In what format do you read FelBooks (poll)?

In what format do ypu read FelBooks?

DOC (MS Word)
43%
HTML
51%
RTF
4%
PDF
2%
plain text
No votes

Total votes: 53

Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

In what format do you read FelBooks (poll)?

Post by Shadowhawk »

In what format do you read, or in what format would you like to read works by Fel? If there is some format you want to read in, or some format you do convert the stories to, add a comment (reply).
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Re: In what format do you read FelBooks (poll)?

Post by J-Man5 »

I also then convert the file fromn HTML to Isilo format to read on the go with my PocketPC (http://www.isilo.com and http://www.isilox.com) I currently have all of the Books up to Demons Bane in a 7 MB file that has hyperlinks in it to take with me on the road when traveling or waiting somewhere.
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

I read them in .doc format if I'm at my own computer, or the HTML online if I'm on someone else's computer. It's nice to be able to have both.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Post by Were_Fan »

Wildcat wrote:I read them in .doc format if I'm at my own computer, or the HTML online if I'm on someone else's computer. It's nice to be able to have both.
Kind of do the same thing here but like to use doc so I can enlarege the typeface. When eyestrain from too much screen reading starts to bother me, I convert the doc file to Times New Roman 14, reformat to two columns and print on the laser.
--
Jim
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Were_Fan wrote:Kind of do the same thing here but like to use doc so I can enlarege the typeface.
With any decent web browser (Mozilla/Firefox, Opera, probably Konqueror; I don't know about IE and derivatives) you can enlarge the font size and/or enlarge the page. Besides, I think that at least for newer converted chapters the default size is quite sane.

And I don't mean changing base font size globally, but change it per webpage (View/Text Zoom in Mozilla/Firefox, or Ctrl-+/-; -/+ in Opera if I am not mistaken).
Last edited by Shadowhawk on Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Post by Were_Fan »

Shadowhawk wrote:
Were_Fan wrote:Kind of do the same thing here but like to use doc so I can enlarege the typeface.
With any decent web browser (Mozilla/Firefox, Opera, probably Konqueror; I don't know about IE and derivatives) you can enlarge the font size and/or enlarge the page. Besides, I think that at least for newer converted chapters the default size is quite sane.
I don't usually have a problem with default fonts. However, when I do extended reading such as reading all the Tarrin stories over a month or so, eyestrain becomes a problem. If I screw with browser font sizes, some web sites become unreadable. It is SO much easier on my 50 year old eyes to read from a printed page under an old fashioned incandescent lamp. :-)

--
Jim
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

HTML on a PC and Isilo in my mobile
soyboy78
Talent

Post by soyboy78 »

I use the HTML and have a great reader called uBook that reads HTML Richtext, even if they are zipped! I can't seem to get confortable when I read on the PC so the Pocket PC is the best choice for me. 8)
thisandthat
Sorcerer

Post by thisandthat »

I use HTML.
I also use Note Tab to strip the old HTML out re post to my own server with my own HTML with the nice backgrounds and working links to each page.
Using Firefox I can zoom the text to as big or little as I want.