Thoughts and ideas on  Ch. 17 - HEAVY SPOILERS

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Thoughts and ideas on  Ch. 17 - HEAVY SPOILERS

Post by Lochar »

Alright. First things first.

Tarrin died. The only thing different is, Tarrin died MORTAL. Thus his soul was not destroyed. And if we remember, way back Niami collected the soul trap that Tarrin created for himself.

Also, Tarrin gave out many different items that were brought back to Sennadar. We know that one was Dolanna's soultrap, should she die. The others were his sharaem and cat's claws, but you know there had to have been more to that than met the eye.

Ch. 16
If I survive the initial encounter, then there wont be any need for Dolanna, and shell come home. If I dontwell, Dolanna will be here until Bragg completes his task.
She's going to make it home, one way or another then.

Also, if nothing else, there are extra Sui'kun in Sennadar. One can come to Pyrosia and finish Tarrin's work and bridge Pyrosia and Sennadar so that it doesn't require a mortal as the lead in the Heart of Pyrosia.

One question though. If the Demon Lord leaves to heal himself, when he comes back will he be forced into his old created body, or will he be able to create a new body, immune to the new rules?

Or will he just withdraw to a far distant part of the planet far away from the new Conduit so that Dolanna can't draw enough power to blow him away.

Ch. 16
He had given his children the Cats Claws and his precious shaeramand that was what needed to be done. They would be needed later, but they could not help him in what was coming.
He's got a plan even though he died.
Last edited by Lochar on Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: Thoughts and ideas on  Ch. 17 - HEAVY SPOILERS

Post by Hearly »

While I was getting ready for bed, I thought of a few things...

Tarrin can't be dead, If he was there would be No suikun left on Pyro to support the conduct   Dolanna is standing in.. (per the rules from Sennadar which I'd assume Niami would copy from her creation to the new Weave)

Either his sword or his Shadow have his soul, If his shadow has his soul, does the shadow become Tarrin?
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

lochar wrote:Alright. First things first.
Tarrin died. The only thing different is, Tarrin died MORTAL. Thus his soul was not destroyed. And if we remember, way back Niami collected the soul trap that Tarrin created for himself.
What I'm wondering is if the sword was repared would the godly power revive Tarrin since it's power is linked to him?
Or on a related note will the power even revive within the sword with him dead?
lochar wrote:Or will he just withdraw to a far distant part of the planet far away from the new Conduit so that Dolanna can't draw enough power to blow him away.
I would say no because right now I would think Dolanna is the weave, like Niami is the weave so whe would be able to affect it no matter where he is on the planet. And plus the shadow's still out there, if your planning a long term seige the last thing I would do is wait round in harms way.

