Spirit Walker - Spoilers - Chapters 1 through part of 14

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions about the Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
gnume
Sui'Kun

Re: Spirit Walker - Spoilers

Post by gnume »

Fel wrote:I have finals in 2 weeks, that's why I'm not following a "normal" pattern. ;)

Nor will it be normal until mid-May, as I have to transition from school to work.
are there going to be chapter till the weekend ?

and finals are a bitch
I have engineering finals till mid june :?
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Fel wrote:I have finals in 2 weeks, that's why I'm not following a "normal" pattern. ;)
Nor will it be normal until mid-May, as I have to transition from school to work.
Good luck Fel
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

gnume wrote:

and finals are a bitch
I'm on page 15 of the current chapter, and should have it done by the weekend.

But after chapter 11 is out, my time to work on the story will be spotty, at best. So it shows up when it shows up.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

after chapter 11 is out, my time to work on the story will be spotty, at best. So it shows up when it shows up.
Best of Luck on finals, et al.
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

Fel wrote:
gnume wrote:

and finals are a bitch
I'm on page 15 of the current chapter, and should have it done by the weekend.

But after chapter 11 is out, my time to work on the story will be spotty, at best. So it shows up when it shows up.
good lack with the finals o_O O_o o_O
Omegano
Initiate

Post by Omegano »

Looking back and averaging the number of pages per chapter for Spirit Walker, I come to 22.6.
If you have done 15 pages, that means you are (according to the laws of averages) about 66.371681415929203539823008849558% done.
At the time of your post, it had been 70 hours, 43 minutes since the last chapter was posted, or 4243 minutes.
That makes a rate of 0.015642630548180344930432007742059% completion per minute.
That makes the total time to complete the chapter 6392.78666... minutes, or 106 hours, 32.78666... minutes.
So, if the laws of averages hold true, the next chapter should be out on April 25, at 1:32 AM.

But that's not going to stop me from checking every half hour. :mrgreen:

And good luck on the Finals. Hopefully, you won't need it.
Go ahead. Ask me any question, but if it needs logic or intelligence, you will want to ask that brain thingie that lives in in my head instead.
Elsh
Initiate
Location: Under the cupboard, reading chapter 14 of spiritwalker.

Post by Elsh »

Omegano wrote:
But that's not going to stop me from checking every half hour. :mrgreen:

And good luck on the Finals. Hopefully, you won't need it.
I don't know how you can go so long between checks :lol:
Missing chapter 14, making my way through chapter 15 and awaiting chapter 16 of Spirit Walker.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Glad we are going to get another chapter to feed my addiction. :D Good luck on the finals all, I've got my last lawschool final next week. :P One more and then I'm done, one more, then I get to study for the bar. :P

Thanks for writing Fel. We know you'll rock on your finals.

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

michaelsuave wrote:Glad we are going to get another chapter to feed my addiction. :D Good luck on the finals all, I've got my last lawschool final next week. :P One more and then I'm done, one more, then I get to study for the bar. :P
oh don't do that, you know he'll have some Major Cliffhanger at the end of 11 and we'll all be like ready to kill him :P
schunn99
Initiate

Post by schunn99 »

hey all,

good luck on your exams, Fel. I understand about exams. I working on a BFA in photography. but most of my art exams are critiques of projects. argghh. And in the case of my photography class, I have a 10 - 15 piece photography portfolio, all window matted due on 4/28 and the portfolio is centered around a theme or concept.

I need my chapter fix, man... can't fight the craving for more spirit...neeed my fix.(lol)
(take your time Fel, exams first then story)
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Best of Luck, Fels.. Good wishes is always taken with a smile... so is the giver. :D
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
alkiera
Initiate

Post by alkiera »

Hearly wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:Glad we are going to get another chapter to feed my addiction. :D Good luck on the finals all, I've got my last lawschool final next week. :P One more and then I'm done, one more, then I get to study for the bar. :P
oh don't do that, you know he'll have some Major Cliffhanger at the end of 11 and we'll all be like ready to kill him :P
Having read chapter 11... There is not really a cliffhanger. More of a sense of forboding; a little more of Danna's point of view, and we learn that she's got some learning to do.
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

i really do hope that killing shot is going to mis clover, it'd better, knowing fel's characters, kyven'd stop loving dana pretty soon if she managed to shoot the kindest person he knew.

offcourse, fel has been known to pull our leg.

just as a thought, there are perhaps a million arcans in haven, governed by about 1000 shamans, since arcans are stronger then the average human, and shamans command incredible power, couldn't the arcans win an all-out war?
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Mistra wrote:i really do hope that killing shot is going to mis clover, it'd better, knowing fel's characters, kyven'd stop loving dana pretty soon if she managed to shoot the kindest person he knew.

offcourse, fel has been known to pull our leg.

just as a thought, there are perhaps a million arcans in haven, governed by about 1000 shamans, since arcans are stronger then the average human, and shamans command incredible power, couldn't the arcans win an all-out war?
Problems with an all out war are yeah, arcans have shamans, but they don't have a lot of crystals, they don't have a lot of lightning tubes fire tubes, death boxes etc; the humans do. So where as you have 1000 really super soldiers, and the rest of the foot soldiers are stronger and faster than the humans, they still aren't faster or stronger than thousands of fire tubes or lightning tubes (which the army of humans would have*). It also comes down to numbers, just like in many fantasy/sci-fi stories, Fel has set up this world where there is an imbalance of numbers, there are lot more than just a million humans. And the east coast, where the humans are and where the arcans are slaves, is the place with all the crystals. Sure the shamans can make crystals, and now with kyven they might be able to cut them also, but there is only so much that the limited number can do, and kyven can only cut so many crystals. The industrial might of the loremasters/loreguard and their alchemists is just too strong, it would kind of be like the american civil war with the industrial north and the southern blockade runners. Ever crystal that the arcans wanted to get would have to be mined and shipped in from/through enemy territory, or made with some effort by the shaman.

It all comes down to numbers, and the arcan don't have them. :(

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Fel, I'm astounded - chapter 11 had absolutely NO surprises. Not that it wasn't a great chapter, but I was hoping for a nice BIG cliffhanger. :twisted: :lol: I suppose that'd be mean though, with you being too busy to write much at the moment. :roll: :lol:

Thanks for gwtting out one last chapter before your exams, and once more, good luck on them. :)
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/