R.I.P. Neil Armstrong 1930-2012

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong 1930-2012

Post by Cougar2k2 »

One of my childhood heroes, a true American MAN, one of the greatest test pilots of all time, a fellow Ohioan, a figure of modesty and humility: Neil Armstrong, R.I.P

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/neil-a ... Dkq-dZlSDl
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
Bigwind
Initiate

Re: R.I.P. Neil Armstrong 1930-2012

Post by Bigwind »

As you say, a truely great and humble man. The courage that was shown by those first astronauts is astounding. They are admired and respected around the world.
I'm not completely mad, there are bits missing!
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Bigwind wrote:As you say, a truely great and humble man. The courage that was shown by those first astronauts is astounding. They are admired and respected around the world.
Dittos
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Bigwind wrote:As you say, a truely great and humble man. The courage that was shown by those first astronauts is astounding. They are admired and respected around the world.
Not just those first astronauts, in my opinion. Last night, when I finally got home from work, I looked up into the sky to find the big dipper and the north star, a falling star burned up in the atmosphere. You may say, "so what?" But, what if that same falling star had hit the ISS in orbit in a critical area? Does the opening moments of the movie Armageddon come to mind?

IMO, All of the astronauts ( and cosmonauts for that matter ) should be looked up to as hero's. Much more than today's movie stars and superstar athletes.

J R
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
bigthunder
Initiate

Post by bigthunder »

He has taken the next "small step" and he will be missed