Weavespinner

Re: Tarrin dilemma  (might be SPOILER)

Post by Greymist »

Nope  ;D
questforgodhood
Talent

Post by questforgodhood »

I think there are a couple of things to this.

1) The Firestaff is NOT with him. remember the Firestaff is a creation of Sennadar and refused to leave it when Tarrin went into Pylonasia.

2) Since only his soul is a creation of Firestaff(or aleast altered by it), Tarrin could be killed by the Gods. But I really dont know whether Gods could kill their followers with a thought. Even for that Niami should agree.

3) Even if the Elder Gods manage to kill him without upsetting the Balance...I wonder what they plan to do the next time the Firestaff gets activated? Would they keep it  locked away like this time or would they give it to someone else's safe keeping? Like Spyder?
rick
Sorcerer

Post by rick »

As i understand it .The Firestaff is an artifact of the one god loaned  to the mother-goddest to aid in the creation of Senndar and everything related to it. It has on severl occasions shown signs of independent thought and having it`s own plans .what if it dosen`t allow Tarrin to step down as a god or to depart Senndar permently? It might of interfered with Tarrins plan to survive the fight with Val by Creating a Demi-god out of Tarrin . The "One God" might even of planed this to allow a (wild card so to speak) to prevent the world and people of Senndar  growing stagnet.Also if the Staff is alive it might of gotten board sitting locked up in a vault or cave .etc. and decide that beconected with a weircat was a lot mor intresting.and decided to keep Tarrin around.
My mind is a terrable thing to leave empty, It comes up with weird things to fill the empty places.
Dart
Talent

Post by Dart »

Book 1 Chapter 20 middle of the chapter

(Quote from Niami)
The Firestaff is an ancient artifact, kitten, from a time before the Blood War.  It was created so long ago that there is nothing left of those who made it, and all history of them has been lost over the ages.  It holds the power of creation inside it, an echo of the power that Ayise used when she created the world.  If someone were to hold that staff on a certain day, and at a certain time, that power would be imbued upon the holder, and he would become a god.  That day comes every five thousand years.  And that day is approaching us soon, my kitten.  Right now, half of the people on Sennadar are scrambling to find that staff, dreaming of immortality and godhood.  But most of them don't realize the terrible price that they'll have to pay, and the damage it will do to the world.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

rick wrote:What if it [firestaff] doesn`t allow Tarrin to step down as a god or to depart Senndar permently?
Because of that the Firestaff is what it is, I think it cannot (it is not possible) for it to abandon Sennadar. So it can't go to Pyrosia to get Tarrin. Opening the portal against the will of the Gods, though...
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
MechCraft
Initiate

Post by MechCraft »

because Tarrin is a demigod wouldnt he have the right to appeal to the GODS god.

tarrin could ask for the devine element of his being to be locked away until dire emergancy. like when he kill shadow bane. he did have devine powers, but was unaware that he had them.

if the gods of sennadar agreed and prayed to their god and for tarrin to be in agreement he could have the devine part of his being locked away and only be released if and when his patron naimai or aise deemed it nessary to release it. that way he could return to sennadar, but if the s**t hit the fan the gods have a wildcard to add to the mix.
When the world bows before you, dont forget to wipe your feet.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

mechcraft wrote:because Tarrin is a demigod wouldnt he have the right to appeal to the GODS god.

tarrin could ask for the devine element of his being to be locked away until dire emergancy. like when he kill shadow bane. he did have devine powers, but was unaware that he had them.

if the gods of sennadar agreed and prayed to their god and for tarrin to be in agreement he could have the devine part of his being locked away and only be released if and when his patron naimai or aise deemed it nessary to release it. that way he could return to sennadar, but if the s**t hit the fan the gods have a wildcard to add to the mix.

I don't see that as fair in anyway for Tarrin, Tarrin is what the "gods" created, they knew about Val's shadow, they let it continue until it could pose a threat, then they agree with Niami to allow Tarrin to go and return then decide after the fact that he can't come back.. To me that shows what the "word" of a God means..

Now to resolve the situation, Tarrin is still a "child of the Firestaff" but his mortal body was rebuilt by Niami, he should allow Niami to "insert" something into his being that would Kill him if he did break the balance as the other gods are scared of, but Only Niami should have access to this...

Edit: wrong word... :P
Last edited by Hearly on Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

****Storyline Spoiler (which Fel hasn't even written yet)****
The below is enclosed in horrible tags to make reading it harder so you don't accidentally get a spolder

[s]Afaik the part about the firestaff being created before the bloodwar while kinda true has been changed in the story by Fel, it was created by the God of Gods.  Not to help Aysie with creation but as a test of both mortal and God.

How will mortals treat this power they are granted? How will the Gods react to this mortal come God?[/s]

****Spoilers****
Last edited by Greymist on Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

greymist wrote:****Storyline Spoiler (which Fel hasn't even written yet)****
The below is enclosed in horrible tags to make reading it harder so you don't accidentally get a spolder

****Spoilers****

Hmm, Grey if thats True, wouldn't there be a Firestaff in Each Universe?

Or did he only want to "test" Sennadar's gods are mortals..?
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

It would be rather dull doing the same thing in each universe eh?

Fel has hinted (iirc) that there are objects in other universes but if they have the same powers/do the same thing as the firestaff I don't know.
Last edited by Greymist on Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

greymist wrote:It would be rather dull doing the same thing in each universe eh?

Fel has hinted (iirc) that there are objects in other universes but if they have the same powers/do the same thing as the firestaff I don't know.

True.. it could be the Creator god was killed trying to use that item which allowed the One god to rise up.. who knows..
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

hearly wrote:

True.. it could be the Creator god was killed trying to use that item which allowed the One god to rise up.. who knows..
Not sure if a creator God could be killed, but I can see it being used to bind them to where they can't do anything.  That may be what happened to the Pyrosia one.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Maybe the Pyrosian Creator God is on drugs and is stoned out his/her gourd.  Or has a major case of sleepiness.  Or is just a lazy SOB.  Or is on some sort of God retreat (you know no cell phone, pager, email, etc.) and doesn't know whats going on.

J-Man5
rick
Sorcerer

Post by rick »

Let us not forget that the Sennadar Dimsion is one of the closest if not the closest  to the  "Center of All"  .This is why there is so much magic and the Gods are so much more powerful compared to other Dimisons gods.that`s a good reason to want to know who they will react to The Creation of Gods like Val and Tarrin and how the gods and mortals will act .
My mind is a terrable thing to leave empty, It comes up with weird things to fill the empty places.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Not a bad comment rick, Lochar and Hearly I feel are on crack though.

The creator god doesn't have so much power atm, what happened is The One god so many followers and had so much power he could twist the universe into somewhat of his own image kinda changing the rules the creator god set.