Merry Winter-een-mas / etc.

Spec8472
Weavespinner

Merry Winter-een-mas / etc.

Post by Spec8472 »

Well, it's nearly midday, about 30C out side, the air-conditioning is on.
The potatoes are in the oven, and we're getting ready to sit down to Christmas Lunch (in lieu of Christmas Dinner).

To everyone, wherever you are, best wishes for a pleasant and relatively stress-free day (even if you do have relatives coming over).
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Re: Merry Winter-een-mas / etc.

Post by J-Man5 »

Just for the rest of us non-celcius using people your temp in F was/is 86 F. Seems strange to most of us to have to wear shorts for Christmas. Though in South Texas you could either freeze and have snow all the way to deep South Texas like Brownsville and Corpus Christi (last year) or have a warm spell like we are having.

Today was about 74 F or 23.3 C for those outside the US. Not bad for a December day in South Texas. I may reach as high as 80 F (26.6 C) by Tuesday. Just had a nice turkey dinner. Grilled a couple of turkey breasts on the BBQ and had some nice stuffing, potatoes and cranberry dressing. Now I'm all sleepy. zzzzzzz. Hope all have a nice and safe and fun filled holiday. Now on to the desserts!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: They are all mine!!! Muhahahahahahaha!!!!!

J-Man5

p.s. Calories don't count during the Christmas holiday season right?
COOOOKKKIIIEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Message sponsored by Cookie Monster and Krispy Kreme.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

I be stuffed right now.

Mmmm, Korean Barbequeued beef steaks. Baked "hasselback" style pontiac potatos. Crispy noodle and cabbage salad. Tomato, basil and fetta salad too (served in good quality olive oil). Oh, and there was a beetroot, cheese and (something) salad too.

Followed up with home made Trifle: apricot jam ("jelly" to you americans) spread onto sponge and doused with peach liqueur, and covered in custard. Served with jelly (the kind made with gelatine) with fresh cherries, and other "fruits of the forest".

Yeah, it's summer here :) No real slaving away in a hot kitchen making a roast lunch/dinner.
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

:evil: Spec, I envy you! I'm here in Shanghai, missing 7 weeks of good ol' Australian summer :cry: !
At least now I can say I've had a cold Christmas, unfortunately (or luckly) no snow in Shanghai. Was a nice day, got up to 12C, which is a high since winter appeared a few weeks ago.
Don't know what's for Chirstmas dinner but I can give a guess that it would either be Chinese food or Pizza. Not exactly the traditional fare I usually get (ham and salad) but then again I'm not in my usual place, wherever that is!

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas!
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

I can tell you one thing that was the most interesting Christmas dinner: a kebab thing and m&ms. Probably the first time I haven't stuffed myself silly. Hope you all had a great Christmas.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Well I just got back from my parents. Played with their new puppy and stuffed myself on slow cooked smoked BBQ brisket. YUMMMMMMM!!!! Had some brownies and watched Fantastic Four. I think its funny how all my old comic books are coming to the big screen then the little screen. Another exceptionally warm day. I think I'm gonna go doze in front of the TV for a while. The wife got sick and so I got her some chick flick movies. So I need to go replace the box of tissues for both her sneezing and her crying. Later all. Till next year-remember it's who has the most toys who wins!!!!!!

J-Man5
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Post by Were_Fan »

Journeywoman wrote:I can tell you one thing that was the most interesting Christmas dinner: a kebab thing and m&ms. Probably the first time I haven't stuffed myself silly. Hope you all had a great Christmas.
Was it "Monkey on a stick?" <LOL>

Here's a litle cheerful light show. Don't know if I've posted this yet. Trying to cut down on coffee and my memory is worse than usual. My avatar is a picture of one of my 22 oz. coffee mugs. I usually drink several a day.

http://media.putfile.com/Wizards-of-Win ... mas-Lights

--
Jim
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

Were_Fan wrote:
Journeywoman wrote:I can tell you one thing that was the most interesting Christmas dinner: a kebab thing and m&ms. Probably the first time I haven't stuffed myself silly. Hope you all had a great Christmas.
Was it "Monkey on a stick?" <LOL>
No it was a middle eastern type kebab: hamburger bun with meat mixed with letuce, onion and tomato. Yummy. Actually what I had tonight as well, but tonight ironically I had some sort of meat on stick too.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Little late, but... from the Clan of the Cats online comic:

I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")