

strange, though, normally austrians are a quite friendly folk. :?: :roll:

well, and i concur about the smörgåsbord issue....that gets me excited, too, sometimes, although i'm not a swede. lived there for half a year, though (sthlm)...

and, concerning the global-threat-scale pissing contest, i think i definitely lose. :wink: nothing of (strategic) worth to bomb in austria...well, on the other hand, that means i win, don't i? :P
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

Weresmilodon wrote:
Javna wrote:
Taltos wrote:at last, the non-americans get their turn :D

Vienna, Austria

Don't be afraid u are not alone. I'm not from the USA.

Linköping, Sweden

Info: [sweden = ABBA, Smorgosbord, Alfred Nobel, Vikings] :wink:
Not alone there..

Stöde, Sweden (And how could they bastardize Smörgåsbord like that? It hurts every time I have to read or speak it in English...)

Cant help my selft it sounds so funny when a non-swed says smorgosbord same with saying the name Björn Borg... Just sounds funny..... :twisted:
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago