Insurrection: Spoilers Chapter 3

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Insurrection: Spoilers Chapter 3

Post by ANTIcarrot »

I was under the impression that the only reason Trillane's charter wasn't revoked last time (because of the slavery charges) was their political/military power and lack of absolute evidence. Given that absolute evidence of this crime will shortly become available (assuming substantial conquest of Urumi space) and the possible low-point in Trillane's support, is their charter back on the chopping block?
I is an certified nut
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: Insurrection: Spoilers Chapter 3

Post by Hearly »

ANTIcarrot wrote:I was under the impression that the only reason Trillane's charter wasn't revoked last time (because of the slavery charges) was their political/military power and lack of absolute evidence. Given that absolute evidence of this crime will shortly become available (assuming substantial conquest of Urumi space) and the possible low-point in Trillane's support, is their charter back on the chopping block?

I'd assume the Emperess made some type of deal.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Something I was thinking about after re-reading chapter 3.

Could the Consortium be a group of Karinne that escaped there destruction? To me that would explain a few things, Why the Kimdori have never heard of them, as they would know to stay away from the Kimdori, and would explain why there "pissed" at Jason and want to see the "pretender house of Karinne destroyed along with the Imperuim for what they did to them..

Now granted the description given for them is that of an energy being, but Holographs can do many things...
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Hearly wrote:Something I was thinking about after re-reading chapter 3.

Could the Consortium be a group of Karinne that escaped there destruction? To me that would explain a few things, Why the Kimdori have never heard of them, as they would know to stay away from the Kimdori, and would explain why there "pissed" at Jason and want to see the "pretender house of Karinne destroyed along with the Imperuim for what they did to them..

Now granted the description given for them is that of an energy being, but Holographs can do many things...
Actually I was thinking the same thing. They might be decendents of the crew of the scout ship that Jason recovered. Now after chapter 3 I think they planned for Rahni to get captured and her secret mission that would have been uploaded into memory would be to take down Cybi. The portion that was purged probably was the training she went thru to do the mission.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Hearly wrote:Could the Consortium be a group of Karinne that escaped there destruction?
I doubt it. If the consortium's plan had gone ahead it would have crippled the Fae Imperium, and possible the rest of the local governments if the Urumi hadn't stopped there. Under this kind of pressure, no one would have the slightest patience for Jason's desire to not share Karris' technology. "Our people are getting slaughtered. We have no choice. Give us the tech now or we take it." How would either of these consequences bee in keeping with Kerinne philosophy?

Remember the Kerinne have been 'dead' for hundreds of years, and the Fae (and the local governments) only seem to control a comparatively small part of the galaxy. It's quite reasonable to suppose that while they were significantly more advanced than local space, they are not the smartest people in the galaxy and they never were.

The Kimdori assume no one else can do the things they can, which is why they missed the spy-probe, and why their spy probes might not be well hidden. If you approached the vicinity of such a network with hostile intent, and saw it all leading back to one world, you'd avoid that world too. Or it could be a case that they have no need; that they are strictly confining their contact to the first local race that agrees with their plan on a KISS basis.
I is an certified nut
Lokis Advisor
Initiate

Post by Lokis Advisor »

I have thought that the Consortium may be setting the Urumni up as pastie's and whenthey get their asses kicked the consortium will move in and pick up the pieces. Could be an easy way to pick up new planets/sectors. and the Urumni will weaken all the neighbeours thay attack, thus putting the collective in a stronger position once they wipe out the Urmuni
Enjoy the time you spend having someone else expand your mind.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

The thing about the scout ship is that Cybi said none of the Faey on the ship were Karrine. There was no Karrine nobles on it, that means they were Faey not Generations. They are just like the Marines and Humans that Jason brought into the house, they have interfaces not gestalts. Over time the descendents of the Faey there might not like the Karrine they might have felt abandoned if any survived and with Jason bringing back Karrine want payback for that.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment