Question - Axe of the Dwarven King Ch. 14/21 - SPOILERS

Dragon63
Talent

Question - Axe of the Dwarven King Ch. 14/21 - SPOILERS

Post by Dragon63 »

Whew! After 10 days of solid reading, I've finished Firestaff & Pyrosian, and while I have a bunch of questions, there's one that's kinda buggin' me:

In Axe Ch. 14, when Triana and Sapphire "finish" Tarrin's Druid education, Triana lays TWO tasks upon him... first, to figure out on his own how to do her "dimensional walking", and second, to create a five-layer Druid spell.

In Ch. 21, he creates that 4/3 layer spell for the animal speech, and creates the 9-layer spell of teleportation... but he never does figure out Triana's "dimensional walking" spell. And apparently both Triana and Sapphire are both so flabbergasted by his teleportation spell that they seem to forget about that first part of Tarrin's Druidic "final exam."

Continuity problem, or did I just miss something?

A minor nit, in Axe Ch. 4 (I think), when Tarrin meets Allia's parents, and spars with her father, Allia's mother's name seems to "bounce" back and forth between "Kaila" and "Kaira"... so much so that I couldn't figure out which one is correct.

Dave
anxiously awaiting more, and thinking Mother Wynne is an incarnation of Aiyise (sp?), the All-Mother Elder God of Sennadar, and thinking that the "Barmaid" is Fara'Nae, the Selani Holy Mother.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: Question - Axe of the Dwarven King Ch. 14/21 - SPOILERS

Post by Hearly »

Dragon63 wrote: Dave
anxiously awaiting more, and thinking Mother Wynne is an incarnation of Aiyise (sp?), the All-Mother Elder God of Sennadar, and thinking that the "Barmaid" is Fara'Nae, the Selani Holy Mother.
No, Mother Wynee is either the GOG (god of Gods) or an agent for him, Ayise(sp?) doesn't have the power to control a Solar in the the manner that Wynne did, also She's against Tarrin coming home..
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Yah well, that's the danger of the kind of writing I do.

I release chapters often without editing them...often without even spellchecking them. What you get is the raw material. ;)

The "Kaira" instances are typos. Her name is Kaila. The Kaira instances are because I get stuck in little loops and consistently misspell some words, and like I said I often release chapters with no editing at all. ;)

The dimension walk issue is actually the victim of the evil edit button. That's a known error on my part. The paragraph that references to him working out that spell was cut in one of my purges, where I decide I don't like large blocks of a chapter, axe it all, then start over. And since I wrote about that already, I think it's in the chapter, where actually I've edited it out, and then release the chapter without the material. I've done it before, and I'll do it again. ;)

That's not the first "edit axe" error. The birth of the fifth sui'kun happened during the battle of Suld, which in turn triggered the awakening of the Firestaff, but that too got axed and was left out.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

That just means you have no excuse to making us wait longer for a new chapter!!!!! :twisted:
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fiferguy wrote:That just means you have no excuse to making us wait longer for a new chapter!!!!! :twisted:
I second the motion 8)
Dragon63
Talent

Post by Dragon63 »

Fel,

Thanks for the response. Yeah, typos can be a pain-in-the-butt, especially when you get into those little mental "loops."

From some other posts, I kind of suspected the "dimension walk" thing may have been a victim of the editing axe, as you said, but wasn't sure.

Dave
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Fel wrote: That's not the first "edit axe" error. The birth of the fifth sui'kun happened during the battle of Suld, which in turn triggered the awakening of the Firestaff, but that too got axed and was left out.
I always wondered why it decided to appear all of a sudden like that.

Care to post the axed part for us?
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

We'll even take chapters that aren't quite finished yet, too... :wink:
Dragon63
Talent

Post by Dragon63 »

One other little thing... I've seen posts relating to the two different names for Allia's inu pet, most of which say that 'Kedaira" means "talon" in Selani.

However, in Axe Chapter 1:
The problem was, the herd animals upon which the Selani depended were deathly afraid of Allia's little pet, which she had named Kedaira, which meant loyal in Selani.
And how does one get to the "error lists" in the Sennadar wiki? I can't seem to find a navigation link or button for it... or do I have to register separately for that?
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

If you go here: http://wiki.sennadar.plebian.net/index. ... ng_Started

Go to the bottom of the page, and it tells you how you can register and contribute.