So.....

Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Re: So.....

Post by Fawks »

Hmmmm....

Will you begin the book with a story about a fabled place on a map of Sennadar, with the location of Myradon being described as 'Here there be Dragons'? :wink:
Dvorak
Novice

Post by Dvorak »

Do the deities still have contact w/this pocket dimension?
Wicketklown001
Sorcerer

Post by Wicketklown001 »

Do the deities still have contact w/this pocket dimension?
I think Fel decided not to place his new book in Sennadar, so it won't be a pocket dimension. Think he's just letting us know the dragons in his new book will be very similar to the dragons in Sennadar. Of course I've been wrong before...
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

Fel wrote:Well, I didn't get any writing done today, but I did get more work done on the new story. Actually, I've managed to finally iron out the last details of the plot, and that plot is going to require a small touch of crossover with Sennadar. I now have a working plotline that will carry me completely through the first book, and well into the second (at this time, I'm sketching out either a 2 or 3 book series for Myradon).

I've decided to import just a little bit of Sennadar into the new setting...I'm telling you this now so everyone doesn't jump all over me when you read the new stuff and say "HEY!" ;)

I'm bringing the dragons over. The dragons of Myradon will be very similar to the Sennadar dragons, in abilities, mentalities, and societal structure. They just won't be quite so huge as Sapphire. ;)

I feel that this isn't a terribly large crossover, and I'm keeping faithful to my desire to keep Myradon and Sennadar separate and unique. After all, my dragons in Sennadar aren't that far off from the "standard" dragon found in many fantasy setting. The dragons of Myradon are going to be similarly, well, similar. ;)

So, I guess that's something of a spoiler already, lol...there will be dragons in the plot in the new book.

Fel, from a purely ECONOMICAL standpoint, making the two worlds in some way compatible is the smartest thing to do. You should spend some extra time making SURE THAT THEY ARE. Once you publish these new books (and boy you better publish them or you are gonna have one angry MommyDoom) you need to be able to branch off 5 years in the future and publish the Sennadar stuff that you have. Financially, it makes the most sense. Go with the new stuff first, the stuff that no one has seen and hasn't been put on the 'net, but then in the future put your Sennadar stuff up for publishing as the second, affiliated series of books.

Now you already know this, but I'm disappointed that you aren't starting OFF plublishing some Sennadar stuff... but I understand the need to start fresh. Just be smart about it. Hook your readers with the new stuff and then KEEP them by publishing related works (Sennadar). Then, you can start a brand new set 10 years down the road. Maybe even a scifi set, like Subjugation. Think long-term. Build your reader base and THEN expand on it.

<disclaimer>

I have no idea what I'm talking about. Just venting. I have no familiarity with the publishing business.

</disclaimer>

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel,

I just have one question: How many years are you going to make us wait till you have it published... you know how we get when you make us wait... :twisted:

P.S. If you need an editor, just let me know. 8)
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

I think Fel already has a perfect way for having crossovers. The Astral plane. Think how different the Elves on Pyrosia are from the base Urdani on Sennadar and that even the Dwarves have differrent gods than those who were on Sennadar. The Archon researcher in the Core talked about different types of magic in each plane. Some didn't even have magic but had "technology" gasp. That could include Subjugation.

J-Man5
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

J-Man5 wrote:I think Fel already has a perfect way for having crossovers. The Astral plane. Think how different the Elves on Pyrosia are from the base Urdani on Sennadar and that even the Dwarves have differrent gods than those who were on Sennadar. The Archon researcher in the Core talked about different types of magic in each plane. Some didn't even have magic but had "technology" gasp. That could include Subjugation.

J-Man5
Fabulous! As long as the way exists. As the matronly figure that I presume I portray to you all, I'm just trying to ensure that he's thinking ahead financially. I KNOW he thinks ahead in his writing, but I'm not sure how far ahead he thinks in terms of his own timeline. You guys worry about his writing... I tend to worry more that he's getting enough to eat. And some day might have to feed a family.

"The world steps aside for any man who knows where he is going."

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Dvorak
Novice

Post by Dvorak »

Meh, but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of writing for fun? If he decides to publish, he'd have lotsa lotsa deadlines and maybe he'd come to stop writing... I dunno, living paycheck to paycheck isn't a good thing either.
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

That's the beaty of it, he doesn't have to publish that many books just enough to get Sennadar series published. :lol: Even the worst selling author with 10 books does "ok".

MommyDoom, it's pure marketing strategy, not publishing business. :wink:

Btw, I think Astral plane is a lame crossover. It's too involved, it takes too long to explain, it was almost too much for Sennadar, and think in terms of a world without magic. It's kind of out of place.