It is a sad day

codewarrior
Sorcerer

It is a sad day

Post by codewarrior »

Today Ewpub.org has finally gone offline.  :(  It was a great site, a site where new authors could post their stories and get feedback from the public. (Kind of like SOL, but different) Anyways it was where it all started for me. I first found the link to Fel's work there. After I found Fel's work, it entertained me while I was waiting for another chapter from Fel.  Now I have to find somewhere else to go and entertain myself. It is a sad day. :(
Lead me not to temptation. I'm sure, I know the way better than you.
Saetan
Novice

Re: It is a sad day

Post by Saetan »

I've heard that it's not gone for good, and that it's current down state is the result of change of ownership
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

According to what I had been noticing in the Ewpub forum, there was indeed a new administrator or administration team that has been chosen.  As for when it will be back up though, that's anyone's guess.
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Post by codewarrior »

Well if a new admistrator is choosen then i guess thats good news. But still the former admin and creator NetWolf is leaving EWP.It is still a sad thing when a creator has to give up on their creation and hope for the best.
Lead me not to temptation. I'm sure, I know the way better than you.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

codewarrior wrote:Well if a new admistrator is choosen then i guess thats good news. But still the former admin and creator NetWolf is leaving EWP.It is still a sad thing when a creator has to give up on their creation and hope for the best.

If I read right, he's not "leaving" he just doesn't want the headache of running the site, I think his stories will still be posted there..
Raijin
Talent

Post by Raijin »

What is SOL ? I keep seeing it around here, but have no clue as to what it is .  Please be gentle with your remarks, I'm new. ???
Dart
Talent

Post by Dart »

raijin wrote:What is SOL ? I keep seeing it around here, but have no clue as to what it is . Please be gentle with your remarks, I'm new. ???
I maybe wrong but i'm pretty sure SOL is http://www.storiesonline.net
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

hearly wrote:If I read right, he's not "leaving" he just doesn't want the headache of running the site, I think his stories will still be posted there..
I think it would be the best that Net Wolf, author primarly I think, is relieved of burden of running the site. I think he has too much temper sometimes for admin duties, and he said himself that he is at amateur at webmastering; and he don't love it either. Not mentioning his lack of free time to spend on non-profit EWP.org.

I hope that they foud good, responsible, competent admin for EWP.org. One that would preserve the spirit of Electronic Wilderness Publishing. And that it would be up soon. I'm quite fond of this site. I have read many good stories there... and found there link to Firestaff Series. It would be great loss for this site to go down permanently.

P.S. I see that EWP.org main site http://www.ewpub.org is down (connection refused) but host is responding to pings and the domain is still registered to Electronic Wilderness Publishing, while someone (Unasi, Inc) is cybersquatting on http://www.ewp.org (redirect to lasminutetravel.com) .
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
sandstrahler1
Novice

Post by sandstrahler1 »

As of 10 minutes ago it was back online

Sandstrahler1
Sandsrahler1