Issues.

bbobb
Novice

Re: Issues.

Post by bbobb »

I've always maintained that the proper amount of doneness for steak is scared. Get it close enough to the fire to give it a good scare, but not enough to do any real harm.

bbobb
kaas
Novice

Post by kaas »

bbobb wrote:I've always maintained that the proper amount of doneness for steak is scared. Get it close enough to the fire to give it a good scare, but not enough to do any real harm.

bbobb
when I lived in Amerika (1 year as an exchange student) waiters would ask me several times whether I "really, really would like my steak very well done" :)
fickle-godling
Initiate

Post by fickle-godling »

angus steak, medium rare or medium or medium well, and a good marinade :o you cant go wrong! yuummmmmmmm
checking this forum everyday is turning into an addiction
Andygal
Sorcerer

Post by Andygal »

Yuck! Well done steak. You may as well take the burnt remains of logs off a campfire and eat that.
Old signature was in need of replacement, insert clever new signature here.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

J-Man5 wrote:I don't like my steaks raw. I like them with some life put back into them. In other words nice hot and steamy. With lots of pink juiciness.

J-Man5
If it's stopped mooing before it reaches the table, it's obviously overcooked.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Marinade? A steak? What kind of heathen are you? Medium well over a nice charcoal grill, thanks... I like my meat not mooing...
montie1123
Sorcerer

Post by montie1123 »

Well it all depends on what cut of steak were talking about. Though a nice porterhouse cooked medwell over a charcoal and masqet woodchip fire is my fave.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Pretty much any steak for me... porterhouse, t-bone, strip, sirloin, loin chop, backstrap, etc. Pretty much everything medium well. :) From pretty much any animal. The only exceptions are any kind of bird, fish, seafood, and pork. And ground meat...but that's a safety thing, not a flavor thing. :)

Any unusual meat lovers out there? I'm a fan of rattlesnake, alligator and elk myself. :D
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

kaas wrote:@ michael:

finally found a picture of you. Thought you could escape in the anonymity of the web and with that fancy mask of yours... :)

http://www.cowabduction.com/

the products/services page, the 3rd (of six)
Um... yeah, you found it, my secret sausage factory... the key is free meat... five finger discount... :P
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

I'm not a big eater of big hunks of red meat.

My general rule is: If it's still pink - it's not cooked enough for me.

You wouldn't like the results if you tried giving me less than well-cooked meat.
montie1123
Sorcerer

Post by montie1123 »

rattlesnake is good, not much on elk, though i live off deer gerkie ill use a whole deer for it if i have to. Just to keep my self in stock lol. Heck if i have the cash for 2 doe tags ill make both into gerkie.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

i just say 3/4 done. And the waiter has this blank look, then I said past medium. He replied, oh medium well.. duh. All right.

I like juicy but I dont drink blood... not a vampire as yet.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.