A true Firestaff god versus The One

Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Re: A true Firestaff god versus The One

Post by Fiferguy »

Halcyon wrote:So Tarrin would have to do something with the All that's beyond his limits to kill him.
I'm not sure. Remember in the final part of Axe where she says if he comes back they may have to take steps... She REALLY doesn't want him back. So, just like Niami cheats sometimes, I think that Ayise could cheat too...
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Post by Were_Fan »

Texfire wrote:Just to throw a little gasoline on the fire, if Tarrin ends up a god then why not Niami as the ying to his yang? :)

Tex
Niami has already said she may take Tarrin to her plane to "give him his reward". <snicker> However, a few other female gods may have the hots for Tarrin and that includes Niami's "mom". Plus, you can add a few Were cattettes to the harem list. Don't forget Mother Wynn's assistant, whatever she may be. If you remember, she was disappointed that Tarrin didn't remember her. Yow! What a cat fight if they all start scratching eyes over who gets Tarrin next!

--
Jim/Were Fan
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Fiferguy wrote:
Lochar wrote:The problem with that is, not even those few that Spyder was friends with were allowed outside the Gateroom. I don't think she'd be allowed to bend the rules for him.
I don't think she'd have to. Remember, when Tarrin was acting as the Gatekeeper, he could use druidic magic in the gate room. So he could just Summon his body to himself.

I wonder though, is Druidic magic--the touching of Ayise's power--like priest spells that require blessing, or that don't? Cause if it does, Ayise could fry him with it, but if not, he might get away with it.

Fifer
If I remember right, Fel said that since the Druids are literally touching Aiyse's power, she has final control over it. If Tarrin touched the All of Sennadar, Aiyse could force the All to go through him too much and destroy him.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi

Post by Halcyon »

Lochar wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:
Lochar wrote:The problem with that is, not even those few that Spyder was friends with were allowed outside the Gateroom. I don't think she'd be allowed to bend the rules for him.
I don't think she'd have to. Remember, when Tarrin was acting as the Gatekeeper, he could use druidic magic in the gate room. So he could just Summon his body to himself.

I wonder though, is Druidic magic--the touching of Ayise's power--like priest spells that require blessing, or that don't? Cause if it does, Ayise could fry him with it, but if not, he might get away with it.

Fifer
If I remember right, Fel said that since the Druids are literally touching Aiyse's power, she has final control over it. If Tarrin touched the All of Sennadar, Aiyse could force the All to go through him too much and destroy him.
I guess it's possible, but we'll just have to wait and see. :wink:
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

I guess in the grand scheme of things, Fel will once again surprise us with what he's going to do. He has a habit of doing that, and then leaving us hanging waiting on the next update.. it's how he keeps our foaming mouths from coming after him... :twisted:
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi

Post by Halcyon »

Fiferguy wrote:I guess in the grand scheme of things, Fel will once again surprise us with what he's going to do. He has a habit of doing that, and then leaving us hanging waiting on the next update.. it's how he keeps our foaming mouths from coming after him... :twisted:
Foaming mouths, huh? You might want to get that checked out. :D
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Halcyon wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:I guess in the grand scheme of things, Fel will once again surprise us with what he's going to do. He has a habit of doing that, and then leaving us hanging waiting on the next update.. it's how he keeps our foaming mouths from coming after him... :twisted:
Foaming mouths, huh? You might want to get that checked out. :D
I did. Unfortunately, the doctor said the only cure was more of what caused it.

See Fel, I've got a doctor's perscription for more. You wouldn't argue with a doctor, would you?

Support my brother.
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Post by Were_Fan »

Lochar wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:

Fifer
Trying to kill Tarrin witl All could be an enormous, devastating mistake. Tarrin is Mishara plus god plus Werecat and something REALLY, REALLY, REALLY BAD bad could happen. I surely wouldn't want to be on Sennadar if Aiyse tried to "overdose" Tarrin on All.

I suspect a battle would be more dramatic than Tarrin creating a Weave on Pyrosia, Tarrin's battle with Val or the Blood War. Thinking back to Firestaff, all the Sennadar gods would band together to defeat a Firestaff god since the "regular" gods power is limited in the physical plane. Tarrin is a "wild card". That is why many of the Sennadar gods are in a tizzy fit about Tarrin returning to Sennadar.

What kind of destruction would be unleashed in Tarrin vs Sennadar gods? What if Tarrin taps the All energy of Pyrosia? Niami was amazed when Tarrin created the Pyrosian weave. Sennadar gods: Be afraid! Be VERY afraid of riling the Were God.

--
Jim/Were Fan
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I didn't say it was smart, I was just saying it was possible for Aiyse to do that.

Support my brother.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

So is it a bad thing that I can't remember how many times I've read the series? What if I'm currently reading it again?

I've found that re-reading the books over again helps with the withdrawl... you know... shakes, foaming at the mouth..etc..

Fifer
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi

Post by Halcyon »

Fiferguy wrote:So is it a bad thing that I can't remember how many times I've read the series? What if I'm currently reading it again?

I've found that re-reading the books over again helps with the withdrawl... you know... shakes, foaming at the mouth..etc..

Fifer
Well I guess it's good something helps, otherwise your condition might worsen. Then who would be able to understand the postings of a raving, foamy-mouthed lunatic?
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Halcyon wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:So is it a bad thing that I can't remember how many times I've read the series? What if I'm currently reading it again?

Fifer
Well I guess it's good something helps, otherwise your condition might worsen. Then who would be able to understand the postings of a raving, foamy-mouthed lunatic?
You seem to understand my posts well enough.

Support my brother.
Bodak
Novice

Post by Bodak »

Tarrin does not need the firestaff his sword is a mini firestaff because the welder has control the power of a god but is not a god.
There is not an end without a begining.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Where did we suggest he needs to get the Firestaff again?

Support my brother.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Hmm... I do wonder if the item Tarrin needs to go to Sennadar for is the Firestaff him^W itself... Nah
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")