This question is on demonic powers. Specifically on telepathy, is it one of their powers because if not the Demon Lord could not ans back in the quote or do other stuff within the chapter.
All your power and all your intelligence, and you forget the basics, Tarrin said with an evil, slight smile. This shadow inhibits the powers of any Demon in its proximity. Its part of his very nature.  You may be a Demon Lord, you may have power equal to a god, but your power is still based on your Demonic nature, and because of that, even you are subject to my shadows ability to block a Demons power.  He pointed his sword at the Demon Lord.  There he is, Bane.  Go get him.
     Without a word, without any sound, the hazy silhouette started walking forward, directly towards the Demon Lord.
     That gruesome face was amazed and shocked, and then it laughed, a hideous sound.   Well done!  it complemented.  ShazBaket was not lying
~~~~
btw: lol at the new post count level names ;D.
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

A Demon's telepathy isn't a power based on magic, it's a natural ability, thus the shadow can't interfere with it.

The shadow only inhibits a Demon's MAGIC.  When it's near, it acts like a blocking hand that gets between a Demon and the source of its magical power...that's why it could even block the Demon Lord.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
hawkstarr
Initiate

Post by hawkstarr »

And I just think that we might have a new elder god on our hands. ::Grins::
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of leaves that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

On another track: Wasnt the next book name Demon Bane? Isn't it the name that Tarrin gave to it's shadow?

My bet goes to Tarrin soul joining his shadow and the next book will be about him in his shadow form chasing demons arround Pyrosia  ;)

P.S. One radical possibility: Niami leaves Sennadar and comes to Pyrosia  ;D
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

fel wrote:A Demon's telepathy isn't a power based on magic, it's a natural ability, thus the shadow can't interfere with it.

The shadow only inhibits a Demon's MAGIC. When it's near, it acts like a blocking hand that gets between a Demon and the source of its magical power...that's why it could even block the Demon Lord.
Thanks for the explinataion :).
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

some questions that i hope someone might have answears to:

Could a kind soul refresh my memory about the sword that Tarrin gave to his shadow?
The only "other" sword i remember Tarrin keeping is the one used that inflict wound who don't heal. Is it that one?

And if yes, what will be it's effect on demons, beside being a weapon made in another world?

Who changed the sword when the shadow wielded it? And why change it?

The wizard spell that Tarrin cast on Dolanna changed her body (i think). Shouldn't her sorcery be affected, like when she crossed over?
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

zedd wrote:  some questions that i hope someone might have answears to:

Could a kind soul refresh my memory about the sword that Tarrin gave to his shadow?
The only "other" sword i remember Tarrin keeping is the one used that inflict wound who don't heal. Is it that one?

And if yes, what will be it's effect on demons, beside being a weapon made in another world?

Who changed the sword when the shadow wielded it? And why change it?

The wizard spell that Tarrin cast on Dolanna changed her body (i think). Shouldn't her sorcery be affected, like when she crossed over?

The sword Tarrin gave to his shadow was Tsukatta's sword which he threw into the Astral Plane.

Since it's not Jegojah's sword, it's just like the black bladed sword was originally.  It'll hurt demons, but it's normal in every other regard.

Don't remember the sword being changed.

Tarrin has an extensive knowledge of both Sorcery and other magics.  He could probably transmute Dolanna and not have her lose her magical abilities.  You have to remember also, she drank were-cat blood as well.  While she didn't change, she did gain the abilities, which most likely includes the increased magical power one.

Support my brother.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

zedd wrote: The wizard spell that Tarrin cast on Dolanna changed her body (i think). Shouldn't her sorcery be affected, like when she crossed over?

Ah but wasn't the wizard spell called Wish - And it required that a God grant the wish.  So it was more like wizard magic petitioning the God.  I think it's a Wizard version of a Priest spell.  Since a God granted it It could possibly bypass the transmutation effect.

J-Man5
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Yep, the sword changes:
A spectral paw, like a Wraiths version of a Were-cats paw, slowly appeared from within the rock.  The dark fingers closed around the hilt of the sword, and then the form of the shadow, misty and indistinct, rose up from the rock, taking on a humanoid form.  Two glowing green slits appeared where the head would be, forming the eyes, and that spectral image hefted the sword in both paws, holding it low and ready.  The sword in its paws then slowly expanded, grew longer, the blade turned dark, until it was a perfect replica of the weapon in Tarrins grip.
and it's not Tsukatta sword:

Well, this wont take quite that much, he chuckled.  At my home is a sword that looks almost exactly like this one, just smaller, he said, producing his sword from the elsewhere and presenting it.  Mist knows where I keep my weapons, she can show you.  I want you to get that sword, get in touch with Spyder, and have her take you to Haven.
     What do I do with it when I reach Haven? he asked.
     Throw it into the gate, he answered.

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

zedd wrote: Yep, the sword changes:

and it's not Tsukatta sword:

Ah, ok.  It's the sword that Jenna had made for Tarrin while he was indisposed with the curse of being human. LOL

And it looks as if it was changed to just be another copy of Tarrin's sword, as it was too small for his shadow.  Hmm...  since it's now a replica of the Artifact sword, wonder if it might take on the powers of the godly sword and that's why it was able to be broken...
Last edited by Lochar on Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Support my brother.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

I was under the impression that the sword Tarrin asked for was his "spare" sword. The one Jenna gave him as a gift when he was human. The one made by the Dal smith in Suld, and enchanted by Jenna.
Anyone remember which enchantment was put in it?

EDIT: I just found the chapter where this sword is explained:
 The first was a sword, an absolutely magnificent  slightly curved sword whose pommel and hilt were worked to resemble a dragon.  Tarrin looked very closely at that hilt, and he realized that Sapphire had been the model for the hilt.  He recognized the general shape of the head, which served as the pommel.  Tarrin picked up the sword and unsheathed it, and saw that it was sharpened only along one edge.  The blade was very thin and almost unnaturally light, and drawing the entire weapon revealed that it had a chisel-style tip instead of a point.  This was no thrusting sword, it was designed to slash.  And the edge looked sharp enough to be able to slice through armor.
     "It was based on the sword you used as a Were-cat," Jenna explained with bright eyes.  "Just a little smaller, so you can use it as you are."
"The sword was enchanted as well.  It can cut through virtually anything, and the blade is made of Adamantite, which means that I don't think there's anything you could do to it to break it.  That sword will go right through the magical defense of the bracers, so testing the bracers with it is not a good idea," she winked.
When i was reading chapter 17 i was thinking of Jegojah sword, but i didn't see why that sword was any good for killing demons (beside being from another world). Now Jenna sword, with this enchantment makes a lot more sense.
Last edited by zedd on Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.