found this funny...

RedManX
Initiate

found this funny...

Post by RedManX »

i was just looking up sample loan agreements on the web when i ran across this though i would share it.
(6) It is understood by the LOANER that the HORSE….. (examples - insert own
particulars as applicable)
- cribs and must wear a crib collar at all times except when being ridden,
- has COPD & can't be bedded down on straw,
- is allergic to penicillin,
- turns into a lunatic if galloped in company - particularly out hunting,
- throws itself in front of large or noisy lorries, buses and other vehicles
without warning,
(or anything else the BORROWER needs to know to safeguard both the
horse's health and well-being and his own.)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: found this funny...

Post by Spec8472 »

Hehe...

Got a URL for that?
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

I always love the death and dismemberment clauses... those are always fun to read. :twisted:
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Forbidder
Sorcerer

Post by Forbidder »

J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

11.3) DRAGHUNTING
11.4) Any other activities of any kind not covered under the INSURANCE

I loved this part of the contract. Can I find a horse to go Drag Hunting. Where are they bred? Can we go on an expedition to hunt dragons? I thought that most of them had already been hunted down by those pissy old knights of Europe. Got to take really well trained horses or really really stupid ones when you go DRAGHUNTING.

I like the fellow who wrote up this sample Loan Agreement. He has a sense of humor that most beaureaucrats don't. Must be a part time job while he's waitng to get his stories published or gets a call from his agent about a comedy club gig.

J-Man5
Texfire
Sorcerer

Post by Texfire »

Draghunting involves the pursuit of a pack of hounds following an artificial scent laid down by a runner or mounted rider earlier in the day.

The route usually takes the following mounted horseback riders over a variety of jumps including both Hunt built fences and natural obstacles such as stone walls, hedges, ditches and farmer's fences.

Contrary to popular belief, draghunting is not a new sport. Oxford University was one of the first to form a drag hunt closely followed by Cambridge University. The Household Brigade formed a drag hunt in 1863, the Royal Artillery at Woolwich in 1866 and the the Staff College and Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in 1869.

Many of these packs still continue and thrive today. Many additional packs have been formed during the past few decades - The North East Cheshire in 1958, the Anglesey in 1973, the Berks and Bucks in 1974 and the Saddleworth (re-established) in 1985. The last five years have seen even more packs applying for registration.
Sorry, turns out that draghunting isn't quite that exciting...
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

I had in my mind this vision of horses with exhaust pipes coming out of them and running at 200 mph... :twisted:
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fiferguy wrote:I had in my mind this vision of horses with exhaust pipes coming out of them and running at 200 mph... :twisted:
OUCH! :shock: I mean, think about it. With a horse, there are only so many places you could stick pipes out of them... and the exhaust... whince* :shock: :?

:wink: :D ~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Texfire wrote:
Draghunting involves the pursuit of a pack of hounds following an artificial scent laid down by a runner or mounted rider earlier in the day.

The route usually takes the following mounted horseback riders over a variety of jumps including both Hunt built fences and natural obstacles such as stone walls, hedges, ditches and farmer's fences.

Contrary to popular belief, draghunting is not a new sport. Oxford University was one of the first to form a drag hunt closely followed by Cambridge University. The Household Brigade formed a drag hunt in 1863, the Royal Artillery at Woolwich in 1866 and the the Staff College and Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in 1869.

Many of these packs still continue and thrive today. Many additional packs have been formed during the past few decades - The North East Cheshire in 1958, the Anglesey in 1973, the Berks and Bucks in 1974 and the Saddleworth (re-established) in 1985. The last five years have seen even more packs applying for registration.
Sorry, turns out that draghunting isn't quite that exciting...
Shame on you for bursting my imaginary bubble. I was really hoping for Dragon Hunting expeditions.

J-Man5
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

michaelsuave wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:I had in my mind this vision of horses with exhaust pipes coming out of them and running at 200 mph... :twisted:
OUCH! :shock: I mean, think about it. With a horse, there are only so many places you could stick pipes out of them... and the exhaust... whince* :shock: :?

And where's your mind? I saw the pipes coming out from the flanks, behind the saddle.. where were yours coming out? :twisted:
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fiferguy wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:

And where's your mind? I saw the pipes coming out from the flanks, behind the saddle.. where were yours coming out? :twisted:
Why the only place that "exhaust" comes out of a horse of course.

A horse is a horse of course of course and no one can talk to a horse of course, unless the horse you're talking to is the famous Mr. Ed. I am MR. ED .... "helloooo wilbur!"

~Michael 8)

Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Or unless your a psionic... it's not as easy as reading humans...but still possible. :twisted:
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Fiferguy wrote:Or unless your a psionic... it's not as easy as reading humans...but still possible. :twisted:
Usually horses are more conversational than humans. They are also very up on current events.

J-Man5
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

J-Man5 wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:Or unless your a psionic... it's not as easy as reading humans...but still possible. :twisted:
Usually horses are more conversational than humans. They are also very up on current events.

J-Man5
And they smell better....
RedManX
Initiate

Post by RedManX »

when i saw this for some reason i pictured a horse whereing a dress :P