updatish things

Fel
Weavespinner

updatish things

Post by Fel »

Well, after getting about 12 pages into the "next" chapter, I decided to push that chapter back and make it a later chapter. So, I'm gonna shelve that one and work on the "new" next chapter.

The down side is it'll be a bit longer til the next chapter comes live.

The up side is that that when I release that chapter, it will be much faster. ;)

Just FYI, I intended to break away from Tarrin and let everyone catch up with the happenings on Pyrosia, but then I realized that cutting Tarrin's section off right now kinda wasn't a good idea, given the significant events that are looming in the near future. But hey, at least I'm 12 pages ahead when I do finally go to that section.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: updatish things

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:Well, after getting about 12 pages into the "next" chapter, I decided to push that chapter back and make it a later chapter. So, I'm gonna shelve that one and work on the "new" next chapter.

The down side is it'll be a bit longer til the next chapter comes live.

The up side is that that when I release that chapter, it will be much faster. ;)

Just FYI, I intended to break away from Tarrin and let everyone catch up with the happenings on Pyrosia, but then I realized that cutting Tarrin's section off right now kinda wasn't a good idea, given the significant events that are looming in the near future. But hey, at least I'm 12 pages ahead when I do finally go to that section.
Thanks For the update fel.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Fel,

If you had posted this on April 1st I'd worry more. All I can say is I hope that the creative juices flow freely for you. Let those chapters roll!!!!!!

J-Man5
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

J-Man5 wrote:Fel,

If you had posted this on April 1st I'd worry more. All I can say is I hope that the creative juices flow freely for you. Let those chapters roll!!!!!!

J-Man5
No, his April 1 post should have been to the point of he was shelving all 4 current storylines for a brandnew story, and he wasn't going to pick them back up until his new story was done.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Lochar wrote:No, his April 1 post should have been to the point of he was shelving all 4 current storylines for a brandnew story, and he wasn't going to pick them back up until his new story was done.
Now thats so evil its no wonder your title is Bodak. I don't think evil overlords would even be that cruel. But you better beware of giving him ideas Lochar. He just might carry them out. And then we'd only have you to blame.

J-Man5
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Lochar wrote:No, his April 1 post should have been to the point of he was shelving all 4 current storylines for a brandnew story, and he wasn't going to pick them back up until his new story was done.
Err... I think it'd be worse if he'd posted something like:

Well, there's good news, and there's bad news.

The good news is that I've been signed by a well known publisher. I can't tell you their name as yet though, they need to organise their PR people first. They offered me a contract that was really just too good to pass up. I get to continue in my current studies, and they'll pay for them. The contract they've offered has meant I can pay off my student loans within the next 6-12 months (depending on how well I save).

This also means those of you who've been eager to get a copy of the Sennadar books in print, will be able to do so -- and they will even have good cover art! We expect to have these released one at a time, one every 6-12 months (lots of editing required).

The bad news is that I won't be able to keep the current free books online. The publisher has said thats non-negotiable, and well, with what they're offering me - it's hard to pass up.

So, as of Today, April 1, 2006 - I'll be contacting the site managers of all the mirror sites and asking them to take the sites down.
I'd also appreciate those of you who have downloaded copies, to please delete any copies you have. You'll be able to buy an electronic version shortly after the books have been released.

See, now that would've stopped some hearts I think ;)
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Spec8472 wrote:

The good news is that I've been signed by a well known publisher. I can't tell you their name as yet though, they need to organise their PR people first. They offered me a contract that was really just too good to pass up. I get to continue in my current studies, and they'll pay for them. The contract they've offered has meant I can pay off my student loans within the next 6-12 months (depending on how well I save).

This also means those of you who've been eager to get a copy of the Sennadar books in print, will be able to do so -- and they will even have good cover art! We expect to have these released one at a time, one every 6-12 months (lots of editing required).

The bad news is that I won't be able to keep the current free books online. The publisher has said thats non-negotiable, and well, with what they're offering me - it's hard to pass up.

So, as of Today, April 1, 2006 - I'll be contacting the site managers of all the mirror sites and asking them to take the sites down.
I'd also appreciate those of you who have downloaded copies, to please delete any copies you have. You'll be able to buy an electronic version shortly after the books have been released.

OMG don't even joke like that. Though I'd be happy for Fel if it did happen.

J-Man5
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Spec8472 wrote:

Now that you've mentioned it, Fel needs to come confirm it. Just to mess with some people.

Much better than my idea.

Or, as a setup for next year, Fel could introduce a new account as his wife/g-friend/sig other. Then next April 1, post from it saying that Fel's caught some wierd disease and can't post ever again. Right before the last chapter to either Sub. or Demon's Bane.

Support my brother.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

I don't know... something along the lines of "I lost The Notebook," or "I lost all my backups, and have to re-write the whole series," would be just as bad. Of course, we get to have all the fun over again. :twisted:
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Fiferguy wrote:I don't know... something along the lines of "I lost The Notebook," or "I lost all my backups, and have to re-write the whole series," would be just as bad. Of course, we get to have all the fun over again. :twisted:
Lost the notebook is concieveable, and would be horrible.

Lost the backups isn't quite possible. Between all of us, we've got several copies of every story. He couldn't permanently lose those if he tried.

Support my brother.
MISER
Katzh-dashi

Post by MISER »

ARGGHH CHARLIE BROWN.........

DONT YOU PEOPLE HAVE ANY GOOD FANTASIES?
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

MISER wrote:ARGGHH CHARLIE BROWN.........

DONT YOU PEOPLE HAVE ANY GOOD FANTASIES?
Sure, a time machine, the winning lotto numbers, and the finished chapters of Fel's books.

Good things don't happen though.

Support my brother.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Lochar wrote:
Now that you've mentioned it, Fel needs to come confirm it. Just to mess with some people.

Much better than my idea.

Or, as a setup for next year, Fel could introduce a new account as his wife/g-friend/sig other. Then next April 1, post from it saying that Fel's caught some wierd disease and can't post ever again. Right before the last chapter to either Sub. or Demon's Bane.

SHUT UP!
Dont even JOKE that!!! Thats just to horrifying to even think about! :shock:

Fawks
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Positive 1st April joke:

Fel announces that Baen Publishing has proposed to publish his finished Firestaff Series, with Fel retaining online/electronic publication laws, and that in a month we would be able to buy a paper version of Firestaff Series books.

I wish... :sight:
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Mandorin
Novice

Post by Mandorin »

Does Baen even accept unsolicited manuscripts?